nevermind that... half asleep and didn't see it in your post.
    It probably wasn't their the first time you responded.
    10-22-10 10:25 PM
    Just tried it, looks bit more smoother but no AJK support
    back to rogers 246
    10-22-10 10:25 PM
    Just tried it, looks bit more smoother but no AJK support
    back to rogers 246
    what is AJK?
    10-22-10 10:31 PM
    I tried this a while back, and had quite a few issues. Tapping messages in the notification field always took me to calendar entries and not the message I tapped, and problems hitting links in the browser at times. Curious to know if it was just me, or if these are common issues. It is clearly more optimized than .246, but these issues made me downgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine had the exact problem. hitting messages will take me to some random calendar entries.
    10-22-10 10:43 PM
    can we shrink-a-OS this? want to take out some languages, doc2go, etc.
    Last edited by 1014; 10-22-10 at 10:52 PM.
    10-22-10 10:49 PM
    cant we shrink-a-OS this? want to take out some languages, doc2go, etc.
    I did.. only one small problem with the calendar views... used Shrink on 246 too. If you do languages and a few others should be ok..
    Last edited by joe.kent; 10-22-10 at 10:53 PM.
    10-22-10 10:50 PM
    Shrink-A-OS has worked fine for me on every OS so far.
    10-22-10 11:02 PM
    on .264 I wasn't able to connect to BIS thru wifi on my WPA router. After this update, I'm now able to connect and have BIS...

Might help those who are having wifi problems.
    10-23-10 12:14 AM
    A couple things I've noticed so far...

The browser is MUCH faster, particularly when switching between tabs and especially when going "back" to a previous page. WOW, MUCH faster.

The lag I had in BBM is now gone. With the previous release, there was about a full second delay from the time I clicked a contacts name that the chat window appeared.

A non-functional AT&T mywireless application is available for download, which is nice because it's good to know that a functional one is around the corner.

Also, a functional scanning application "AT&T Code Scanner" was available for download.

It appears that the horizontal swipes between tabs on the home screen is more fluid...not quite iPhone-ish, yet...but getting there.

No comment on the SMS bug or Messages bug in the Notifications Tab...I do not use SMS OR the notifications tab.

One thing that is bothering me, which is pretty minimal, is that my QuickLaunch icon has ballooned after installing this update. It, and another icon I have from Iconify, is at the max size possible. I'll deal.
    10-23-10 01:24 AM
    I`m getting the Facebook notification at the top of the screen that doesn`t want to go away..tried uninstalling which got rid of it .I reinstalled and it came back again .Several battery pulls ,no luck getting rid of it..
    10-23-10 03:16 AM
    New to updating the OS this way, just have a curious question.

Is this release the actual final one? (Ofc carriers will release their own with their own stuff added etc).
    I just ask as it is from the French RIM site, why is not from all sites or in fact through updates on DM.

I apologise if these are obvious dumb questions as on my old BB's I did my updates through the updates available through DM.
    May have taken longer for them to be released, just felt more official I guess.

Thanks.
    10-23-10 03:31 AM
    what is AJK?
    Asian Japanese Korean
    10-23-10 04:04 AM
    It works better than the .246 for sure, except some bugs (SMS for instance) but RIM is on the right way !
    10-23-10 04:14 AM
    I`m getting the Facebook notification at the top of the screen that doesn`t want to go away..tried uninstalling which got rid of it .I reinstalled and it came back again .Several battery pulls ,no luck getting rid of it..
    Probably because you have a unread notification. BB Facebook always creates a new notification ("The Next Step") on a new install. You just have to click it once to mark as read and clear the notification.
    10-23-10 04:19 AM
    Updating mine now,k in the hope that it fixes the UMA settings.

Also, when I'm using UMA, calls stop working and I have to disable it.
    10-23-10 04:49 AM
    No issue of tapping of Inbox and opens the calender.
    I am running since 4hrs now. seems screen more responsive, lagness is almost nil, scrolling is very fast. Battery I have to wait for some more time????
    Over all, worth updating from .246.
    10-23-10 05:00 AM
    installed and done battery pulls
    seems to be ok

scrolling is better
    tray transition is better
    web browser is better
    no lag
    battery seems to be the same at .246

however: the notifications page is a little unresponsive
    i can only select the calender tab using the trackpad...if i use the touch screen it goes to the first occurrence and comes up with 'view occurrence' 'view series' etc.
    10-23-10 06:34 AM
    Ok here's a question, why use shrink an OS to get rid of the extra languages? If u don't check them on the install they don't install do they? Just curious.

On another note, Been using this for a few hours now, battery life seems to be the same as .246, Web browsing is faster, touch screen is more responsive, radio seems to be stronger, and overall it just seems to be faster somehow. Haven't had the text message bug since i installed .246 and still don't have it. Overall a great upgrade, RIM is definatly moving in the right direction to fix some of the issues were posting about.
    10-23-10 07:08 AM
    Odd thing with my text messages - now newer messages are at the top, whereas before this leak they went to the bottom.
    10-23-10 07:22 AM
    Subscribed

10-23-10 07:59 AM
    I noticed the new ATT Apps also..

Browsing is FAST!!

No SMS bug that I've noticed..

Happy with this build..
    10-23-10 08:09 AM
    Before anyone asks - though they will certainly ask again and miss this, here are install instructions:
    Thank you very much Jeffreii, I couldn't get it to work on DM. You made my day...
    10-23-10 08:31 AM
    Swiping between panels using the trackpad almost never worked properly on .246. Now it works flawlessly.

And for Homer1475: shrink-a-os allows you to remove more things than through the standard apploader. You just have to be more careful. PS: removing Default Fonts is not a good idea.

10-23-10 09:11 AM
    I just rolled back to 246. My browser kept dieing while posting here at CB. Other than that nothing huge to speak of other than the ESPN thing...

10-23-10 09:15 AM
    Before anyone asks - though they will certainly ask again and miss this, here are install instructions:
    That worked great. Wonder why the new DM 6 don't let you do it....I liked DM 5 a lot better. Maybe I just have to get used to the new one. Thanks again Jeff
    10-23-10 09:17 AM
295 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD