OK so my wife and I left AT&T to switch to Sprint... Obvious reasons

Pricing
    Pricing
    and more features for the money!!

The service area is great for us...Both of us have gone back to Blackberry's and I have to say I should have never left bb..

We were with AT&T but pricing and features just became to expensive especially when it came to the Iphone.. Both of us had Iphones and we just got tired of the crazy controlling of the Apple family releasing piece by piece of normal smart phone features...

Now at&t has introduced the Torch which is the best of both worlds.. The touch screen that verizon has from the Storm and the keyboard.. All I can say is wow!!
    If I had known I may have stayed with AT&T... Not sure.. However sprint also had and I say HAD the NFL package which after signing up was lost to Verizon... I can cancel if I want and they woudnt charge me to do so... But is it worth it.. I love my 8530 but what carrier doesnt have that phone..

I'm trying to wait and see if it would be worth it... the processor for Blackberry has been my only draw back... Is the new torch faster? Memory wise will it lock/freeze? But I guess it really doesnt matter since its technology and obviously I've switched to an 8530..

So what do you guys think??
    09-11-10 12:32 PM
    Personally, I don't think switching to AT&T just for the Torch is worth it (specially since you're happy with your service/price/equipment). Having said that, the Torch is a Great phone, and worth your consideration!
    09-11-10 12:36 PM
    Personally, I don't think switching to AT&T just for the Torch is worth it (specially since you're happy with your service/price/equipment). Having said that, the Torch is a Great phone, and worth your consideration!
    worth my consideration?? LOL!!! so are you saying get the Torch....HAHAHA!!
    But you are right.... I am happy with service/plan/price etc... but maybe Sprint will get something exclusive as well.....

Maybe this is AT&T's way of trying to hang on since their exclusive deal with the iphone is running out.. I know Sprint has the EVO and the Epic... But if they can land a good blackberry deal as to what Verizon had and now AT&T I think that would put them on the board a little bit more....
    09-11-10 12:41 PM
    I was using a BB with Sprint and made the switch TO ATT just for the Torch. I'm on a single plan, not a family plan, so for me the switch was only about $15 different. Unless you add in navigation, which adds another $10, making it a $25/mo switch. To me, the Torch was worth it. If it wasn't, I would have gone back to Sprint. And, in my area, I have had MANY less dropped calls (on the BB). I have iFriends who drop calls all the time, but my BB has very few dropped calls.

My Wife LOVES her Hero, but if I were ever to switch her to ATT for a family plan, it would actually be either the same as Sprint, or possibly a little cheaper. The reason, I use the FULLY unlimited plans. I place too many landline calls during the day for the Sprint Data Unlimited plan. The Sprint Simply Unlimited Everything plan is $189.98/mo; ATTs Unlimited Family with two unlimited data plans is $169.99.
    09-11-10 12:55 PM
    The way devices come and go, I don't consider them a factor in choosing a service provider.
    09-11-10 01:15 PM
    kahnefan you have a point there about the difference in pricing.. .However I pay a lot less due to me getting my corp discount.. .so that factors in big time.......and the same corp discount with AT&T was still pricey....as far as dropped calls, i also agree.. I dont get as many dropped calls with Sprint on my bb than i did with att with my iphone or even when i had the pearl at one point...so i guess it just comes down to what plan fits you.... which leads me to dchawk81

thats a good point.. the devices come and go.... so maybe I'll stay with sprint and just hope for a super blackberry to be released... I have to say I do enjoy all the features included with sprint.. such as the navigation and unlimted data etc.....i wonder if there will be a OS6 release for the bb curve 8530?
    I remember seeing a few post about it but that would be great if that were to happen
    09-11-10 01:28 PM
    Sprint isn't gonna get an exclusive. Don't even count on it. Best you can hope for is a re-release of the Torch 6+ months out. That or the clamshell which is more or less a known...

Storm I wouldn't even count on it... VZ's had every single one exclusive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 01:57 PM
    Sprint isn't gonna get an exclusive. Don't even count on it. Best you can hope for is a re-release of the Torch 6+ months out. That or the clamshell which is more or less a known...

Storm I wouldn't even count on it... VZ's had every single one exclusive.

well that just put a dent in my band wagon.........LOL!!! you really think wouldnt get an exclusive... what about the HTC EVO? Exclusive... But if you're referring to Blackberry than I guess you're probably right..

(SIGH) and another (SIGH) I think if Sprint had a good touch screen bb, they would be fine...... Are there any talks about getting a good blackberry?? OR from what I hear, you can flash phones... Could I flash a Verizon Storm to Sprint?

Come on Sprint.. step up.....LOL!! And are there any good football apps out there
    09-11-10 03:29 PM
    I'd be more concerned with the fact that Sprint/Verizons networks are awful, 4G doesn't exist (and probably won't for a long time) and CDMA is well ...just lame.
    09-11-10 03:38 PM
    I was on my way over to Sprint by way of Boost CMDA ( a divison of Sprint). Had to get a new BB after being robbed for my Curve. But after some complications with my expired license, I found it easier to just hop on a family plan with my Mom on AT&T. So here I am, with a carrier I didn't particularly care for.

But I am soooooo happy that I switched. This phone is awesome!!! Still don't like AT&T. No unlimited data= BS!

However, if it were normal circumstances, or if I wasn't such a procrastinator and had gone to renew my identification, I would not have gone to AT&T, but instead stuck with my plan to get a 9650 on Sprint and wait for OS 6 to finally drop.

09-11-10 03:54 PM
    I was using a BB with Sprint and made the switch TO ATT just for the Torch. I'm on a single plan, not a family plan, so for me the switch was only about $15 different. Unless you add in navigation, which adds another $10, making it a $25/mo switch. To me, the Torch was worth it. If it wasn't, I would have gone back to Sprint. And, in my area, I have had MANY less dropped calls (on the BB). I have iFriends who drop calls all the time, but my BB has very few dropped calls.

My Wife LOVES her Hero, but if I were ever to switch her to ATT for a family plan, it would actually be either the same as Sprint, or possibly a little cheaper. The reason, I use the FULLY unlimited plans. I place too many landline calls during the day for the Sprint Data Unlimited plan. The Sprint Simply Unlimited Everything plan is $189.98/mo; ATTs Unlimited Family with two unlimited data plans is $169.99.
    Where can you get this price on ATT currently? It is $199 for two berry's with unlimited calling, texts and a 2gb capped data plan for two phones. If you are on the old unlimited data plan add $10 more to that monthly bill. If you went with Sprint it would be $189 for unlimited calls/texts/web and $169 with 3000 landline minutes since mobile to mobile is free. ATT will never be less expensive than Sprint.
    09-11-10 03:59 PM
    I don't know how you can get unlimited data at all on AT&T, ignoring price completely.
    09-11-10 04:02 PM
    I'd be more concerned with the fact that Sprint/Verizons networks are awful, 4G doesn't exist (and probably won't for a long time) and CDMA is well ...just lame.
    I would call you out as a troll, but you're not. Most trolls base their flame baiting on facts. You're simply lying.
    09-11-10 04:03 PM
    This is a great comment.... You could not be more wrong. GSM is the older of the technologies and Verizon's network is so much better than ATT. Voice quality on CDMA is much better than GSM.

As for your 4G comment, I get 4G in my Town on my Evo and I am enjoying my 4-6 mbps DL speeds every day vs the measly 500 kbps DL speeds on ATT.
    09-11-10 04:06 PM
    I don't know how you can get unlimited data at all on AT&T, ignoring price completely.
    Only customers that were with AT&T prior to the data switch are "grandfathered" in on the unlimited data. As long as I remain a customer I can retain the unlimuted data.
    09-11-10 07:26 PM
    Where can you get this price on ATT currently? It is $199 for two berry's with unlimited calling, texts and a 2gb capped data plan for two phones. If you are on the old unlimited data plan add $10 more to that monthly bill. If you went with Sprint it would be $189 for unlimited calls/texts/web and $169 with 3000 landline minutes since mobile to mobile is free. ATT will never be less expensive than Sprint.
    I went to the ATT site and it gave me $119 for unlimited family calling (for 2 phones) and $25 for 2G data (not unlimited, sorry, I mis-typed) (x2=$50); $119+$50 = $169. But, that's just looking on the sites, not speaking with a rep. As for the Sprint $169, I was comparing unlimited to unlimited (not 3000 minutes), since I place many calls to landlines during the day.

09-11-10 07:28 PM
    You have to add unlimited texting for an additional $30 and Navigation for $9.99 a line. Still leaving TV off (couldn't readily find it on the site) and you're up to $219.97 on AT&T - with data capped @ a relatively low 2GB.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 09-11-10 at 07:45 PM.
    09-11-10 07:41 PM
    No disrespect pzykotic and please don't take this wrong- I use to be with verizon and I loved the service until they disconnected my service on an error made by them not posting my payment to my acct- I say that bc cdma gives you flexibility with coverage- I like the torch but I switched for a reason.....gsm is good if you travel overseas and in other countries a lot...cdma gives me the coverage even if I do roam I still can use my phone..gsm you have it or you don't....but the topic is the torch and what benefit it would have...and based on what I've read I seem to be better off staying where I am.....if Rim can get sprint an exclusive I think we woud see a lot more competition with carriers.......one other thought-- I thought the fcc was making it so phones could work with other carriers??? So that customers wouldn't be forced to buy new phones.....is that true? Anyone hear or know if that's a fact?

09-11-10 09:02 PM
    You have to add unlimited texting for an additional $30 and Navigation for $9.99 a line. Still leaving TV off (couldn't readily find it on the site) and you're up to $219.97 on AT&T - with data capped @ a relatively low 2GB.
    I would leave the navigation off since not everyone needs it. Technically, many people still don't text. However, if you're getting a smart phone, I would say you're probably not in that group, so yes +$30.

So, for Unlimited talk, text and 2G data for a family it's $199.

Now, there are obviously many other plan combos; Sprint has the 1500/3000 landline minute plans and ATT has 550/700/1400/2100 minute plans; both with unlimited nights and weekends. But, I just used unlmited everything to make it simple.
    09-12-10 01:23 AM
    Carrier first, new cool phones second.
    As far as flashing goes, from what I understand the problem isn't so much getting the software setup on the phone, its getting Sprint to accept the device number (MEPD?).

09-12-10 02:05 AM
    This is one reason that I have remained with AT&T is being "grandfathered" on old unlimited plan. The Torch would be worth considering. Go to a store and try one out for a half hour or so. Talk to a rep that uses the Torch. If the Torch meets your needs, the you decide what is best for you.

09-12-10 07:07 AM
    I left AT&T for T-Mobile because of pricing & plan I'm very happy with T-Mobile now. The only thing that I miss from AT&T is the rollover mnutes I had so many I never had to worry about going over my minutes, o well. But T-Mobile is not bad and I got a big discount on my plan for where I work at.

anywho, I read about the 9800 torch and was also thinking on going back to AT&T but didn't. I just ended up buying the device straight out the store with no plan for $500 flat helps to have friends working for Cingular lol. I fell in love with the phone and haven't regreted buying and paying that much. It a great phone, I love the touch feauture and the keyboard.

the phone gets better and better everytime I updated it. So if your a true BB freak like me and most people here in crackberry you'll love love the torch well worth it. So of you want the phone but don't want to be w/ AT&T, check out T-Mobile or another company that'll work with unlocked phones.

09-12-10 08:14 AM
    I would leave the navigation off since not everyone needs it. Technically, many people still don't text. However, if you're getting a smart phone, I would say you're probably not in that group, so yes +$30.

So, for Unlimited talk, text and 2G data for a family it's $199.

Now, there are obviously many other plan combos; Sprint has the 1500/3000 landline minute plans and ATT has 550/700/1400/2100 minute plans; both with unlimited nights and weekends. But, I just used unlmited everything to make it simple.
    Not everyone needs navigation or TV but not everyone needs unlimited calling either. If you're really going to compare and make it as apples to apples and simple as possible, then add the texting, nav & TV.

People talk about how similar pricing different carriers are - and then they leave stuff off. Well it's not really similar when the features aren't the same.
    09-12-10 08:22 AM
    I always tell people to go to Sprint if they want a great Android phone and a great plan for the price.
    But, it's true, with the exception of the Storm the American CDMA carriers don't get great exclusive devices from RIM. Look at the Curve and Bold/Tour... both Sprint and Verizon got their versions of those nearly a year after at&t did. I am sure Sprint will eventually get a version of the Torch. I'd just wait if you like everything else about Sprint.
    But, get used to that. It's one of the (myriad) reasons I left Sprint... the waiting game there was worse than any of the other carriers. And I've had them all.
    09-12-10 12:35 PM
    Lucky for me, I can get a business dicount with at&t through my employer. I save 14 percent on my bill so it isn't too bad. I agree though that pricing is horrible and the sprint everything plan looks really nice. It would only be like 12 dollars less than what I pay for 1500 text, 450 rollover (which I don't use, a lot of emailing though I do), and the 2gb data comes to like 83 dollars after my discount or something close. The data is what will kill me.

09-12-10 01:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD