Just put in a new holder for my Torch in my car, very cool idea, you stick a round patch on the back of your phone and them stick a magnetic pad onto your dash. Great way to store your phone while driving so that you can use a navigation app.
    Now my problem. The Magnetic Proximity sensor works really well - too well - so that the screen goes blank as soon as the phone is placed on the magnet.
    Any way to turn the proximity sensor off?
    01-31-11 05:50 AM
    Is there a magnet in the holder that could be causing this behavior?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 05:58 AM
    Yep, there's a magnet in the holder - that's what allows the phone to attach to the dash.
    I just want to turn the magnetic proximity sensor on the phone off.
    01-31-11 06:06 AM
    I could be wrong but I don't believe that there is a way to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 06:16 AM
    I don't have a Torch, but it has never been possible to disable the magnetic sensor in any previous model BlackBerry, so I'd be surprised if it was possible in the Torch.
    twoturnspin likes this.
    01-31-11 07:40 AM
    Ok well thanks anyway, a great shame. I have googled everywhere and cannot see how to disable the prox sensor so I'll I guess I'll need to give up on this one.
    01-31-11 02:40 PM
    try to change the setting in holster
    weezul likes this.
    01-31-11 02:43 PM
    why dont' you just use Velcro?
    01-31-11 07:00 PM
    Just put in a new holder for my Torch in my car, very cool idea, you stick a round patch on the back of your phone and them stick a magnetic pad onto your dash. Great way to store your phone while driving so that you can use a navigation app.
    Now my problem. The Magnetic Proximity sensor works really well - too well - so that the screen goes blank as soon as the phone is placed on the magnet.
    Any way to turn the proximity sensor off?
    simplest answer is NO. there's no way to turn it OFF.
    but you can re arrange the position of the magnet ( from the holder) so i t won't put the Torch to standby.

get a Fridge magnet.. and move it around the Torch.. front, back, on the side and you will see where the magnets are placed..
    that's the portion that you have to avoid.
    01-31-11 09:41 PM
    I found this out by accident. But if you slide your Torch up...it won't be put to sleep by the proximity sensor. So you could use it with the slider open if you want to disable to the proximity sensor temporarily.
    02-01-11 12:44 PM
    why dont' you just use Velcro?
    thats what ive been doing for years...9 for a buck and it works great. Sold in the Auto Acc section at my local dept store.

I've seen this magnet setup before. An Italian company if not mistaken. Very cool idea but not good for BB.
    02-01-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD