I installed the new App World 2.1 and the new version of BBM and now I'm not on BIS at all. Already did 3 bat pulls still nothing. Any ideas? I got a back up from yesterday I can restore back to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 09:19 PM
    Try to resend your service books. Interesting that bis disapearred when you upgraded those 2 things
    01-07-11 09:39 PM
    How can I resend the service books?

01-07-11 09:50 PM
    NVM. Sent the service books, did a search and figured it out. When I'm on wifi it's all good but I'm looking at the 3G symbol and I don't have the BIS icon anymore. Just weird.

01-07-11 09:56 PM
    NVM. Sent the service books, did a search and figured it out. When I'm on wifi it's all good but I'm looking at the 3G symbol and I don't have the BIS icon anymore. Just weird.

Haven't seen this one come up lately but it is a known problem.

Do a search on this forum for loss of BIS. This was a big issue a while back. There's a very long thread regarding losing BIS after certain upgrades or installing apps. Happened to me but I had it on 3G but not wi-fi. I had to dump everything and reinstall. It was a real PITA but I eventually got it going again. I think there's a notice of this problem on RIM's support site as well. Their answer was to wipe and reinstall.

edit here's the link to the thread, my post is #489

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bi...opping-514869/

link to RIM,s KB24285

KB24285-BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone displays 3G without the BlackBerry logo and is unable to connect to the BlackBerry Infrastructure over the Mobile Network

Good luck, these links should get you up and running again.

Last edited by cwmont; 01-07-11 at 10:58 PM.
    elmejor1009 likes this.
    01-07-11 10:43 PM
    Thanks man. I followed your post and it's working right now. I haven't loaded the back up file with all my apps and stuff and to be honest I'm kind of affraid to do it hahaha. But thanks for the heads up. I remember having the sam issue with .246 and it turned out to be an app that was causing the issue. Appreciate your help really.
    01-09-11 10:40 AM
    Thanks man. I followed your post and it's working right now. I haven't loaded the back up file with all my apps and stuff and to be honest I'm kind of affraid to do it hahaha. But thanks for the heads up. I remember having the sam issue with .246 and it turned out to be an app that was causing the issue. Appreciate your help really.
    You're welcome. Glad you're up and running again.

01-09-11 02:34 PM
    It's down again. I got it down to the theme I'm running "HTC incredible". The minute I activate the theme the BIS goes. I unistalled the theme, wiped, reloaded selectively a couple of things, and then the apps 1 by one. The theme is the one causing the issue. Weird because I've been running it for a while now with no issues. It got messed up when I tried the leaked app world and bbm

01-10-11 08:42 AM
    I think you'll find your not losing BIS but rather just losing the 4 dot icons when wifi is turned on. This is a known issue with the beta TB and wifi mode.

Try turning off wifi with the theme on. Did the bis icon show up again?
    Turn wifi back on and you'll see as soon as wifi connects the BIS icon disappears. Only true way to tell if you are truly losing bis is to go to: Manage Connections > Service Status

Even though I don't have the BIS icon when wifi is on I know I have bis connectivity by looking at that screen.

Just a small EDIT after reading your last post. I too am running the new BBM as well as the new app world and have had 0 issues with BIS.
    01-10-11 08:56 AM
    I think you'll find your not losing BIS but rather just losing the 4 dot icons when wifi is turned on. This is a known issue with the beta TB and wifi mode.

Try turning off wifi with the theme on. Did the bis icon show up again?
    Turn wifi back on and you'll see as soon as wifi connects the BIS icon disappears. Only true way to tell if you are truly losing bis is to go to: Manage Connections > Service Status

Even though I don't have the BIS icon when wifi is on I know I have bis connectivity by looking at that screen.

Just a small EDIT after reading your last post. I too am running the new BBM as well as the new app world and have had 0 issues with BIS.
    Much better hearing that is related to the theme builder. I think the issue I had last time was when running a theme as well that could be it. BIS seems to be running fine when not on wifi and the network test seems to be fine so I guess its just a minor thing. Thanks a lot.

01-10-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD