Software For BlackBerry� Torch� 9800 smartphone
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.278 (English)

Package Version: 6.0.0.278
    Consisting of:

Applications: 6.0.0.141
    Software Platform: 6.4.0.64
    File name: 9800E_PBr6.0.0_rel278_PL6.4.0.64_A6.0.0.141_AT_amp _T.exe
    File size: 122.27MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Instructions for installing on the 9800:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.
    08-15-10 11:21 AM
    LOL I saw this and scrambled to my phone! I was going to be in shock if ATT already shot out an update. I am hoping that this phone will branch out to other companies. As soon as that happens the updates will start rolling out like candy

Well it will roll out faster than what ATT pushes out officially....
    08-15-10 11:27 AM
    What does the new update do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 11:34 AM
    What does the new update do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is no new update. This is simply a link to the current Official AT&T software for the 9800.

Sorry Cheeta... We just needed it up as all the other sub-forums have them as well. ))
    08-15-10 11:52 AM
    Its okay Crucial, i'll be stopping by everyday to keep an eye out for an update. I am a BB newb, how fast will blackberry/ATT push out an update for this brand spanking new OS?
    08-15-10 01:01 PM
    This is no new update. This is simply a link to the current Official AT&T software for the 9800.

Sorry Cheeta... We just needed it up as all the other sub-forums have them as well. ))
    Ah CX, thanks for the thread...

Can you sneak the East Asian pakc out for me?

08-15-10 01:18 PM
    Its okay Crucial, i'll be stopping by everyday to keep an eye out for an update. I am a BB newb, how fast will blackberry/ATT push out an update for this brand spanking new OS?
    I wouldn't expect one real soon. Maybe a couple of months. See below

Ah CX, thanks for the thread...

Can you sneak the East Asian pakc out for me?

It will be launching in Europe soon, so I'm sure we'll see a EA package which will surely be a newer version than the current 141
    08-15-10 01:37 PM

It will be launching in Europe soon, so I'm sure we'll see a EA package which will surely be a newer version than the current 141
    cx... cx...we always love the info we get from u...but how soon is soon?? i know u for almost one year now so i understand if u can't really tell us....but just give a little tip in in which dimensions we are talking about "soon"

....btw...i know its also a carrier thing, not RIM....

and calm down...Formula1 will be back soon to pleasure ur sunday
    08-15-10 01:59 PM
    cx... cx...we always love the info we get from u...but how soon is soon?? i know u for almost one year now so i understand if u can't really tell us....but just give a little tip in in which dimensions we are talking about "soon"

....btw...i know its also a carrier thing, not RIM....

and calm down...Formula1 will be back soon to pleasure ur sunday
    The 9800 should launch within a month in the EU. From my understanding there is no exclusive over there so it looks like it's going to be multiple carriers. ))

And thanks, I need my F1.. Go FERRARI
    08-15-10 03:06 PM
    The 9800 should launch within a month in the EU. From my understanding there is no exclusive over there so it looks like it's going to be multiple carriers. ))

And thanks, I need my F1.. Go FERRARI
    great...thx as ever cx just hope im wrong as i guess UK will be first and germany falls back behind ...we will see....but within a month definitivelly sounds much better than novembre

hehe wondering if Schumi will "really" come back next season...he wants to show Ferrari whos the winner just like Favre did with Green Bay....<<< but no topic for this forum.... sorry guys....
    08-15-10 03:42 PM
    great...thx as ever cx just hope im wrong as i guess UK will be first and germany falls back behind ...we will see....but within a month definitivelly sounds much better than novembre

hehe wondering if Schumi will "really" come back next season...he wants to show Ferrari whos the winner just like Favre did with Green Bay....<<< but no topic for this forum.... sorry guys....
    V.UK will more than likely release before VDE, but it's going to be close. Again there is not the same type exclusivity as here in the states.
    I think you'll like the 9800 my friend. ))

Schu either needs to get it together or move one. I think Mercedes has the ability and the resources it's just a matter of putting it all together. However, with the KERs for next season, it's definitely going to make things interesting. <<<- ok enough OT. Enjoy the 9800 when you get it bro.
    08-15-10 04:51 PM
    I too ran to my phone when I saw this!I hope your wrong about it taking a few months for a update because if this "tinny" problem isnt resolved within 30 days Im bringing it back
    08-15-10 05:54 PM

Wow! Thanks CX!

Will the bugs of echo sounds and other random ones be addressed in the new OS?

Actually.... is RIM even aware of such issues...???

Thanks!
    08-15-10 07:50 PM
    Can anyone explain how to install this? I don't want to ruin my phone.
    08-16-10 06:10 PM
    not sure why but I cannot get this one installed? It gets to the point it is trying to upload RAM image then phone turns off and will not back on until I unplug.
    08-16-10 08:18 PM

i had the best time of my life in your city i was 18 and stationed in Mainz..Finthen army airfield...aaagh memories...lol
    loved your city !
    oops off Topic sorry lol
    08-18-10 09:23 AM
    Thanks,

will keep as a backup, may come in handy
    08-20-10 02:36 AM
    I installed this update to the letter of the directions of the OP but when it finished all my buttons on the phone will not work!

Any suggestions?
    08-20-10 06:18 PM
    I installed this update to the letter of the directions of the OP but when it finished all my buttons on the phone will not work!

Any suggestions?
    Try a battery pull (if you already haven't). If not, then try to restore your device back to original settings, then reinstall .161. Mine installed just fine.
    08-23-10 12:25 PM
    Anyone having any issues after this upgrade? Does it fix the hiss/echo issue? What else does it fix? Oh, might as well ask this due to history, what does this fix break?

Thanks!
    08-26-10 01:23 PM
    Does anybody know how to upgrade their Torch on a Mac?
    08-27-10 09:44 AM
    Anyone having any issues after this upgrade? Does it fix the hiss/echo issue? What else does it fix? Oh, might as well ask this due to history, what does this fix break?

Thanks!
    Yep the echo or tinny sound is gone.

More details on this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v6-0-0-161-9800-leaked-514845/
    08-27-10 12:13 PM
    Yep the echo or tinny sound is gone.

More details on this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v6-0-0-161-9800-leaked-514845/
    Thanks!

I have two questions. First, why is the 161 OS update thread not in this Torch 9800 section? Other OS update posts are made Sticky and put in the correct section. Not sure why we still have a 141 Sticky here, when that isn't the latest OS.
    Second, being this leaked OS is a true ATT release, does anyone know when RIM will release it as an offical update?
    08-28-10 10:24 AM
    hmmm should I or shouldn I lol
    08-28-10 02:57 PM
    Thanks!

I have two questions. First, why is the 161 OS update thread not in this Torch 9800 section? Other OS update posts are made Sticky and put in the correct section. Not sure why we still have a 141 Sticky here, when that isn't the latest OS.
    Second, being this leaked OS is a true ATT release, does anyone know when RIM will release it as an offical update?
    It is NOT in this section because it is a beta/unreleased software version. Hence why it's in the BETA OS section... And this thread is here because, as titled, it's the latest OFFICIAL version...
    08-29-10 08:33 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD