I have to say what a nice improvement over my storm 1 I really want the new iphone however I have not been able to get my work exchange server email to work on it. So BB 9850 here I come. Question I have a Seidio leather holster case now for my storm1 and I have had it almost 3 years and it still looks good. What are peoples using on there 9850? Also does it have a good GPS with turn by turn direction? I think I am going to love this phone when I get it next week and the learning curve should be nil. Go Blackberry! and keep working on the apps a golf one will be needed next spring
    10-21-11 06:36 PM
    I think your going to love it too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 06:45 PM
    I was in a verizon store today and decided to check out touch screen phones. I messed with the 9850 and it was cool - very smooth and responsive. I then grabbed a droid x2 and was playing around - froze up and crashed. I then tried a motorola boinic - bricked. The wife checked out the iphone 4s - said it was good (she's an iphone nut).

I'd grab a seido or otterbox case and you'll be good to go.
    10-21-11 08:29 PM
    Seido from what I can tell doesn't have a leather holster case yet or am I missing it? What are others using on them?
    10-21-11 09:35 PM
    I have to say what a nice improvement over my storm 1 I really want the new iphone however I have not been able to get my work exchange server email to work on it. So BB 9850 here I come. Question I have a Seidio leather holster case now for my storm1 and I have had it almost 3 years and it still looks good. What are peoples using on there 9850? Also does it have a good GPS with turn by turn direction? I think I am going to love this phone when I get it next week and the learning curve should be nil. Go Blackberry! and keep working on the apps a golf one will be needed next spring
    My 9850 fit perfect in the Calet case I used for my Storm but unfortunately it was worn out so I bought a new one. When I bought the same brand leather holster for my 9850, it was slightly bigger and my phone sorta moves loosely in it; I should have ordered the same exact case for the Storm but it works. Pic below:

10-22-11 01:23 AM
    Congrats on the new phone! One caveat - if it's been in stock at the VZW store for a while, it may still have the .252 software. Immediately update to the latest (VZW approved, even) .374, or at least to .353 and you'll be very happy.

Blackberry travel does a decent job of navigation, but I prefer TeleNav GPS plus. You can sometimes find it on sale for $9.95/year, and there are no additional charges from Verizon (other than using your data plan).
    WhiteoutMD likes this.
    10-22-11 07:57 AM
    The 9850 has superior call quality over any android device plus the speaker is awesome. The navigation is far superior to any device but it does have downfalls. The lack of Apps for Os 7 devices is getting old with me plus the future of these devices is in limbo. All of the major US carriers reported large gains and they were from Android sales. If Rim can't see this and respond they will end up like Palm! If Apple and Google can build a nice device so can Rim!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    10-22-11 08:00 AM
    I agree. I too like this phone so far in the week that I have owned it. Far superior to my storm 1 and storm 2 that I have had in the past. Since these are their latest offerings, they need to take something that is good and improve on it and constantly make it better. With all of these O/S builds, it seems like they fix one problem and break something else in the process. I know they can do it. Not an android fan and am going to wait for the Iphone 5 whenever that may be, so I thought that this would suffice until that day. Overall, things are smooth with my phone, I just wish I would be able to update the O/S through BB Desk top for Mac to correct a few little annoyances. I keep getting a message that my Visual voicmail password is not correct, so I will renter it, phone runs fine for a bit and I am able to retrieve my messages only to find out about an hour later I get the same message again. I am using the same password as I did on my previous two storms, so I dont know how this can be. Nice phone as far as call quality and some other things, but they need to not keep us in the dark or waiting to make improvements. This is all they have out there right now boasting OS 7, so they need to step up to the plate and take one for team, and evolve from this point
    10-22-11 10:23 AM
    Before you buy a new case, see if it fits in your old one. I bought a new case here on Crackberry when I got my 9850 and it didn't fit for crap. I sent it back as my old Storm 1 case works perfectly.
    As far as apps.....every app that I used on my Storm 1 worked with the 9850. I can't say anything about games though as I don't play games on my phone.

Good luck with the 9850...it IS an awesome phone.
    10-22-11 10:09 PM
    will do that thanks for the tip!

Before you buy a new case, see if it fits in your old one. I bought a new case here on Crackberry when I got my 9850 and it didn't fit for crap. I sent it back as my old Storm 1 case works perfectly.
    As far as apps.....every app that I used on my Storm 1 worked with the 9850. I can't say anything about games though as I don't play games on my phone.

Good luck with the 9850...it IS an awesome phone.
    10-22-11 10:29 PM
    I really like my new Torch 9850 - doesn't miss a beat compared to the old Storm1 - and it's fast.
    I bought a hard "half" case from the Verison store - really like it a lot. I don't use the holster part, but the phone case protects the corners yet is thin. I call it a "half case because it deos not surround the whole phone body - but everything is protected.
    It also comes with a neat fold-out stand on the back (if it only had a front facing camera!)

My only disappointment is that Garmin is not yet out with OS7 versions - so I've lost the best nav capability IMO (reported here to be coming out in end-November).
    10-24-11 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD