Hello everyone.
    I have had a Storm1 for almost 2 years, and my upgrade is due on 25 March.

I was wondering what the positives and negatives are that everyone experienced on the Torch, cos that is what i'm looking at getting.

Thanx
    01-25-11 12:56 AM
    To be honest I have had a BB from the 7xxx series through to a 9700 (running a leaked os6) and now the Torch.
    Have yet to be dissapointed by the Torch a couple of months in. Good device & the os is fluid on it.
    Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 02:14 AM
    cool. what about about battery and application memory?
    those are the 2 biggest issues with my S1
    01-25-11 02:39 AM
    well coming from a storm2 i think the first problem you will have that the screen wont click !

the next 5 - 10 minutes will be spent on testing if the proximity sensor really works (i.e when you receive a call) = PASS

battery is just as good. 3G and Wifi.. just as awesome the OS6 will feel a little weird and make you scroll across to the OS6 forum to watch the tutorial

feels LONG and a HEAVY... it feels different in your jeans.. but you`ll get used to it - cause your a previous storm2 user awesomeness runs in your viens..

someone else should post more technicalities...
    01-25-11 03:17 AM
    well i'm 90% convinced. but im wondering if i should wait a few months for something like the storm3 or torch2
    01-25-11 04:58 AM
    well i'm 90% convinced. but im wondering if i should wait a few months for something like the storm3 or torch2
    Don't wait GO for the Torch it worth.
    01-25-11 05:17 AM
    If you wait for rumored phones to become reality, you could be waiting a long time. While you are waiting you will miss out on the definite advantages of a Torch. A responsive touchscreen and a solid OS. Browser experience is excellent. Add to those positives a good physical keyboard as well as a virtual one, a really nice camera, and the great messaging and calendaring capabilities, the clear voice call and reception, and the list goes on and on. I concur with Batman19372, don't wait. Go for the Torch.
    01-25-11 09:04 AM
    is the phone solid though? Never had slider before.

01-25-11 09:14 AM

Very solid. Early builds had more slider wobble issues, but I think they're pretty much gone now. They certainly aren't fragile ... they're built to be used.

01-25-11 11:43 AM
    Awesome. Sold! ...now its the loooooooooooong 2 month wait.
    Thanx everyone.

01-25-11 11:56 AM

I have dropped mine three time, all on ceramic tile floors. The second drop chipped the bezel right at the upper corner where it hit. The phone has worked flawlessly.

The last drop was after I purchased a Seidio Innocase Surface and holster combo. Dropped it on the tile floor at a movie theatre. No damage to phone or case. Still works flawlessly.
    01-25-11 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD