Hey, everyone. I was wondering if you could help me. I want to switch my Home Screen icons. They have icons(pictures) and text beneath the icons. Ex- Contacts will show a picture of the address book and the title "Contacts" beneath it. Can I switch it to icons only? I hate seeing the written text. So messy. Thanks.
    10-23-10 06:05 PM
    Happy happy! I decided to try one last thing and found the problem. It was the new version of six tools that I installed right after the os upgrade ! All is good now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 06:17 PM
    Hey, everyone. I was wondering if you could help me. I want to switch my Home Screen icons. They have icons(pictures) and text beneath the icons. Ex- Contacts will show a picture of the address book and the title "Contacts" beneath it. Can I switch it to icons only? I hate seeing the written text. So messy. Thanks.
    I don't think that's possible... A theme should do the trick though.
    10-23-10 06:17 PM
    I don't think that's possible... A theme should do the trick though.
    Is there a free Blackberry 6 theme that just has the icons?
    10-23-10 06:23 PM
    You should head over to the Blackberry Theme Forum and check out what they have for the 9800

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/

10-23-10 06:26 PM
    Is there a free Blackberry 6 theme that just has the icons?
    I tried to install a Crackberry BB6 theme and the icons still had text underneath them!!! So annoying.
    10-23-10 06:30 PM
    Ya..you can preview them thru photos before you download. I'm sure there must be some iphone-like themes that only have icons..or worst case scenario people will custom build a theme for you if you put in a request.

10-23-10 06:32 PM
    wow interesting that I was mired with app error 603 with all previous versions except 141 and 161 and this version has been FLAWLESS for me..

no sms bug, no notification bug, no calendar bug, nothing.

and yes the browser is very snappy... best version by far
    10-23-10 06:42 PM
    You should head over to the Blackberry Theme Forum and check out what they have for the 9800

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/

Thanks for posting this. It seems to be the trend that all themes have the text with the icons.
    10-23-10 06:49 PM
    On .246 I noticed that when I have my "all" list expanded and i scroll through it, the wallpaper behind it becomes distorted and "line-y" if you know what I mean. That problem is fixed in.284 for me.
    10-23-10 07:14 PM
    This OS has been way better for battery life for me.

And browsing is faster and smoother too.

10-24-10 12:21 AM
    This is the best update thus far. I just did a side by side with my iphone 4 and my torch, the clarity of the text and page rendering is almost on par with the iphone. Pinch and zoom has improved and page scrolling is faster than my iphone 4. I can't believe nobody has been commenting about the crisp display.
    Last edited by billyblonco; 10-24-10 at 11:43 AM.
    10-24-10 11:40 AM
    i had to downgrade back to .246.

if i viewed Facebook through the social feeds, i had to hit back twice to get out of it.

also, when i launched ESPN from my home screen, it would always launch 2 browser windows.

most importantly, it wouldn't remember my typing settings after a reboot. i would have to manually change the keyboard to DIRECT from Predictive each time.
    10-24-10 11:58 AM
    After nearly 48 hours of use I can say that the battery life appears to be noticeably better.

Browser is better, as many have mentioned.

SMS bug not being fixed is annoying...one of these days they'll get to it I hope...

The notification screen bug is not important as I don't access messages through it (messages is bound to my convenience key).

Overall I'm very happy with this build.

I'd really like to hear what Crucial_Xtreme has to say about it though!
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-24-10 at 06:59 PM.
    10-24-10 12:08 PM
    I don't see any difference from .246. I wanted to see a difference, but I don't. If there is any difference for me, it's marginal. I don't know about battery life at this point. I upgraded with great anticipation. It may take up to 30 minutes to connect to your device? What century are we in? Anyway, I think this upgrade is not a big deal at all. Not on this Torch - maybe on yours.
    10-24-10 12:20 PM
    ...Overall I'm very happy with this leak...
    Leak? Its not a leak. Its official.

10-24-10 04:19 PM
    I upgraded from .225. The display is noticeably crisper and brighter- even the home page. Scrolling, as noted, much improved, similiar to iphone, as is pinch and zoom. Battery life is improved, everything seems more responsive. I'd say definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
    10-24-10 06:53 PM
    Leak? Its not a leak. Its official.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I guess. Edited my mistake.
    10-24-10 07:00 PM
    The notification screen bug is kinda annoying me now though. If I get a text or email I can't open it through there, it just jumps to my calendar! They should fix that, other than that the only other issue is my browser freezes here and there on certain pages and requires a battery pull to fix, camera sports mode issue is glitchy, but battery life and browser rendering and pinch to zoom have definately improved! Good update, running it on my Rogers Torch

10-24-10 07:05 PM
    not sure if im the only one but i have in my calender to share event with group twice, didnt notice that in .246

reinstalled and fixed that issue, but now my calender events show up below my messages, when i first installed .284, i didnt have that calender issue that some of you guys were talking about but now that my messages are above calender events, i have that issue
    Last edited by klobbersarus; 10-25-10 at 03:17 AM.
    10-25-10 02:45 AM
    Does this update work for Torches under Rogers too?
    10-25-10 04:51 AM
    yes any torch
    any carrier
    10-25-10 05:38 AM
    Yes, just follow the (great) instructions you can find in any of these forums on how to upgrade your OS- specifically, you need to delete the vendor.xml file on your PC (found by going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader....delete the file called Vendor.xml ) this little move will allow you to upload it onto your phone (as I did.)
    10-25-10 05:40 AM
    This release came out on the day I bought my Torch, lol. My phone came with .246 on it, so I debated even bothering to do the upgrade, as in my opinion (and coming from a Bold 9000), the Torch was already pretty damn fast and bug-free....definately notice a difference with the new version, though! Didn't notice much difference in browser, but scrolling through apps in the trays is definately faster!
    10-25-10 05:42 AM
    One difference I have noticed in the calendar is if you have more than 1 all day event on the day view, it shows them both, one under the other, rather than rotating through them. I actually preferred the previous version and it would be good to have the option as to which you preferred.
    10-25-10 06:37 AM
295 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD