I've been reading everyone's reviews and complaints and really, i LOVE this phone but i can't help but think that the speaker maximum volume is low. The speaakerphone is not usable in a car because you can barely hear it, and even with the ringer volume is at 10, you can barely hear it when its in a holster. I thought it was my device that was faulty, but we have three units at work and i tested them all, and they all seem to have the same thing. I havent seen anyone else complain about this on these posts though. Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 02:07 AM
    What profile are you on? Go to the profile you want to make louder then go to options>Sounds and Ring Tones>Phone Ring Tone. Go to volume and change it as high as you want. Thats the only thing you can do for now
    10-09-10 02:45 AM
    I was spoiled by the stereo speakers the 9000 had so I can understand what you might be feeling.

If you haven't already updated to .246 you should. It gets a bit louder with that upgrade, but it still won't be as great as the 9000 was.
    Last edited by IchigoMochi; 10-09-10 at 04:36 AM. Reason: typo =P
    10-09-10 04:35 AM
    Its not at all as loud as 8900 Curve... but I find it pretty much better than the 9000 Bold!
    10-09-10 04:44 AM
    Load the OS 5.0 ringtones on it. It gets loud. The new remix tones are not loud enough.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ho...9800-a-512846/
    10-09-10 06:19 AM
    I agree that the speakerphone and earpiece are not as loud. My BlackBerry Tour was louder.

The speakerphone is really dissapointing for a BlackBerry as it isn't usable except in a quiet room.

I hope the next update fixes that. Other than that, I love the phone.
    10-09-10 08:00 AM
    I've come from the 9000 to the 9700 to the 9800 and each device has hot progressively quieter.

The 9000 was a spoil for mobile phone audio but the Torch is really very quiet listening to music. I've played the same track on my 9700 and my 9800 and there's a huge difference in volume.

Just seems to be a device thing I guess
    10-09-10 10:56 AM
    I agree. The speakerphone volume and the ring tone volume is 100% not adequate, but to be honest, I had read some reviews and the ymade such comments but I thought it was a personal preferance. Having owned the 8310 and the 9000 they both had great speak and ringtone volume...especially the curve. But the Torch is far too low. Agree, not possible to use speaker phone in "noisy" areas. Even a bit too low for car. RIM needs to make an adjustment here. Is this fixable with a firmware upgrade or we are stuck with it forever?
    10-10-10 06:12 PM
    Agreed. The speaker on my Bold 9700 is much louder...kinda sux

10-10-10 07:06 PM
    I'm guessing the engineers are under a lot of pressure to come up with ways to conserve battery life and cutting power for speakers or earpiece is an easy place to start.

I would prefer to be the one to control it myself! Come on RIM, have a little faith in your users =)
    10-10-10 07:48 PM
    I'm guessing it's more to do with saving space and cost. Smaller, cheaper speakers.

10-10-10 07:51 PM
    I'm guessing it's more to do with saving space and cost. Smaller, cheaper speakers.

Nah I disagree, the speakers used for the speakerphone and in the earpiece (especially) should be able to reproduce volume without much impact on cost or space.

This is a power issue..........
    10-10-10 07:58 PM
    i guess the big factor is coming from stereo speakers on 9000 to no speakers at all on the torch, as far as i could tell today it was just using the earpeice on max volume, not the same at all really. but luckily its not something myself would consider essential, now the 3.5jack there's something worth keeping
    10-10-10 07:58 PM
    It would make perfect sense if RIM continued to use the Bold 9000's stereo speakers. God I feel like i'm using surround sound sometimes when I play videos or music and my friends would get jealous when I play my music and my speakers are miles louder than theirs. Its just great but its also gonna be hard say goodbye to my trusty old Bold 9000 soon when I switch to the Torch.

10-11-10 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD