11-08-10 01:54 PM
295 ... 89101112
tools
    hi guys!
    Torch is my first BB..im a noobie! just wanted to ask if i can flash this OS in an unlocked version of BB? or is it only for specific carrier?
    Thanks
    10-30-10 03:02 PM
    Wierd thing began developing yesterday. Using the keypad to dial phone #s from the home screen creates a double entry (22,44, etc).

This doesn't happen if I dial from the phone screen. I've been using .284 since it came out, and didn't have this trouble until yesterday. I've loaded a couple apps after installing .284 but before noticing this issue, so it may be an app bug. I've done several more battery pulls, but no luck.
    I had the same problem. After some days any key that I pressed repeated twice in the phone application. Rebooting and any other re-installations and re-flashing of the OS didn't help. So I downgraded to the previous OS-release.

.284 is very buggy. Too buggy for an official OS-release.

Greetings
    Andi
    10-30-10 03:36 PM
    I just installed this morning, thanks always to Jeffreii for the great instructions! I am no longer getting Facebook notifications. Anyone know if this is a FB issue?
    10-30-10 04:29 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/fa...4/#post5722506

I guess we have having the same problem though I'm running on 246.
    Last edited by Nabooy; 10-30-10 at 05:20 PM.
    10-30-10 05:16 PM
    Ok, I upgraded to .284, worked fine. My main beef with the original OS was the disapearing favorites, in particular SMS.

Spent an hour reading this thread and going through the upgrade. Didn't help the problem - I still lose the favorite after a power off or battery pull..

Ridiculous!
    10-30-10 07:44 PM
    I am sticking to .246 ... Too many annoying issues on .284
    There is also a folder bug on .246 : if you create a folder in which you put some email accounts, when new messages arrive, the folder does not get the notification icon unless you do something on the screen (tap, scroll, enter etc ...)
    10-31-10 06:18 AM
    Hmmmm ... just got to my new Torch today. Haven't inserted my old SIM card yet from my 9700, but thought before I started to use it I'd come here and load up the most recent OS.

DM6.0 recognized the device and asked me to update it to 284 (I deleted the "vendor" file), which I did. After deleting the original OS, it is now hanging on at the Reboot page. On the Torch it says "Error 507 - Reload Software".

I don't remember getting this message when updating my 9700 ever and it's been a good 20/30 minutes.

I guess maybe I needed to setup the device fully before uploading a new OS? Seems odd.

Do I need to perform a clean wipe and reinstall?
    10-31-10 01:39 PM
    It must have been FB, I am getting notifications now.
    10-31-10 09:01 PM
    Sticking with 246. I get the mesg bug in my notifications too.. so upgrading and still having the same problem is a no no for me to upgrade. (who upgrades betas anyway)
    SmS bug still on upgrade..nope
    ESPN double page..nope
    Doubling phone numbers (i.e. 00223355) instead of 0235...nope
    losing favorites...nope
    More battery life...so (car charger or usb..duh)
    Bluetooth falling off...nope
    In case I forgot...ITS A BETA!!! Too much drama for too little effort from BB.

Also have this issue.. the calander used to have a ton of info on it when I hit my notif bar.. now there are only 3 events and I have over 35 in November alone... any suggestions??? I liked the fact that I can see upcoming events longer than just the current 3.
    11-01-10 12:18 PM
    The calendar having only three listings in the notification screen has been the status quo since .214 I believe.
    11-01-10 12:37 PM
    In case I forgot...ITS A BETA!!! Too much drama for too little effort from BB.
    IT'S OFFICIAL!!! actually....
    11-01-10 04:46 PM
    I have been running .284 since its release, and Ive finally had enough. Downgrading to .246. This os is way too buggy for me.
    -Here are some of my problems.

-When dialing phone #'s, duplicate #'s show up (as stated above- i.e. 228844...)

-Notification bar wont let me open emails, browser is laggy often and sometimes freezes when opening websites with a lot of content.

-Browser content is sometimes off centered and repeated (side by side).

-Facebook notifications wont always show up. When in facebook app, friends profile pictures show only half of the picture.

I think that is it. Hopefully the next update will be a little more stable.
    11-01-10 11:46 PM
    There are obviously varying levels of success with this (& other builds). I get the notification screen bug, dealt with by using trackpad navigation, because that does work when my finger doesn't. I get the multiple browser tabs from homepage link icons like ESPN. I can rotate tabs. Interestingly, the Crackberry multilink icon works fine. I can't tell if I have the Facebook notification bug -- I use other apps for Facebook & Twitter to avoid constant push notifications, except for my RSS feeds & messaging. As a result, I still get all the good things that have been mentioned for .284. And, despite the fact that I spend 10-12 hours a day in an area where all carriers have issues, I no longer have the data signal variation I used to have. No more dropped BIS. And, right now, I'm 25.5 hours off the charger & at 51% battery left, with moderate usage yesterday & today.
    11-02-10 09:35 AM
    Yeaaaah i'm waiting for a diff update to come out
    11-02-10 01:59 PM
    IT'S OFFICIAL!!! actually....
    Actually..its still a Beta son. Because when I go to BB to update..it tells me I have the latest update available. betas are not updates.
    11-02-10 03:56 PM
    The calendar having only three listings in the notification screen has been the status quo since .214 I believe.
    Dammit... dear BB..fix this ****!!! hahaha. thanks. I should go back to 214 just for this simple feature.
    11-02-10 03:57 PM
    Actually, its official, "son." Its just not "official" from YOUR carrier but its no longer considered a beta since a carrier released it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 03:58 PM
    Did you try the themes from the older versions? That is likely theme related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:01 PM
    look..jonny boy...its not on the US site.. I got this tourch the second day it was available.. mine is unlocked and from the US BB site..my phone doesn't require or tell me I need to update to this european .284.

dude buy a clue. - you said "A" carrier... well if A carrier released it.. how come BB has nothing about it??? how come the first few links to this so called official/beta update are from france???
    11-02-10 04:01 PM
    look..jonny boy...its not on the US site.. I got this tourch the second day it was available.. mine is unlocked and from the US BB site..my phone doesn't require or tell me I need to update to this european .284.

dude buy a clue. - you said "A" carrier... well if A carrier released it.. how come BB has nothing about it??? how come the first few links to this so called official/beta update are from france???
    Your phone doesn't tell you to update because this version has not been released by your carrier. your phone will only get updates from your carrier. That doesn't mean that official releases from other carriers are beta versions.

How can you say BB knows nothing about it? I downloaded it directly from the BB site in the section for the French carrier that released it.
    Last edited by pbflash; 11-02-10 at 04:06 PM.
    11-02-10 04:04 PM
    Here's the link to the download area on blackberry.com. Just select the Torch from the drop down.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...5B16B6C2.node2

So who is the one that needs to get a clue??
    11-02-10 04:07 PM
    again...french carrier.
    11-02-10 04:08 PM

Your ignorance is annoying...pay attention to the name of this thread and pay attention to the first post...unless you are in France and Zona is your carrier than you will be advised to update, otherwise its still OFFICIAL even if your own carrier doesn't release it...now stop filling this thread with your ignorance.
    11-02-10 04:09 PM
    [QUOTE=pbflash;5732608]Here's the link to the download area on blackberry.com. Just select the Torch from the drop down.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...5B16B6C2.node2

Check that link sparky...doesnt work (clue getter)
    11-02-10 04:10 PM
    So. It is still an official carrier release. If AT&T decided to release this version, it's the same software you get from the French carrier.
    11-02-10 04:12 PM
295 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD