Nobody knows. RIM writes software for lots of BB's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 09:26 AM
    John Clark.. my bad.. it only says 2174..someone at Crackberry cant count.

Iceboy - I am MAKING FUN OF YOUR TROOPS - Not US troops. You wouldn't know anything about that do you? Do you even HAVE a passport? Whats your level of involvment with your country?? at what level do you step up when they ask? Your troops are weak - Again, speaking from first hand, on the ground encounters with them...but you've got great strip clubs in Toronto!

pbflash - take the "node2" off your link and it works fine. Thanks for your help. I see there is NO UPDATE .284 for my US based service.
    WOW. Your a grade "A" moran ! I have nothing but respect for MOST people south of my great country. BUT you sir give americans a BAD rep. Never mind the fact that your troops cant seem to stay in a country to finish their job, but you guys have failed at almost every war since Vietnam.

Now back to the torch. .284 seems buggier to me than prior builds.
    11-03-10 09:34 AM
    Dammit... dear BB..fix this ****!!! hahaha. thanks. I should go back to 214 just for this simple feature.
    You'd have to go all the way back to .141 or .161 I believe.

Where's our .3xx build???
    Seriously! I'm over .284 but it's not worth downgrading to .246.

Agreed. If the Torch is the 'Flagship' why are the (no offense intended here) "lesser" models getting newer and (hopefully) better OS updates sooner?
    These "newer" updates are beta leaks. Non-official OS builds that are not give not given to us by carriers. There's no marketing involved.

I am sure there is a .344 or higher build out there for the Torch but no one has leaked it yet and, if by some miracle AT&T were actually looking to release another OS update in the near future, they aren't done testing it yet.

I doubt AT&T feels any added pressure to update their "flagship" BB device just because a newer OS build has been leaked for other "lesser" devices.
    11-03-10 09:40 AM
    lPersonally I am willing to wait for an official less buggy upgrade for my Torch. I have had no problems with my .246, so obviously I don't feel the pressure to get something fixed. Having just moved to my first BB from WM6.5, I am amazed at the difference - the ease of use and the support. So this is one happy camper who is willing to wait till they work out the bugs on the beta releases for the official carrier release of an upgrade.

Sorry about Steve...not all of us Yanks are obnoxious twits.
    11-03-10 11:20 AM
    lPersonally I am willing to wait for an official less buggy upgrade for my Torch. I have had no problems with my .246, so obviously I don't feel the pressure to get something fixed. Having just moved to my first BB from WM6.5, I am amazed at the difference - the ease of use and the support. So this is one happy camper who is willing to wait till they work out the bugs on the beta releases for the official carrier release of an upgrade.

Sorry about Steve...not all of us Yanks are obnoxious twits.
    Interesting how different builds have different levels of success for each of us. The Torch is my first BB, too. The Tilt2 was my previous phone. Other than the initial build (.141), .246 was the worst for me. On the other hand, I have the two minor bugs in .284 that everyone else seems to be getting. Everything else is great, especially battery life. Yesterday, I hit 30% after 33 hours off the charger, moderate use.

As for Steve, he may have been upset with the military from Canada because his company sold them something he designed that didn't work & they made him fix it.
    11-03-10 05:59 PM
    After reading several of Steve's post I'm beginning to think hes no more then 15 years old. Someone in his supposed position and age, wouldn't act or talk in such a disrespectful manner to any branch of the armed forces no matter what the country is. Kinda funny that he likes to bash the Canadians yet uses a phone made by a Canadian company.

On another note, .284 has been a really good release for me other then having to sometimes press the trackpad 2 or 3 times for it to actually do what its supposed to do, and the notification bug. But seeing as I use a different theme other then the stock, I have no complaints about the notification bar bug as i don't have one in this theme anyways.
    11-04-10 08:05 AM
    After reading several of Steve's post I'm beginning to think hes no more then 15 years old. Someone in his supposed position and age, wouldn't act or talk in such a disrespectful manner to any branch of the armed forces no matter what the country is. Kinda funny that he likes to bash the Canadians yet uses a phone made by a Canadian company.

On another note, .284 has been a really good release for me other then having to sometimes press the trackpad 2 or 3 times for it to actually do what its supposed to do, and the notification bug. But seeing as I use a different theme other then the stock, I have no complaints about the notification bar bug as i don't have one in this theme anyways.
    What notification bug are you talking about? I ask because I've been using .264 and have no noticable issues. However, I got an email this am about an upgrade being available but when I plug in and go to the bb update page and check it says no updates. I'm wondering if it's even worth me searching for a way to upgrade. And it the problem with the trackpad a known issue from the upgrade? Thanks for any input.
    11-04-10 08:25 AM
    What notification bug are you talking about? I ask because I've been using .264 and have no noticable issues. However, I got an email this am about an upgrade being available but when I plug in and go to the bb update page and check it says no updates. I'm wondering if it's even worth me searching for a way to upgrade. And it the problem with the trackpad a known issue from the upgrade? Thanks for any input.
    Notification bug i refer to is the one where clicking the bar brings you to the calender, or some have said. This thread is for issues with .284 not .246. Yes .284 is "Official" but more then likely not on your carrier. The trackpad thing I'm not sure about but I have seen a few others post about it also.
    11-04-10 08:35 AM
    Notification bug i refer to is the one where clicking the bar brings you to the calender, or some have said. This thread is for issues with .284 not .246. Yes .284 is "Official" but more then likely not on your carrier. The trackpad thing I'm not sure about but I have seen a few others post about it also.
    I was meaning is .284 even worth upgrade. I have .246 but this doesn't matter because I don't even know if the email I got is even referring to .284 upgrade available. I have ATT and thought perhaps they were releasing .284. Oh the confusion this am. lol
    11-04-10 08:51 AM
    For myself I love .284, although some have downgraded because of the little bugs it has. Just read through the thread for the known bugs people are having. Personally unless you like having "beta/leaked/other carrier official" OS's as opposed to your carriers official release then by all means go for it. If it's not for you it's simple enough to downgrade.
    11-04-10 08:58 AM
    For myself I love .284, although some have downgraded because of the little bugs it has. Just read through the thread for the known bugs people are having. Personally unless you like having "beta/leaked/other carrier official" OS's as opposed to your carriers official release then by all means go for it. If it's not for you it's simple enough to downgrade.
    Yeah...I'm probably just going to wait out another email. I find that just about every official and leak OS has some kind of "bug" from reading all these threads. I'm feeling lazy today. lol I thought when I got the email that maybe it was going to be as easy as OTA then that didn't work so this became too much work for me today. Oh well. Nice to get imput on the OS's anyway. Thanks
    11-04-10 09:13 AM

I think the trackpad press bug is the most annoying. It's just not enough for me to spend the time to downgrade.

Notification bar bug doesn't bother me - though it's slightly annoying as well.

I'm hoping we get one of these .3xx builds very soon but who knows.
    11-04-10 09:45 AM
    one annoying bug i have is dialing a phone number from the homescreen opens the universal search as per normal, but each number i type is doubled in the Dial: area of the screen and then that number is used when i press the call button..

so if i dial 0208 from the homescreen, in the Dial: area of universal search, and the number the phone tries to call is 00220088

Doesnt happen if i dial by pressing green first then type in the number on the dial pad or the call log screen

anyone else ? its annoying the p*ss out of me lol
    I see the same issue here. exactly as described.
    11-04-10 11:41 AM
    sorry I'm too lazy to read all the posts (280+) but what are the major pros and cons to updating to .284? I'm currently running .246 and I have the download but am debating whether or not to update... any feedback would be great.
    11-04-10 01:41 PM
    sorry I'm too lazy to read all the posts (280+) but what are the major pros and cons to updating to .284? I'm currently running .246 and I have the download but am debating whether or not to update... any feedback would be great.
    Some things are faster and better. Some new bugs are introduced, though.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go in to detail.
    11-04-10 01:45 PM
    WOW. Your a grade "A" moran ! I have nothing but respect for MOST people south of my great country. BUT you sir give americans a BAD rep. Never mind the fact that your troops cant seem to stay in a country to finish their job, but you guys have failed at almost every war since Vietnam.

Now back to the torch. .284 seems buggier to me than prior builds.
    Must be due to the fact they have a moron working out of his house as part of their systems engineer team lol.
    11-04-10 01:57 PM
    Here's something strange.
    I was fed up with the little bugs in with .284, so I wiped and went back to .246....guess what.....there were lots of bugs this time..(disappearing favorites, etc) not as good as the last time I had originally updated about 2 weeks ago.
    So I reinstalled .284 and now I am not having any issues.....BT even works now! Very strange....but I don't mind...at least everything I use now works.
    Dominic
    11-04-10 03:26 PM
    6.0.0.337 is Leaked check this link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-546391/
    Last edited by ofp1; 11-04-10 at 03:52 PM.
    11-04-10 03:46 PM
    What are the known fixes and current bugs regarding that build? I don't see any information on that.
    11-04-10 08:09 PM
    1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed any older OSes you have installed on your PC by going to Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel)

2. Delete the vendor.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

3. Backup your 3rd party applications ( optional recommended step )

4. Connect your Torch 9800 to your PC and right click on a file named Loader (located in the same place where you found the vendor.xml > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) and select '' Run As Administrator ''

5. Follow the prompts. The Loader will backup and restore your data by default
    11-08-10 01:54 PM
295 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD