I was lucky enough to win a Blackberry Torch at work and the phone is really nice. I haven't used a Blackberry since the 9700 was released and now I remember why I don't use a Blackberry device....

I got my new Blackberry Torch home and downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager Program (Mac version) from the Blackberry website. I opened the program and was shocked that I still couldn't transfer or backup photos/videos from the Mac Iphoto Program. I understand a Blackberry is primary a business device but I really need this ability since I use it often.

I don't own a PC so that is out of the question and I understand I can drag/drop photos and videos from my micro sd card to my Mac and vice versa but that doesn't solve my problem unfortunately. I have about 700+ photos and around 7 small videos that I use for various reasons. It would be crazy to have to use the drag/drop method and not have them categorized on my Torch the way I do on my Iphone 4.

Does anyone knows of a program that will solve this problem please? I really like my Blackberry Torch because the physical keyboard is amazing and I like the overall setup on the device. Even now that I like the Blackberry Torch better than my Iphone 4 not being able to sync photos/videos easily or quickly is a massive deal breaker.

Please help, any solution would be great and I don't mind spending some money for a program that works but full syncing abilities is a must. I really want a program that works similar in use to Itunes, in terms of syncing everything in one program if that is even possible. I use Gmail sync for my contacts and calendars so that isn't the problem, the photos/videos is the problem.

Sorry for the long post everyone, thank you for any help.
    09-07-10 04:16 AM
    See if this works. It's expensive, and I don't know if it'll work with OS 6. You should contact them first.

BlackBerry Mac Synchronization via Bluetooth with The Missing Sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Karmaloop; 09-07-10 at 04:37 AM.
    09-07-10 04:30 AM
    Are you saying the Mac version of Desktop Manager doesn't have Media Sync built in? Possibly there is a version to download that does include Media Sync?
    09-07-10 08:45 AM
    Are you saying the Mac version of Desktop Manager doesn't have Media Sync built in? Possibly there is a version to download that does include Media Sync?
    It only gives you the ability to sync music but no photos or videos, I just read on the Blackberry website that photo and video sync is only available on the PC version
    09-07-10 01:31 PM
    I tried the Missing Sync Program this morning and it didn't work correctly, I keep getting a lot of error messages. I will contact their support department to see if I can get it to work but if not then I will have to sell the Blackberry Torch. Thank you for the help
    09-07-10 01:40 PM
    No problem. I hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes.
    09-08-10 10:19 AM
    Does it assign a volume name or create folders for the ones that exist on the BB? You can drop files right onto the BB with Windoze by using any file manager.
    09-08-10 11:28 AM
    Hey. Here is a thought. Run DM under a virtual machine. Another user on a Mac was doing OS upgrades this way and it was working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 05:56 PM
    if you have a intel mac why don't you install windows through bootcamp? I installed windows 7 on my mackbook specifically for desktop manager, and it works flawless. if it's a power pc then use virtual machine, not flawless but it works.
    09-08-10 08:18 PM
    I use Virtual Box as a free virtual Windows environment on my Mac. Works well for syncing (except for current connection problems that I do not think are related to the virtual environment.)
    09-11-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD