+1 me too.
    10-26-10 11:34 PM
    one annoying bug i have is dialing a phone number from the homescreen opens the universal search as per normal, but each number i type is doubled in the Dial: area of the screen and then that number is used when i press the call button..

so if i dial 0208 from the homescreen, in the Dial: area of universal search, and the number the phone tries to call is 00220088

Doesnt happen if i dial by pressing green first then type in the number on the dial pad or the call log screen

anyone else ? its annoying the p*ss out of me lol
    I'm having the same issue... i've done multiple battery pulls and it hasn't gone away... haha very VERY annoying
    10-27-10 01:46 AM
    Is there any mechanism to report bugs to RIM ? It's too bad the feedback sticks here in the forum without knowing if eventually RIM knows about those reported issues ...
    10-27-10 04:37 AM
    Is there any mechanism to report bugs to RIM ? It's too bad the feedback sticks here in the forum without knowing if eventually RIM knows about those reported issues ...
    Reporting them to RIM is useless since RIM makes many variations of the OS, but it's up to the carriers to pick which version they prefer to be released on their devices. The minor quirks and bugs are carrier related not RIM.
    10-27-10 05:44 AM
    Based on what I've read in this thread, I'm NOT upgrading to .284.

I'll wait for the next leak.................................
    10-27-10 01:07 PM
    I'm also going to pass on .284 and wait for next version..way too many bugs for my taste!!
    10-27-10 01:35 PM
    Ran .284 for the last 6 days. Went back to .264 today. Couldn't take the screen being as unresponsive as it was. Try again with the next OS upgrade.....
    10-27-10 02:42 PM
    Possible bug, letters on the virtual keyboard disappears after constant web browsing and switching from the physical and virtual. Hopefully its a bug and not my torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 02:50 PM
    Why would someone take the time to post a video? It's simple...don't upgrade to this build if you don't want to believe anyone.
    For three reasons:

1) I believe that many perceived improvements of upgrades are simply wishful thinking. I've read many a post saying an upgrade results in a
    feature "feeling like it's faster, or better". I like proof, not your perception
    or your beliefs.

2) I don't have a Torch.

3) Some people take the time to post dubbed videos of two cats talking to
    each other, some people post videos of OS upgrade improvements. Both are
    hobbies.
    10-27-10 02:55 PM
    Reporting them to RIM is useless since RIM makes many variations of the OS, but it's up to the carriers to pick which version they prefer to be released on their devices. The minor quirks and bugs are carrier related not RIM.
    Most of the reported issues have everything to do with the OS and nothing to do with the carrier. RIM develops the OS, RIM must fix issues with the OS. Carriers do field tests with certain OSes but obviously don't check for every little issue, minor or major. Carriers themselves have absolutely nothing to do with the development of the OS, they only release an OS to their customers that they've field tested and approved.
    10-27-10 02:57 PM
    For three reasons:

1) I believe that many perceived improvements of upgrades are simply wishful thinking. I've read many a post saying an upgrade results in a
    feature "feeling like it's faster, or better". I like proof, not your perception
    or your beliefs.

2) I don't have a Torch.

3) Some people take the time to post dubbed videos of two cats talking to
    each other, some people post videos of OS upgrade improvements. Both are
    hobbies.
    My wife and I both have a Torch. I upgraded to .284 and she has the stock .246. I should also note that I have more things installed in my phone than she does. This is what I found when comparing the two phones side by side:

There is a noticeable improvement when dragging the tabs up/down to open and close the tray in .284.

With regards to scrolling left and right through the various tabs, they are the same in terms of the smoothness of scrolling.

Pinch to zoom feature in the browser has improved in terms of speed and smoothness in .284.

And, I do have the notification screen glitch in .284
    10-27-10 04:05 PM
    I used to have a problem with my cheek touching the screen while on a call with.246, so they made the touch screen less sensitive with .284.
    10-27-10 07:59 PM
    This was added in the last OS (and maybe even in .161). I'm still using .246 and the screen goes dark when on the phone and you put the phone to your ear. It uses the light sensor. I've never had a problem with my cheek muting the device since I've had the device.

10-27-10 08:13 PM
    Anyone else having to sometimes press the trackpad twice to accomplish things? Seems to happen randomly once in awhile...never had this happen before until .284. Minor annoyance but I think a bug in the build?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ha...-twice-543558/
    10-27-10 09:56 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the voice-dialing function won't activate when the handsfree set button is pressed?

I used this everyday to activate voice dialing while driving and it worked perfectly on .246 but hasn't worked at all since I installed .284. I've tried battery pulls, reconnecting the handsfree set and I've tried my old handsfree set from my bold with no success. Its like the torch no longer sees the button input...

To respond to other reports of problems:
    - I have noticed trouble using the touch screen to tap on a very small link on a web page. More difficulty than with .246.
    - web browsing, zooming appear about the same as before. If they are faster, it can't be by much.
    - I haven't had to press the trackpad more than once to click on anything.

10-28-10 02:22 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the voice-dialing function won't activate when the handsfree set button is pressed?

I used this everyday to activate voice dialing while driving and it worked perfectly on .246 but hasn't worked at all since I installed .284. I've tried battery pulls, reconnecting the handsfree set and I've tried my old handsfree set from my bold with no success. Its like the torch no longer sees the button input...
    On mine voice dialling works perfectly, using a jawbone icon.
    All in all this release works almost exactly like .246, except the notification panel bug, which is very annoying, but not enough to make me go back. I cannot be bothered
    10-28-10 02:28 AM
    Ok, so after 4 days this is what I found:
    - baterry is better than .246 IMO
    - touch interface is smoother and more responssive. Pinch to zoom is better
    - also the BIS wifi bug seems to be fixed on this one, haven't had any issues with BIS since upgrading
    - I'm getting better reception on 3G
    - the browser is fast but the tap to go to a link not working is very annoying. Also hit the back button and taking me 2 pages back is pissinme off too. Doesn't do it all the time but when it does, it won't stop.
    - the notification bug is evident, the touch keyboard orientation thing is there as well and it's minor but annoying
    I love the responsiveness but I'm going back to .246. This one has a lot of bugs. I hate having to upgrade and change settings and whatever but this one is a bit annoying. I had no issues with .246

10-28-10 08:45 AM
    so... as of today...10-28-2010...

which is more reliable?

the newer 6.0.0.284 vs. the older... 6.0.0.246?

Pls help!

Thanks in advance!
    10-29-10 12:06 AM
    so... as of today...10-28-2010...

which is more reliable?

the newer 6.0.0.284 vs. the older... 6.0.0.246?

Pls help!

Thanks in advance!
    Depends on who you ask. As usual, the range of who's experiencing what bugs varies. Personally, I had issues with .246 where some others didn't. Using .284, I have the multitab opening brrowser bug with homepage links. And the notification page bug, but the notifications for BBM & my RSS feeds work OK & the others work with trackpad navigation. Battery life is stellar (16-20 hours of moderately heavy use still leaves me over 50% battery left). Browsing is quicker, everything else is more responsive. That's my experience, YMMV.
    10-29-10 06:28 AM
    I have been using 246 for nearly a week now. I haven't tried BT. What I HAVE noticed is:
    -"favorites" don't stay as favorites. Having noticed that an email icon was no longer there, I "marked as favorite" again. Hours later, same thing...same action. I ended up with the same email address icon in the favorites multiple times, thus booting my other faves out of the way.
    -Difficulty in moving email accounts from messaging to home...after trying a few times, I get several instances of that particular account on the home screen.
    -screen is crisper
    -notification bar glitch

I am toying with the idea of reverting to 246, which worked just fine for me, but I wanted to upgrade as i thought this one would be better....oops....oh well.

Dominic
    10-29-10 01:38 PM
    Hey Crackberry Forum Moderators,

I have a suggestion to better help all the peeps wondering how new OS releases are doing on different devices. Keep a poll going on the First Page where anyone who downloads the new OS (official or leaked) can vote if its a GO or NO GO for them. This way we can all know the general consensus on what everyone thinks, since we all have different experiences with the OS's.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Cheers,

ICE
    10-29-10 04:46 PM
    Hey Crackberry Forum Moderators,

I have a suggestion to better help all the peeps wondering how new OS releases are doing on different devices. Keep a poll going on the First Page where anyone who downloads the new OS (official or leaked) can vote if its a GO or NO GO for them. This way we can all know the general consensus on what everyone thinks, since we all have different experiences with the OS's.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Cheers,

ICE
    I think it's a really good idea actually.

10-30-10 01:45 AM
    Wierd thing began developing yesterday. Using the keypad to dial phone #s from the home screen creates a double entry (22,44, etc).

This doesn't happen if I dial from the phone screen. I've been using .284 since it came out, and didn't have this trouble until yesterday. I've loaded a couple apps after installing .284 but before noticing this issue, so it may be an app bug. I've done several more battery pulls, but no luck.

edit: just reinstalled .284 and seems to have fixed this. Noticed some hanging after 2/4 battery pulls following reinstall. Just a black screen. Once BerryWeather got stuck and I couldn't exit out without another pull. I'll head back down to .246 if I get any more trouble.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 10-30-10 at 04:50 PM.
    10-30-10 07:53 AM
    Try re-loading the OS or removing all your apps and re-installing them.

10-30-10 09:17 AM
    I'd skip .284

NOT ready for prime time yet...
    10-30-10 01:11 PM
295 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD