11-08-10 02:54 PM
295 ... 9101112
tools
    [QUOTE=stevep1794;5732628]
    Here's the link to the download area on blackberry.com. Just select the Torch from the drop down.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...5B16B6C2.node2

Check that link sparky...doesnt work (clue getter)
    Works for me. Just go to blackberry.com, go to the support section, click downloads, click go to your carrier download site, and click on Bouygues Telecom in the Europe section. Then select the Torch and you will see that the software is available directly from BB.
    11-02-10 05:14 PM
    FOCK you and cananda..Pusy
    not only are you too stupid to understand, but you can't spell either...this is the part where the forum moderators will remove you from this thread cause your just a waste of space
    11-02-10 05:15 PM
    If anyone needs a clue....

Nobody asked you to update. I have an ATT torch on Tmo. What would be my "official" OS? Nothing. I shouldn't use an OS?

Get a clue. When any carrier releases it, its official. Doesn't mean your carrier supports it buts NOT a beta as its been carrier tested.

I have seen PLENTY of "official" OS's release by my carrier that have major problems. 5.0.0.822 for 8520, 8900, and 9000 comes to mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 05:15 PM
    He is why there is a "report post" button.

11-02-10 05:17 PM
    So. It is still an official carrier release. If AT&T decided to release this version, it's the same software you get from the French carrier.
    and i agree. the point is.. its not from the US BB site.. its not on ATT either.. so why add a different carriers "update" to your US based phone?? no matter who the carrier is they are coded specific to that carrier. BB is not writing tens of thousands of lines of binary code for each carrier, BUT when you ad this so called update (french, zona whoever..) most of these posts reflect bugs.. bugs that interfere with the relationship of programs within the phone. hence a problem...you guys (not all but some) jump up and down like its the secret plans to the DEATH STAR everytime some foreign carried or even verizon for that matter has an update.

You guys can call me ignorant all day long..my ignorance let's me work from home as a systems engineer in the Military Defense Industry...that same ignorance brings a nice FAT AZZZ paycheck for reading email and long diatribe posts about a BETA from France... nicee....$$$$$ keep em coming boys.. I get paid by the hour.
    11-02-10 05:19 PM
    and i agree. the point is.. its not from the US BB site.. its not on ATT either.. so why add a different carriers "update" to your US based phone?? no matter who the carrier is they are coded specific to that carrier.
    Wrong. OS's are not coded specific to any carrier. All carriers have access to each update that RIM issues. It is all the same code. The carriers then decide if they want to release them or not. The only thing the carriers can change are the themes and possibly including some 3rd party apps but most of those are pushed by service books and are not part of the OS download.

All OS's will have some sort of bugs and these are inherent in the base code and are not carrier specific.

If I didn't use OS's leaked from other carriers my Torch would have been returned within 30 days because the original OS released by AT&T was horrible. Had 246 not been released by another carrier first, I would probably be carrying an iphone now.

And you keep calling it a Beta even though it's been released to the carrier by RIM and the carrier made it an official release.
    Last edited by pbflash; 11-02-10 at 05:31 PM.
    11-02-10 05:26 PM
    and i agree. the point is.. its not from the US BB site.. its not on ATT either.. so why add a different carriers "update" to your US based phone?? no matter who the carrier is they are coded specific to that carrier. BB is not writing tens of thousands of lines of binary code for each carrier, BUT when you ad this so called update (french, zona whoever..) most of these posts reflect bugs.. bugs that interfere with the relationship of programs within the phone. hence a problem...you guys (not all but some) jump up and down like its the secret plans to the DEATH STAR everytime some foreign carried or even verizon for that matter has an update.

You guys can call me ignorant all day long..my ignorance let's me work from home as a systems engineer in the Military Defense Industry...that same ignorance brings a nice FAT AZZZ paycheck for reading email and long diatribe posts about a BETA from France... nicee....$$$$$ keep em coming boys.. I get paid by the hour.
    Thank God I live in Canada and don't have you working in our Military Defense Industry...lmfao
    11-02-10 05:29 PM
    I know, I'm glad you live there too. I have seen the Canadian troops in Afghanistan.. those azz clowns don't have any idea what they are doing. It's like keystone cops with those guys. but hey.. you can train a monkey to fly a space ship..you can definately use a monkey to upgrade your Canadian forces. maybe that monkey can upgrade your Rogers (its AT&T you know) phone.
    11-02-10 05:35 PM
    ...so anyway...beta upgrade not found for my carrier..blah blah blah and the beat goes on. Sorry for the high jacking.. i'll just read along in case there is a update from the ISS.
    11-02-10 05:37 PM
    I love new users who think they know everything. 11 posts and we have an expert.
    11-02-10 05:38 PM
    There is no "beta upgrade" for your carrier. Enjoy the forums.
    11-02-10 05:38 PM
    There is no "beta upgrade" for your carrier. Enjoy the forums.
    well 2174 posts is the benchmark case to make YOU the expert.. Im following that ***** canadian guy with the monkey..
    11-02-10 05:43 PM
    I know, I'm glad you live there too. I have seen the Canadian troops in Afghanistan.. those azz clowns don't have any idea what they are doing. It's like keystone cops with those guys. but hey.. you can train a monkey to fly a space ship..you can definately use a monkey to upgrade your Canadian forces. maybe that monkey can upgrade your Rogers (its AT&T you know) phone.
    Its sad for someone of your so called stature to say such things when both American and Canadian troops are dying, you sure are representing your country well right now...Keep up the good work **** FACE and if you ever come up North, look me up so I can show you what we do to morons like you who run their mouth like that
    11-02-10 05:43 PM
    How about 34,000+ posts? I've been around the block.

John Clark
    11-02-10 05:50 PM
    John Clark.. my bad.. it only says 2174..someone at Crackberry cant count.

Iceboy - I am MAKING FUN OF YOUR TROOPS - Not US troops. You wouldn't know anything about that do you? Do you even HAVE a passport? Whats your level of involvment with your country?? at what level do you step up when they ask? Your troops are weak - Again, speaking from first hand, on the ground encounters with them...but you've got great strip clubs in Toronto!

pbflash - take the "node2" off your link and it works fine. Thanks for your help. I see there is NO UPDATE .284 for my US based service.
    11-02-10 05:59 PM
    Those aren't CrackBerry posts. I only used them to make the point. You really don't know what you're talking about with regard to what is beta, official, where the OS's come from, how they are installed, etc.
    11-02-10 06:07 PM
    Hang on....Lemme grab some popcorn.

/me hopes only cdn war dudes post in the .344 thread.
    11-02-10 08:53 PM
    Your troops are weak - Again, speaking from first hand, on the ground encounters with them...but you've got great strip clubs in Toronto!
    Your 'encounters' doing what, shooting at NATO troops with your rusty AK?
    11-02-10 10:34 PM
    Where's our .3xx build???

11-03-10 01:40 AM
    This thread was beneficial. I'm not sure who or what Steve is, other than that there are obvious signs he's a troll. And do we really need to feed the trolls?

And, if you take note of all his posts in this thread & his own claims of credentials & experience, there are telltale signs of the veracity of his "expertise". So, let's get back to the actual subject -- the good, the bad & the ugly of build .284.
    11-03-10 02:08 AM

Coming soon to a theater near you?
    11-03-10 02:10 AM
    I'm not sure who or what Steve is, other than that there are obvious signs he's a troll.
    A nerdy american white trash that was bullied in highschool
    11-03-10 02:28 AM
    A nerdy american white trash that was bullied in highschool
    Agreed.

Back on topic, so is it safe to say this one should be skipped? my .246 is working flawlessly minus text messages sometimes opening up in the middle of the convo and not the last text. I don't know if I can handle not being able to use the notification bar haha.
    11-03-10 02:42 AM
    What a c0ck!
    11-03-10 05:29 AM

Agreed. If the Torch is the 'Flagship' why are the (no offense intended here) "lesser" models getting newer and (hopefully) better OS updates sooner?
    11-03-10 10:14 AM
295 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD