Hello

I am looking for an application that will allow me to locate my daughter via her cell phone. I just signed up with Map Locator and it works well enough to be within a few hundred yards. It sounds like her phone does not have A-GPS which would make it more accurate. If there is something free that does the same thing I would like to use it.
    03-24-11 11:14 AM
    What kind of phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 11:27 AM
    blackberry protect
    03-24-11 11:45 AM
    blackberry protect
    I second blackberry protect. Works like a charm. I can see my phone all the time. Even when I'm inside the building.
    03-24-11 11:54 AM
    Samsung A767
    03-24-11 01:30 PM
    Pretty sure the OP is wanting a BB App to locate his daughters cell phone. Probably not another BB.
    I haven't heard of any BB Apps for this but that doesn't mean there isn't (I doubt it though). There are services that allow tracking via subscription and a PC.
    I look forward to seeing more comments.
    03-24-11 01:30 PM
    I am looking for an application that will be able to locate someone who is not with me and using their phone.
    03-24-11 01:32 PM
    I see that that Samsung A767 phone has built-in GPS and can run Google Maps. Perhaps load GM and run Latitude if possible. You can see the phone location this way.
    I am assuming she knows you wish to do this. If not she could simply turn off Latitude.
    03-24-11 01:37 PM
    I heard Bell offers a paid "Seek and Find" service that does just that.

Probably a better option than relying on a 3rd party app
    03-24-11 01:44 PM
    Questions and Comments:

1. She does not necessarily know other than a text message that went out when I signed up for map location. If I did not have the issues I would not use this service.
    2. By Bell are you referring to a carrier or an application. I have ATT.
    03-24-11 01:49 PM
    Lol, nm, was looking at the wrong persons profile

I think AT&T has something similar though, familymap or something like that...
    03-24-11 01:49 PM
    I am using Family Maps and the 1st 30 days are free.
    03-24-11 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD