I am pretty new to the blackberry world. Never had a smart phone before. I was listening to some music files today and wanted to hit the lock button so the screen wouldn't come on and off, but every time I hit the lock button the music would stop playing. How to I keep playing the music but lock the screen at the same time?
    11-25-10 12:56 AM
    On mine, if I hit the top left "lock" button, it locks and turns off the screen but the mp3 keeps playing. If I hit the right top "mute/pause" button it just pauses the mp3. The right top button has different functions depending on when its used.

I don't like the built in screen lock myself. I use the free version of storm slider (a basic, easy, slide to unlock app) which I have set to my convenience key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 01:13 AM
    The only way to Lock the phone while you are listening the music is by
    1.Download One APP like StormSlider or BerryLock
    2.Set it to you convenience Key
    3.Enjoy you music while you are running and have the device in you pocket

BTW
    SixTools and StormSlider are a good Team
    With Sixtools you can set you Mute/Play Button to use Storm Slider and with that you can lock the phone and shut the screen down because bout buttons are on top of the device and is an easy way and fast way to lock you phone
    11-25-10 01:31 AM
    You can also use PatternLock and set it to the lock key.

I use that while listening to music all the time with no issue.
    11-25-10 11:33 AM
    Has anyone have any problems with the volume dropping after unlocking or turning the backlight back on? Everytime I am listing to music with earbuds or in my car and the light goes out the music keeps playing fine, but if I wake up the phone again to change a song the volume drops? Is that normal??
    11-26-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD