I'm just spitball'n this one out there so hopefully no one gets up in arms here. I've always been the kind of guy to wait on buying up the newest anything. I like to let things Marinate for a month or so and see how things settle.

I have to say it's a bummer to see the Torch get pushed back but I'm not all that upset since I was planning to give myself a little Christmas present this year ala Torch.

I find when you give things time you always get the full experience. Not a product that has been recalled or had 10 updates etc... I'm thinking maybe if more of us were less excited to have it right away then the release sales go down and maybe some one is compelled to release a working product right out of the gate for once.

Just a thought. I also know there are those of us who just gotta have it on day one and are willing to go through all the agony of finding the faults in products first hand. So to all the day 1 torch owners thanks and I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy your new torch.

Cheers
    09-24-10 08:09 PM
    As much as I EAGERLY want to grab the Torch when Rogers releases it next week - I'm thinking twice about getting it on the first day.

Only because being an 'early adopter' has got me into some issues in the past where I got burned. So I think I'll wait until all the guys and girls up in the great north get it first, post some reviews then I'll decide.

To those getting it on the first day, hopefully you won't go through as much pain as our Southern counterparts.... =) - but look at them now, they all love the Torch now.....
    09-24-10 10:32 PM
    I think after everything settles the Torch is going to be a nice bridge between the functionality of the berry and ease of use with the new OS and touch screen. I'm worried about how the internals are going to hold up as the phone ages. Gonna be interesting to see.
    09-24-10 11:18 PM
    There will always be early adopters and late adopters. Both philosophies have their advantages and disadvantages.

Regardless though, I don't think a theoretical mass exodus of early adopters is going to change a company's production and marketing strategy for smart phones. They're going to do as much as necessary to make it desirable and marketable and get it to out there as soon as possible. There will be some mistakes and missteps in this strategy, but sometimes days can mean millions.

With the pace of technological change, by the time it's "perfect", it would be obsolete.
    09-24-10 11:43 PM
    Would Canadians really be considered early adopters when its first released? Most of the major bugs have been fixed or worked on for OS6... just asking.
    09-25-10 12:24 AM
    Most of the major OS bugs have been fixed in the multiple OS leaks since release. We Americans were the early adopters and dealt with the bugs. There really won't be any Canadian "early" adopters.. You'll be adolescent adopters

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 12:35 AM
    Adolescence (shudders) there is a place i would never like to end up again lol Hopefully all the major bugs are worked out but it seems problems are present still with the last minute delays to Roger customers and also across the board at bell and telus.

Hopefully we can grow out of adolescence quickly into adulthood as I would like to have this phone sooner than later.
    09-25-10 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD