11-08-10 01:54 PM
295 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The notification screen bug is kinda annoying me now though. If I get a text or email I can't open it through there, it just jumps to my calendar! They should fix that, other than that the only other issue is my browser freezes here and there on certain pages and requires a battery pull to fix, camera sports mode issue is glitchy, but battery life and browser rendering and pinch to zoom have definately improved! Good update, running it on my Rogers Torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but I get that. But if I use the trackpad instead of my finger, it works fine. I'm noticing that my ESPN homepage shortcut sends me to the Blackberry site. I'll try reinstalling. I installed .284 just before going to bed & it's only 40 minutes since the phone came off the charger, so I can't report on battery life, yet.
    10-25-10 07:42 AM
    The ESPN thing opens 2 tabs, the second goes to the Blackberry website but the 1st Tab does open ESPN. Kind of crazy. So far so good the OS, a bit faster scrolling, the browser about the same IMO, scrolling definitely improved. .246 was pretty good to me actually, will see if they fix the notification bug for the msg. Might go back to .246 eventually if not. But this one is pretty fast. I'll update battery by the end of today.
    10-25-10 08:01 AM
    .284 has shown that battery life should be about 20% better according to my meterberry app. i'm averaging about 2%-3.5% battery drain per hour, down from about 3- 4% per hour on the \Rogers official .246. This will be official fro me after using it during the week (work) as sometimes weekends are not a really good indication of actual real world resuts.
    edit: corrected version #'s
    10-25-10 08:02 AM
    My NYTIMES, ESPN,FOXNEWS apps open 3-4 windows taking me to mobile.blackberry.com on the top window and doesn't allow me to close the top window to get to the desired app. ALSO the MENU has a bzillion options that normally aren't available. I've seen no noticable improvements. I'm thinking I'm going back to .246.
    10-25-10 08:09 AM
    Is everyone who upgraded from .246 experiencing this problem with the notification screen? Currently, I do not have this problem with .246 when I tap on a message entry. I haven't tried SMS yet.

Is .284 worth the upgrade from .246?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

The new bug with the notification screen doesn't really bother me since I only use that for calendar entries anyways.
    10-25-10 08:17 AM
    .284 has shown that battery life should be about 20% better according to my meterberry app. i'm averaging about 2%-3.5% battery drain per hour, down from about 3- 4% per hour on the \Rogers official .246. This will be official fro me after using it during the week (work) as sometimes weekends are not a really good indication of actual real world resuts.
    edit: corrected version #'s
    Just an FYI - that seems pretty bad...I'm not sure if those per-hour stats are for standby only - meaning you're not using the device nor receiving messages...but if they are, my standby battery drain on .246 was about 1% per hour and seems to be a bit better on .284. Again, that's for hours where I neither sent nor received messages nor used the device.
    10-25-10 08:37 AM
    Also noticed some pages while loading if I rotate the phone's orientation the browser takes me back to the home page. Happen on gizmodo mobie, kept loading but when rotated phone to landscape took me back to the homepage. I saw ppl mentioned the code scanner and whatnot installed with this OS, I didn't see anything new.

Browser does seem faster

10-25-10 08:44 AM
    Universalsearch has its keyshortcut back, S, when dial from homescreen is off

I can't seem to find the "dial from homescreen". where is that option?
    Dominic
    10-25-10 08:48 AM
    Is everyone who upgraded from .246 experiencing this problem with the notification screen? Currently, I do not have this problem with .246 when I tap on a message entry. I haven't tried SMS yet.

-Rich
    Seems like (as usual) its pretty varied from device to device. As far as the Notifications bug goes its pretty standard..although I use HTC Theme at the moment so it doesn't affect me. One other bug that seems common is the camera bug in Sports mode that gives radiating black lines across the screen. For me personally the web browser, pinch to zoom, and page rendering are MUCH improved..and well worth the upgrade imo. Some people haven't noticed much improvement, but I know from the sites I visit there is a definately noticeable improvement in browsing. As per usual though..it seems to affect everyones phone a little different. Upgrading and dowmgrading are pretty simple affairs imo and its worth checking out.

10-25-10 08:48 AM
    I've tried to reproduce the major bugs mentioned with this upgrade- they simply do not exist on my phone, guess I'm lucky....
    10-25-10 09:16 AM
    I installed .284 and deleted vedor.xml file but everytime i try to upgrade i receive one or modules have failed. I've removed rebooted & re-installed with same error. Anyone else having this issue? Also, is it worthwhile upgrading since i've read numerous folks are encountering notification area bug which i used quite a bit.
    10-25-10 09:31 AM
    Actually, I DO get the ESPN "bug"...goes to blackberry home page. An easy "fix" is to go to the ESPN mobile page in your browser, hit the menu button, and select "Add to Home Screen". Different icon, same link....
    (note: delete the original app first so as not to confuse things...)
    10-25-10 09:41 AM
    Everything went well with the DL and install. Now someone tell me what they changed?
    10-25-10 09:43 AM
    Everything went well with the DL and install. Now someone tell me what they changed?
    Please say you're not asking someone to summarize this entire thread to save you the trouble of reading it.
    10-25-10 10:17 AM
    BerrySlider appears to be somewhat broken now.

I can no longer access the "battery options". Clicking on it in the menu does nothing. It's probably not a coincidence that my backlight doesn't turn off automatically anymore...if I go into BerrySlider options and disable the app, my backlight immediately functions normally.

Considering the dev has gone missing again, I might have to switch back to PatternLock because I don't think I'm going to downgrade to .246 just for BerrySlider. Can anyone else confirm? I've tried battery pull and uninstall/reinstall of BerrySlider with no success.
    10-25-10 10:27 AM
    Have you tried BEIKS Keyboard locker?

10-25-10 10:42 AM
    Update: I just upgraded and now I see this bug...

Not a big deal for me since I use the trackpad a lot. I guess we'll have to wait for the next OS update...

-Rich

-Rich
    10-25-10 11:13 AM
    I'd really like to see a Torch video showing the improved scrolling and
    browser for 6.0.0.284... any takers?
    10-25-10 11:35 AM
    I would like to see a video too because as I said in an earlier post. I see absolutely no difference from .246.
    10-25-10 11:40 AM
    i was hoping for an increase in earpiece volume.. maybe when they get to the .3xx versions.. hopefully!

everything else works fine for me..
    10-25-10 11:40 AM
    Probably because you have a unread notification. BB Facebook always creates a new notification ("The Next Step") on a new install. You just have to click it once to mark as read and clear the notification.
    You were right .went into facebook and cleared notification ... One question for all ..When i do get a facebook notification ,i can`t open it directly from the notification tab. To view ,I now have to launch facebook to see my replies instead of just tapping the screen like a text or e-mail . Was it always like that ? i don`t remember ..
    10-25-10 11:41 AM
    Another thing, some times the back key takes me to the previoys web page instead of just going back. From the cb forums instead of going to the cb homepage, which was the last page, takes me back to the previous web page loaded before. Happened a couple of times.

10-25-10 02:36 PM
    i think i'll pass on this one. seems like its adding more troubles to the phone. (running on .246)
    10-25-10 02:59 PM
    No one else having the issues with BerrySlider that I posted about?
    10-25-10 04:20 PM
    .284 seems to have much better battery life than the other official.
    10-25-10 05:23 PM
295 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD