Isn't it there but just hidden now? Like if I tap the very top of the browser margin it drops down (if you follow what i'm getting at). Or is this not what you're thinking of?

Either way I think it's nicer personally..more viewing real estate of the web page itself.
    You're absolutely right. I actually like that a lot! Thanks.
    10-22-10 05:58 PM
    Mine says there's no uploads for mine . That I'm running the latest version. I downloaded 284 and ran it so it should be on the computer. Why can't Blackberry desktop see the new one?
    10-22-10 06:10 PM
    Need to delete the vendor.xml
    10-22-10 06:12 PM
    got it running now, not noticed anything else different to be fair. When i get my next message i'll check that homescreen thing, but honestly if i have a message its hold BB key - tap messages for me like, or if it was in my leather pouch, bam it just opens to the message
    10-22-10 06:16 PM
    Could someone please comment on the SMS message bug whereby it doesn't remove itself from the notification bar?

That and the battery life too, once there is time to tell...
    10-22-10 06:23 PM
    the SMS bug is right, emails too I think. Can't select them from that screen, can only select the messages header
    10-22-10 06:47 PM
    Title bar on UI pages is thicker

Thats all I have seen so far!

Doesn't handle google images in the browser any better.

Screen seems more vivid for some reason (at same brightness)

touch is more responsive and you can really fling the scroll fast now
    Last edited by cwoodffr; 10-22-10 at 07:56 PM.
    10-22-10 07:41 PM
    Nice update, scrolling is faster, screen looks crisp when on full zoom, more memory 3-4 mb.
    10-22-10 08:07 PM
    Web pages load faster, I like how it hides the address bar now too. Very snappy so far. Have the htc theme so I don't have a notification bar so I don't notice that bug. Havnt Had the sms bug since .246 and I still don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 08:42 PM
    I like my calendar to display the month when selected... Now it won't save the changes when I change it from day to month.
    10-22-10 08:50 PM
    I like my calendar to display the month when selected... Now it won't save the changes when I change it from day to month.
    Well if you had that option selected and saved before the upgrade it shouldn't have changed..that's how mines always been set and nothing changed with this upgrade..still opens to month view.

10-22-10 08:53 PM
    Well if you had that option selected and saved before the upgrade it shouldn't have changed..that's how mines always been set and nothing changed with this upgrade..still opens to month view.

That's how it was on .246, but that little bug won't make me go back... not yet...
    10-22-10 08:59 PM
    I have no issues switching between calendar views, saving and reopening...

Might be a migration issue rather than a .284 issue.
    10-22-10 09:00 PM
    I have no issues switching between calendar views, saving and reopening...

Might be a migration issue rather than a .284 issue.
    Papped... can you elaborate?
    I wiped with BBSAK and when I restored from backup, I only restored Contacts, calendar and password keeper, and WLAN settings.
    10-22-10 09:01 PM
    First impression is that the browser is smokin! Looks like faster loads and scrolling, zooming are much smoother.

10-22-10 09:17 PM
    First impression is that the browser is smokin! Looks like faster loads and scrolling, zooming are much smoother.

that's what I'm noticing rite now,see how a full day goes tomorrow
    10-22-10 09:33 PM
    What am I doing wrong this time?
    10-22-10 09:35 PM
    I just installed .284 and noticed two new AT&T download options... AT&T Codescanner and myWireless...
    10-22-10 09:38 PM
    What am I doing wrong this time?
    Did you delete the old OS from the computer first?
    10-22-10 09:42 PM
    I seem to have gained about 3-4MB - who really cares though (up from 318 to 321).

SMS bug not being fixed is beginning to be frustrating...you'd think by now they'd have fixed such an obvious bug that has been around since .141 or possibly earlier.

The new bug with the notification screen doesn't really bother me since I only use that for calendar entries anyways.
    Just curious, whats the sms bug all about? is it the fact that it sends multiple texts to the same person?
    10-22-10 09:48 PM
    OK, had a couple issues with my laptop - apparently there are power settings for USB ports that need to be able to be powered off during install (who knew? ) I've gotten so many Microsoft error messages over the years that don't offer any help that I now automatically tune them out. Turns out this one was actually helpful. Sorry to anyone that wasted their time reading through my earlier post.

Anyway, I'm back on track and install looks to be going fine through apploader. I wasn't able to install through DM, and I'm a little curious why it wouldn't work. Only error message I received was:

The application "Wireless Music Sync" cannot be loaded because
    some required files are not available.

Install then shuts down.

WTF does music sync have to do with installing an update? I do often have trouble ejecting my BB and I think it's related to wireless music sync. Just curious.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 10-22-10 at 10:23 PM.
    10-22-10 09:54 PM
    I'm also having trouble installing. I've installed each leak and never had any trouble. Only change is this time I'm using my personal laptop, whereas before I used my company laptop.

Anyway, I followed the steps Jefreii layed out, as I did before. When I get to the third or fourth step in app loader (something like writing to ROM?) I see the BB logo on the device screen and the progress bar slowly moving. After a minute or two the screen goes dark, the red LED lights, then the progress bar appears a minute or so later. This repeats a few times, then an error message pops up:

---------------------------
    Error
    The Application Loader could not connect to your BlackBerry� device. Try the following actions:

1. Disconnect your device and wait 10 seconds

2. Turn off the Power Management settings on your computer from:

a. Control Panel > System

b. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

d. Right-click on USB Root Hub and select Properties

e. Go to the Power Management tab

f. Select "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and click OK

3. Connect your device directly to a USB port on your computer. Do not use an intermediary device, including:

a. USB hub

b. USB extension cable

c. Laptop docking station

d. USB port in front of the computer

4. Click Retry
    Retry Cancel

Tried this several times with same result. I then tried to install directly from DM, but got a different error message:

The application "Wireless Music Sync" cannot be loaded because
    some required files are not available.

I don't have my work laptop with me, so I'm stuck for now. Any ideas?
    Did you try installing with the app loader?
    10-22-10 09:59 PM
    Just curious, whats the sms bug all about? is it the fact that it sends multiple texts to the same person?
    No..apparently when you open an ongoing text conversation it will open in the middle of the convo..rather than the end. Although I've never had this issue..which is odd seeing as how so many others have.

10-22-10 10:01 PM
    Did you try installing with the app loader?
    nevermind that... half asleep and didn't see it in your post.
    10-22-10 10:13 PM
    Just got 284 installed an hour ago from 246. Only issue after load is fixmo tools froze phone during the initalization boot. Battery pull fixed it. 246 was great imo; but there is a little faster response in this version as far as screen movement (menus). Speaker phone good, but still the same. Graphic zooming appears smoother. No difference in scrolling around in web pages. Restore of all extra programs after software load ok. No SMS issues - yet
    10-22-10 10:22 PM
295 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD