Dude, you don't need our help. It's your money. If the 9800 does not blow your hair
    back then move on to something that does.

I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair
    or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies) and make the
    decision that works best for you.
    ROFLMAO......Haaaaaaaaa....SWEET....
    12-10-10 04:22 PM
    Totally agree with 99% of the posts in here. If you need our opinion(on a forum dedicated to BB's)most of us will say keep the torch. You wont get a truthful answer.

In the end it's your money and your time, get what works for you, test out both phones. After all you do have 30 days to decide
    12-10-10 06:28 PM
    Dude, you don't need our help. It's your money. If the 9800 does not blow your hair

Strong. Yep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 06:42 PM
    Maybe you have a couple of C-notes to toss away on something that may or may not work for you, but not everybody else does. The OP is simply asking for opinions to help make an informed decision. Considering a: the price of these things, b: some people may need more than 30 days to figure out if they can live with a new device or not, and c: you're probably tied to it for two years, is seeking out opinions such a bad thing? Did you know everything there was to know about the last phone you purchased? Where did you get your information from? I know if I were contemplating such a switch, I don't have time to blindly screw around with something I know absolutely nothing about, and I'd want to get as much input from as many sources as possible. It's not like he came on here asking everybody to tell him which phone to buy.

For chrissakes lighten up.
    "some people may need more than 30 days to figure out if they can live with a new device or not" ...man if it takes you more then 30 days to figure out if you like the phone or not you've got other issues........ I mean come on got friends that have the 'one' your eyeing and they won't let you tinker with it to get the feel of it over the course of time....Jimminie cricket these things go over board...lol...DO you get 30 days to try out a new house or a car..etc...... from reading around here most all of you folk spend an enormous amount of time playing with these things and so you should be well versed on the features and have done your homework and now it's time to just quit researching and do it...... 30 days later still can't make up your mind then you need an appointment with the Geico Insurance shrink and leave namby-pamby land.......lol....
    It never ceases to amaze me how shallow folks are that they whine when they make an informed buying decision and it does not go their way ....30 days later....because the phone did not live up to some nirvana expectation...hey try that on your next vehicle and tell the dealer you want 30 days to try it out or your real estate agent...yeah that'll work swell........waaaaah......
    12-10-10 06:46 PM
    Hey nice link THANKS..... (thumbs up!)
    12-10-10 06:50 PM
    You're welcome
    12-10-10 06:59 PM
    "some people may need more than 30 days to figure out if they can live with a new device or not" ...man if it takes you more then 30 days to figure out if you like the phone or not you've got other issues........ I mean come on got friends that have the 'one' your eyeing and they won't let you tinker with it to get the feel of it over the course of time....Jimminie cricket these things go over board...lol...DO you get 30 days to try out a new house or a car..etc...... from reading around here most all of you folk spend an enormous amount of time playing with these things and so you should be well versed on the features and have done your homework and now it's time to just quit researching and do it...... 30 days later still can't make up your mind then you need an appointment with the Geico Insurance shrink and leave namby-pamby land.......lol....
    To help ya find some confidence, you jack-wagon! Gotta love R.Lee Ermy.
    12-10-10 10:04 PM
    Lots of people told me that torch did not work and bla bla bla. But i decide to get it and its the best bb and know does who told me it did not work want the torch after seing all that it can do and how fast it is.

And the toch screennnnnn the best!!!!

12-10-10 11:19 PM

Lol, brilliant, when I can't make a decision I just toss a coin. Some people can't take the responsibility of making a wrong decision, they ask other people so they can have who to blame for it.

12-11-10 03:10 AM
    Lol, brilliant, when I can't make a decision I just toss a coin. Some people can't take the responsibility of making a wrong decision, they ask other people so they can have who to blame for it.
    Brilliant? That was just rude. The guy is looking for information, not trying to get somebody to make a decision for him or looking for anybody to blame. If you people don't have anything positive to contribute to the OP's question, why do you have to resort to jumping on this other clown's bashing bandwagon?

The drivel before and after this aside my answer to this question is simply that
    I did not jump on the internet an solicit opinions from total strangers on a
    completely biased site to help inform my decision.

The fact that you are too broke to perform any sort of due diligence is your
    issue but it does not change the premise of my point.

Lighten that
    Drivel, huh. Well aren't you a real bloody charmer.

And I'm not too broke to perform due diligence; but I can tell you that part of that due diligence might be seeking out information from actual users. The fact that they do use or did use the same device I use or am interested in using is enough to outweigh the fact that they're total strangers. I'm not afraid to make a wrong decision, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do all that I can to make the right one. Whether or not that's how you'd do it, that's how the OP is doing it. If it's such a waste of your time, then go read some threads that are more worthy of your enlightened insight.

Happy Holidays.
    12-11-10 07:33 AM
    Drivel, huh. Well aren't you a real bloody charmer.

Happy Holidays.
    How nice of you to notice. Despite your mad smiley position, regardless of how much it hurts your fragile sensibilities, is unchanged.

But, you are free to keep arguing your point, as futile an exercise as that will prove to be.
    12-11-10 08:55 AM
    I will a few tid bits of info. I have had the Captivate since July. I really do love the device. However, I have it running a custom ROM using froyo. The lag issues on the stock captivate are very irritating to say the least. GPS on my phone has NEVER worked. It won't even lock half the time. I have just turned GPS off and tried to forget about it. Battery life is not the greatest. I run the maintenance side of a golf course so I don't sit behind a desk and can't charge my phone during the day. I am lucky to make it till after supper before I have to plug my phone it. Reception is okay. Not great but okay. Wifi is great. Email is good. Texting is good also. I really do like the keyboard. Best of all, you can change the keyboard to suit you. It really depends on what is most important to you.

clipse
    12-11-10 08:58 AM
    Seriously, how many people in a specific section of a blackberry forum do you expect to have any real world experience with a specific android phone. Just read this forum then read the android forum and make a decision for yourself.

12-11-10 11:29 AM
    Seriously, how many people in a specific section of a blackberry forum do you expect to have any real world experience with a specific android phone. Just read this forum then read the android forum and make a decision for yourself.

I posted my opinions about the device in question as I do own both. The op could as well posted on the android forums for all we know. If you are upset that he is asking about a device other than the one you own and use, just ignore the post unless you can contribute to him wanting to keep the phone. Though the majority of posts are people bashing each other or the op, he did receive a few posts from people that either left the captivate for the torch or switched from torch to captivate. All come to the realitive same conclusion that battery and gps suck on the captivate and why blackberry is a more stable device. It is to bad that the op has to read 3-4 pages of people crying because he is considering a different device. If he wanted to be talked into the device of course he could ask android users.

Too bad AG is a blackberry troll and flamed him for a question that he did not have the answer too. So instead insult the op and make him feel he does not have a valid question because it isn't it in your interest. Which may be pretty close to breaking forum rules about insulting or attacking other users. Though you do know a lot about blackberry and at times can be very helpful, your posts in the thread are not in good taste. I would have liked to see you provide examples of similar threads or personal experiences. I am sure I will be catching heat from this post as well but hope that maybe some users will read it and agree that offering help is what keeps users returning to crackberry in the first place....

Oh btw sorry for any the errors im typing on the uber sensitive captivate keyboard.....

hunoosh, howarmat and homer1475 like this.
    12-11-10 12:53 PM

Lol.

OP.
    Get it and if you don't like it just return it on the 29th day and get another.
    12-11-10 01:58 PM
    Buy a captivate, Root it, and load a custom rom that phone is GORGEOUS super AMOLED screen
    12-11-10 02:54 PM
    sers.

Too bad AG is a blackberry troll and flamed him for a question that he did not have the answer too. So instead insult the op and make him feel he does not have a valid question because it isn't it in your interest.
    Troll? Yeah right. I spent 4 years here trolling.

Get this straight, I am un-apologetically ME. THAT is never going to change
    no matter what you think of ME.

If you and the rest of the "ladies" in this discussion can't handle that may I
    suggest a heating pad, chocolate and some friggin Midol.
    12-11-10 03:11 PM
    The drivel before and after this aside my answer to this question is simply that
    I did not jump on the internet an solicit opinions from total strangers on a
    completely biased site to help inform my decision.

The fact that you are too broke to perform any sort of due diligence is your
    issue but it does not change the premise of my point.

Lighten that
    Well, by definition the Internet is full of perfect and not-so-perfect strangers. I suppose the OP (who has remained remarkably silent on this) was hoping that a forum full of CrackBerry addicts might also be full of....you know...opinions. Shooting down people for asking for assistance, biased as it might be, smacks of supreme arrogance. Telling people (total strangers, I might add) about your "I am what I am" Popeye-like philosophy on life doesn't mitigate the fact that it would be better to have kept your own opinion and useless twaddle to yourself. Better that you lurk and laugh at the stupidity of people helping people in your own private happy place than loosing your lightning bolts from your high throne.

Go ahead. Up yours! Your post count that is.
    12-11-10 05:19 PM
    I had the Torch went to the Captivate back to the torch..Battery is bad but i got a day and a half out of it.. Up to you but iam a Blackberry person...
    12-11-10 06:35 PM
    asking people here if you should drop the torch is like asking your barber if you need a haircut....
    Wait but..if you ask in the Torch forum if you should drop the Torch...the answer would be generally no since its filled with people who love their device...but your barber would always want the money so would always say you should get a haircut?

:P
    12-11-10 08:32 PM
    Wait but..if you ask in the Torch forum if you should drop the Torch...the answer would be generally no since its filled with people who love their device...but your barber would always want the money so would always say you should get a haircut?

:P
    Ummm..yes. Both opinions are biased..that was the point of the message..
    12-11-10 09:18 PM
    Ummm..yes. Both opinions are biased..that was the point of the message..
    Oh. I thought the point was to convey two messages which have the same bias not opposing bias. My bad
    12-11-10 09:34 PM
    @amazinglygraceless,

That was quite a meltdown you had. It was very wise of you to delete your post before everyone had a chance to read it. It shows quite an interesting side. I am truly sorry for inciting you to such wrath. Just remember that in the real world that most of us live in, you can't so easily take back your words.
    12-12-10 07:14 AM
    Doesn't the title suggest the OP has already made up his mind and he's just trying to stir some trouble?

12-12-10 07:29 AM
    Doesn't the title suggest the OP has already made up his mind and he's just trying to stir some trouble?

You might be right. The guy could be an Android fanboy or just a n00b. As has been rightly said, someone faced with a mucho $$ purchase would do best to conduct their own research from reputable sources...hopefully ones not so biased as we (probably) are! ;-)

That said, it's quite possible that he's done his research and he's just looking for one of us to help rationalize his decision. Who knows? Best just to leave it alone and move on rather than jump down his throat like some have a habit of doing. Forums such as this live and breathe based on their membership. If we chase people away while they're still in the n00b stage we'll soon have no one left. Best that they fall and skin their own knees.
    carbide50 likes this.
    12-12-10 08:10 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD