Seriously need some help people (again)...This phone is starting to do my head in now!

Upgraded to .337 by the way. Doesnt seem any different to me, the main issues are still not resolved, whats the point in the upgrade?

Anyway i have a major problem, when making phone calls the screen is not locking anymore when holding upright so basically when i am on the phone i constantly am pressing keys with my face etc like mute, hold, sometimes track and numbers, really doing my head in, havent changed any settings at all..

Second issue is the fact i have a password secruity on my phone, it was set to lock after 15 mins, all of a sudden it has started locking instantly!

I go into secruity settings to turn it off, its greyed out and i cant turn it off, what the **** is going on!!??

Thank you for any response!!!
    12-22-10 03:48 AM
    Firstly it sounds like you may have a screen protector on. There have been reports of screen protectors interfering with the proximity sensor, thus the face pressed keys. Either remove the screen protector or notch it out over the location of the proximity sensor.
    Secondly, is this business controlled phone? It souds like you are on a BES and the security features have been changed by the IT department. If the option to turn off the password is greyed out it indicates that the IT policy on the phone requires a password, it also appears that it does not allow the user to set the time period before lockout.
    12-22-10 11:12 AM
    Hi there there is no screen protector on at all, and no its a personal phone mate, its been open to turn on my password lock, but now its greyed out. Really doing my head in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 05:09 PM
    When you say the phone locks immediately, do you mean immediately after ending a phone??? That is the problem I'm needing help with.

12-22-10 05:31 PM
    Hi there there is no screen protector on at all, and no its a personal phone mate, its been open to turn on my password lock, but now its greyed out. Really doing my head in

Even if it's your personal phone, did you attempt to connect it to your work network? If you didn't, what apps have you installed recently? Something has put an IT Policy on your phone.
    12-22-10 07:45 PM
    I have connected it to my pc at work, only to use the Sync software etc, thats all. Have not installed any apps recently, i have recently upgraded too .337 software though, i put the password on wit the previous software. Could this have anything do to with it?
    12-23-10 03:18 AM
    Could very well have, I remember someone in the Bold 9000 forums getting this kind of issue of odd things happening.

His fix was reinstalling the OS.

Bare in mind "Sync Media" and "Mass Storage" in my use of it appear to do the same thing. Open up the the device, and the media card to your desktop. "Charge" doesn't.
    12-23-10 03:32 AM
    I have connected it to my pc at work, only to use the Sync software etc, thats all. ...
    If by Sync software you mean syncing your Address Book to the Contacts in your work email account, then that's what's caused the problem. You connected to the Enterprise and got an IT Policy pushed to your phone. You can remove the IT Policy with this procedure, created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.

It is almost certainly a violation of your company's IT security policies to connect a personal device to the enterprise.

Also note, reinstalling your OS will not remove the IT Policy.
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-23-10 at 08:27 AM. Reason: more info
    12-23-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD