No one else having the issues with BerrySlider that I posted about?
    Yes I am having many, many issues with BerrySlider (although I do still use it) and I did respond to your other thread pertaining directly to those issues
    10-25-10 06:40 PM
    I'd really like to see a Torch video showing the improved scrolling and
    browser for 6.0.0.284... any takers?
    Why would someone take the time to post a video? It's simple...don't upgrade to this build if you don't want to believe anyone.
    10-25-10 08:06 PM
    Battery life is definitely better or they changed the scale. Seeing about a 15-20% improvement
    10-25-10 08:21 PM
    Battery life is definitely better or they changed the scale. Seeing about a 15-20% improvement
    +1, pinch and zoom and scrolling definitely smoother on the browser here too.
    10-25-10 08:24 PM
    You were right .went into facebook and cleared notification ... One question for all ..When i do get a facebook notification ,i can`t open it directly from the notification tab. To view ,I now have to launch facebook to see my replies instead of just tapping the screen like a text or e-mail . Was it always like that ? i don`t remember ..
    Finger tapping broke. But trackpad navigation works on the notification page. Although I can tap on my RSS notification & go to the feed. Strange.
    10-26-10 01:02 AM
    I'm noticing some garbled sound on phone calls that I didn't notice with .246. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it's a network issue.
    10-26-10 03:19 AM
    Possibly related to the touch notifications screen bug is the, well, touchiness of the touchscreen itself when selecting links. I read the NY Times mobile site almost every day -- essentially, a long list of links to articles on the site -- and it frequently takes repeated presses for a link to open, no matter how I do it (left thumb or right index finger) or where the link is on the page. This is definitely different than it was on .246 and below.
    10-26-10 06:59 AM
    I tried this latest OS for a few days but the notification bug started annoying me so I downgraded to .246. There's a few other bugs I noticed.
    Tapping on small links in the browser didn't always work until I'd tried two or three times.
    It was difficult to navigate between icons with the trackpad and it was too easy to move over to the next tray. This was most noticable when I opened a folder from the All screen and moved to the side of the screen with the trackpad, it would select the Favourites or Frequent tray and when I went back the folder had closed and I was back in the All tray. You have to be much more deliberate using .246 to switch to the next tray with the trackpad.
    The final bug turned out to be present in .246 as well, I upgraded to .284 from .225 and I had never noticed this one. With the phone in portrait, tap the search icon to bring up the keyboard. Now switch the phone to landscape and the wallpaper and top line of text isn't re-formatted correctly until you touch the keyboard. Does the same if you start off in landscape and switch to portrait.
    10-26-10 07:02 AM
    Good catch on this one, I do see the same issue but it's so minor. I will say this one is buggies than .246 but they're minor, really nothing that big. The selecting by tapping on the link is a bit annoying but the performance is definitely faster. The transition between trays and the zoom is a huge improvement. Battery is a bit better as well and the browser does seem a bit faster. Very minor bugs IMO, not like .141 and other ones. It's not perfect but it's pretty darn good.
    10-26-10 07:50 AM
    I went back to official for Rogers a lot better than this ne. Too many defects with notification bar

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 09:17 AM
    Possibly related to the touch notifications screen bug is the, well, touchiness of the touchscreen itself when selecting links. I read the NY Times mobile site almost every day -- essentially, a long list of links to articles on the site -- and it frequently takes repeated presses for a link to open, no matter how I do it (left thumb or right index finger) or where the link is on the page. This is definitely different than it was on .246 and below.
    I've had problems selecting links as well. I open pages in tabs and for it to select the link was working only 25% of the time. I would have to re-touch and hold.
    Some cases it would actually highlight the first link on the page and open that one instead.

I've moved back to 246 because of this.

Was the only problem I had/saw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 11:20 AM
    Bluetooth stop working with this update....back to .246

UPDATE: Looks like going to this update has screwed up my bluetooth...now it's not working on .246
    Last edited by SuperTone; 10-26-10 at 02:51 PM.
    10-26-10 01:21 PM
    battery definitely drains faster.. i;m at 54% and it;s only 3pm!
    10-26-10 02:16 PM
    With .284 my battery life has nearly doubled from what it was with .246, this may have something to do with Vlingo. It’s been confirmed (and admitted to by Vlingo) that the app causes significant battery drain on the Torch. I have continued to use Vlingo because I’m usually near a charger and could get by with it. My typical battery discharge rate (measured by Meterberry) with .246 was between 4.5% and 5.5% an hour. With .284 I’m showing 2.6% an hour, and I’ve been using the Torch as I typically do.

I’m guessing this kind of battery life increase may be due to some change .284 has had on the battery drain issue Vlingo had with .246

Any thoughts?

PS: My browser experience has not changed at all and I don’t recognize the screen as being crisper as some have reported.
    10-26-10 02:21 PM
    one annoying bug i have is dialing a phone number from the homescreen opens the universal search as per normal, but each number i type is doubled in the Dial: area of the screen and then that number is used when i press the call button..

so if i dial 0208 from the homescreen, in the Dial: area of universal search, and the number the phone tries to call is 00220088

Doesnt happen if i dial by pressing green first then type in the number on the dial pad or the call log screen

anyone else ? its annoying the p*ss out of me lol
    10-26-10 04:06 PM
    one annoying bug i have is dialing a phone number from the homescreen opens the universal search as per normal, but each number i type is doubled in the Dial: area of the screen and then that number is used when i press the call button..

so if i dial 0208 from the homescreen, in the Dial: area of universal search, and the number the phone tries to call is 00220088

Doesnt happen if i dial by pressing green first then type in the number on the dial pad or the call log screen

anyone else ? its annoying the p*ss out of me lol
    Not having that issue here. Just tried it out.
    10-26-10 04:47 PM

UPDATE: Looks like going to this update has screwed up my bluetooth...now it's not working on .246
    Maybe delete the profiles & reconnect them? I have three BT headsets, none have stopped working right with any upgrade or downgrade.
    10-26-10 06:03 PM
    battery definitely drains faster.. i;m at 54% and it;s only 3pm!
    On the other hand, I'm at 11.25 hours off the charger, multiple calls & BBM sessions, 81% left.
    10-26-10 06:06 PM
    Is it worth to upgrade from .246 to .284? What are the known issues within this update?
    10-26-10 06:46 PM
    Is it worth to upgrade from .246 to .284? What are the known issues within this update?
    I just read thru 193 posts in this thread and this is post number 194,your kidding right?
    10-26-10 08:31 PM
    I just read thru 193 posts in this thread and this is post number 194,your kidding right?

To lazy to read would be my guess. Much easier to just ask and rehash the entire thread again.
    10-26-10 08:37 PM
    I think that the bis bug is solved on this update... I'm not experiencing this but anymore
    10-26-10 08:39 PM
    I've downgraded to .246. List of what made me go back:

1. Sometimes, messages would not be sent on first try and needed to be resent. Never happened woth .246. That was the deal breaker for me.
    2. Touch screen very unresponsive in the browser. After trying to activate a link many times, I often ended using the track pad.
    3. Notification not working at all.
    4. While moving messages to folders, .284 would not remember where previous messages where moved to (.246 did).
    5. While scrolling the message folders list, the scrolling was really jerky.
    6. Some web site (like here) would not go into 'mobile' mode from time to time.
    10-26-10 08:57 PM
    Agreed...selecting links is more difficult. On the plus side when using the space bar to go down a page, it goes down exactly one page. With .246 I would have to scroll up a line or two after hitting the space bar.
    10-26-10 10:17 PM

Ya I had this problem too. the bluetooth was giving me issues on the official Rogers........was hoping this'd help, but it actually made it worse.......went back to official
    10-26-10 11:23 PM
295 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD