What kind of theme do you use the most with your Torch? Do you have a favorite creator? Do you use paid or free themes on your Torch and where do you get them from.
    I'm likeing techno and scifi themes on my Torch. On my 9700 I was into biohazard and stuff like that. I get most of mine from mobile9. I end up though back to the factory theme. Guys chip in I'd like to hear what yall are using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 05:56 PM
    I'm not a big fan. I've tried a half dozen, some free, some premium. I can't make it through 1/2 day without reverting back to the default theme. I'm happy with BerryWeather on my home screen.
    02-04-11 09:03 PM
    default theme here too, I tried a bunch but none of them fit me.
    02-04-11 09:04 PM
    I'm using tilt... I like it. With the stock theme I found i managed to turn the mobile network off in my pocket....
    02-04-11 09:43 PM
    I'm currently using Reflect7 Carbon - really like it & would recommend it.

02-04-11 09:44 PM
    Touch of Grey...very nice and it was free. No more tabs.
    02-04-11 10:05 PM
    no more tabs????

02-04-11 10:10 PM
    I am using AKstock. Its a free theme and looks sleeker than the stock theme. I used to have BBRedux on my 9550, and if they made a version for the torch, I would buy it in an instant.
    02-04-11 10:23 PM
    Just use my own themes mostly
    02-04-11 11:07 PM
    no more tabs????
    From the Touch of Grey Theme site:

no silly tabs � I hate how the stock OS screen required me to navigate around, expanding and closing tabs (or whatever they are called), accidentally swiping to the Favorites (which changes upon every reboot), etc.
    I loaded it....
    PROS: nice 'n' clean, easy to read.
    CONS: long Calendar entries run off the screen, only displays Home icons in landscape mode
    02-04-11 11:50 PM
    I'm sporting my "8 Apps" theme right now. I'm not a big fan of the stock theme tabs. And, now that I'm learning how to build themes, I can make themes the way I want them.
    02-05-11 01:33 AM
    Just use my own themes mostly
    What do you base your themes on? Syfy, animals, cartoons, colors?
    Anyway I can see some?

02-05-11 01:57 AM
    I use TINT and love it! Though the stock theme has pulled me back s few times I usually go back to tint after a day or two. Its a premium theme but its actually worth paying for, smooth and nice animations, and its very customizable!

02-05-11 05:19 AM
    I really like the themes from Pootermobile both free + premium, right now I'm rocking Sheath and its awesome. Been wanting to try TINT but I'm not sure what colour to buy I shy away from themes that aren't wallpaper friendly.
    02-05-11 11:03 AM
    umicons. soooo cool!

Last edited by laollis; 02-05-11 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add photo
    02-05-11 11:28 AM
    HTC incredible theme is superb for me, its a paid theme and the only one worth paying for in my opinion. Tilt is also great for a free app. The default theme is better than anything else I've tried with the exception of these two.

02-05-11 12:28 PM
    I'm not a big fan. I've tried a half dozen, some free, some premium. I can't make it through 1/2 day without reverting back to the default theme. I'm happy with BerryWeather on my home screen.
    Me too. Probably tried at least 30 and always revert to stock. I think one lasted a day and a half; most don't make it an hour. After all those, I figured out that I don't want to lose any of the functionality of the stock theme. I just want different icons, something a little more colorful but not cartoonish. The few I have managed to find that almost fit that mold look goofy. Finding icon-only, OS-6 themes that don't mess with the default functionality is an exercise in futility. I'd make my own if there were a way to replace just the icon set without creating a whole new theme.
    02-05-11 02:19 PM
    I bet I have downloaded 30 themes for this silly phone, I switch them frequently. I never use the stock themes, its just so boring! I used Touch of Grey for a while, iTorch and right now I am using G-Droid 3.0 Dark. All free, I've never paid for a theme.

02-05-11 02:31 PM
    I'd make my own if there were a way to replace just the icon set without creating a whole new theme.
    I thought you could. I had dled the theme builder for 6.0 and you can change all kinds of icons. In menus just where ever you want. There's places where you can dl icon packs. Theme builder kept crashing on me so I gave it up. Lol

02-05-11 02:34 PM
    I thought you could. I had dled the theme builder for 6.0 and you can change all kinds of icons. In menus just where ever you want. There's places where you can dl icon packs. Theme builder kept crashing on me so I gave it up. Lol

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess you're running Vista? If so, the new beta2 will run on Vista now.
    02-05-11 02:41 PM
    Yea I'm running vista. I reckon I'll it a try. Thanks

02-05-11 06:51 PM
    One of the first things I did was search for themes when I got my Torch, I could NOT use the stock theme.

Ugh, ugh and triple ugh!

I haven't paid for a theme but I do have a few free ones installed. There's a free Star Trek theme I really like, no matter which other ones I try, I always come back to this one.

Bastian's Lair Blackberry Themes Click on the 9800 themes and you'll see it there. He's also got a lot of other themes for other devices.

It's not just because I'm a Trekker, it's also because I like the layout. Several touch areas take me to anything I need and there are 5 custom docks for my five favorite apps, then everything else is just a tap away.

Best theme and I didn't have to pay for it. But would have, it's that good IMHO.
    Last edited by ajwalker65; 02-05-11 at 11:27 PM. Reason: additional information
    02-05-11 11:24 PM
    I have tried a few times and ran with StockPlus for a while before getting Slate. That's my favourite theme right now, because it keeps the home screen clean and modular. Anything by bbt will get a close look when it comes out.

02-05-11 11:38 PM
    I have tried a few times and ran with StockPlus for a while before getting Slate. That's my favourite theme right now, because it keeps the home screen clean and modular.
    Slate is actually looking pretty nice

Might be the first theme that makes me think about a purchase
    02-05-11 11:53 PM
    I'm trying ourea rotary right now. It looks awesome but I really can't tell anything. I installed the demo and it has a nag that you run to coming out of menu to home screem. I'll prolly have to pay for it before I can't tell if I like it or not. If anybody used it give me a review

02-06-11 01:29 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD