Anyone else having the issue of it not installing through DM because the wifi sync files are missing? I can get it to install, but I LOVE the wifi sync feature......
    11-14-10 08:34 PM
    I have instruct here on how to install. Piece of cake. But having mix up on order to which restore data or apps first. Instead restore data first and apps later, this was mistake so start over few times restore but this time apps (bbsask) restore and then data (DM) retore. It went fine after couple reboot. Seem scroll in browser little snapper. Other than this didn't see difference. Thanks all for doing make this site super and
    helpful. I will see how couple days will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by RotaxPower; 11-14-10 at 09:02 PM.
    11-14-10 08:57 PM
    Just tried installing the latest version via DM, and now my Torch is stuck on "Error 507 Reload Software". DM says it's working, but it's been more than half an hour. How can I end it? Or is it supposed to say that?

Thanks.
    11-14-10 09:34 PM
    Use loader to install OS and use bbsask to restore apps and use DM to restore data and setting.

11-14-10 10:53 PM
    Along with still having the trackpad issue where sometimes it takes more than one press...which happens less now than it did on .284...a few times now I have had an issue where my trackpad has not worked at all until I turn the screen off and then back on. I never had a problem like this before and hope it's OS related...
    11-15-10 08:42 AM
    running fine here! (Telus)

loader could not restore 1 database from quickpull? but no actual issues
    11-15-10 01:55 PM
    Sitting on the fence on this one. Still running .246. Skipped .284 because of all the problems. This one still seems like another baby step unless I'm missing something.
    11-15-10 04:39 PM
    Yes, it's worth it. 337 is a very solid build so far.

Navigate to:
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    or
    if you don't see Program Files(x86):
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Delete the Vendor file there.

And in that same folder is another item called Loader. You double-click this to install the OS on your device. (Don't use Desktop Manager.)
    Thank you so much! Works like a charm, love the crackberry forums and how helpful everyone here is (:
    11-15-10 06:17 PM
    Thank you so much! Works like a charm, love the crackberry forums and how helpful everyone here is (:
    Great to hear, and you're very welcome!
    11-15-10 06:40 PM
    loader could not restore 1 database from quickpull? but no actual issues
    I don't use QuickPull anymore personally, but that "failed" database restore with QP is completely normal. It means nothing.
    11-15-10 06:43 PM
    Just tried installing the latest version via DM, and now my Torch is stuck on "Error 507 Reload Software". DM says it's working, but it's been more than half an hour. How can I end it? Or is it supposed to say that?
    Did you manage to get your device going again?
    I know it can be a little nerve-wracking the first time an OS load goes sideways.
    11-15-10 06:45 PM
    Another Bug here

When you change the Style of the Visual keyboard to Multi-Tab , and you save it .

It goes back to Predictive by it self , WHICH IS SUCK
    Did you mean Virtual Keyboard? (Or Physical Keyboard?)

The Virtual Keyboard has 3 Styles: Direct, Predictive, and Corrective.
    What is "Multi-Tab"?
    11-15-10 06:59 PM
    These .337 version little bug just 1 bug as I know. It is brower and when website font so small and try touch lighty tap to process enter website but it won't. With .246 version I can do that very small and still work but not this latest version. While I am doing lighty tap and do that without zoom. With this version has to zoom little bit. So I going to play number on trackpad and slide wipe sentive setting. Keep this version for now and hopefully fix bug.

11-16-10 09:52 AM
    I like to "favorite" my text messages and messages. But every time I do a battery pull, the icons are no longer in my favorites folder. I've been having this problem since the first OS.

Anyone else?
    11-17-10 12:00 AM
    I like to "favorite" my text messages and messages. But every time I do a battery pull, the icons are no longer in my favorites folder. I've been having this problem since the first OS.

Anyone else?
    11-17-10 12:00 AM
    I think we all need to write to RIM about all these problems after spending $600+ bucks on this phone with a terrible battery life. Can anyone send me a link to the software upgrade? My screen is freezing up terribly after only 3weeks. Thanks very much.
    11-17-10 09:33 AM
    I think we all need to write to RIM about all these problems after spending $600+ bucks on this phone with a terrible battery life. Can anyone send me a link to the software upgrade? My screen is freezing up terribly after only 3weeks. Thanks very much.
    I don't have many problems at all - sorry you do.

Check my signature for all the links you need.
    11-17-10 10:04 AM
    Going from 6.0.0.246 to X.x.337 on friday. Should I use BBsak and wipe the OS and then install the .337?
    I just want to be sure all works good and no bugs appear. (of course will do some battery pulls with .337.)
    thanks!
    11-17-10 11:30 AM
    Going from 6.0.0.246 to X.x.337 on friday. Should I use BBsak and wipe the OS and then install the .337?
    I just want to be sure all works good and no bugs appear. (of course will do some battery pulls with .337.)
    thanks!
    There's no need to manually wipe before doing the install. Apploader will automatically wipe it for you and then restore your backup file and 3rd party apps. If you do it yourself, you'll have to do the restore yourself.
    11-17-10 11:49 AM
    Along with still having the trackpad issue where sometimes it takes more than one press...which happens less now than it did on .284...a few times now I have had an issue where my trackpad has not worked at all until I turn the screen off and then back on. I never had a problem like this before and hope it's OS related...
    :O

I experienced a similar issue with my trackpad, it required more pressure to move the cursor around, doesn't seem as responsive and sensitive as the trackpad on my ex-8520. After upgrading to the lastest build I took it back to my phone company in exchange for another 9800.

Now I'm in the process of upgrading the firmware again..
    Hope the problem doesnt repeat itself !!
    11-17-10 02:27 PM
    Sitting on the fence on this one. Still running .246. Skipped .284 because of all the problems. This one still seems like another baby step unless I'm missing something.
    I recommend this build, I came from .246 and I'm happy I did...I was on the leaked version before it became official...I say go for it buddy.
    11-17-10 04:06 PM
    Anyone else having the issue of it not installing through DM because the wifi sync files are missing? I can get it to install, but I LOVE the wifi sync feature......
    I didn't have any issue with installing media sync...try uninstalling it and re-installing it again...sry to hear ur having this issue, good luck
    11-17-10 04:09 PM
    Another Bug here

When you change the Style of the Visual keyboard to Multi-Tab , and you save it .

It goes back to Predictive by it self , WHICH IS SUCK
    If you go into Options > Typing and Input > you will then have the options of what you would like to have set for your virtual keyboard.

Hope this helps...Good Luck
    Maseroche likes this.
    11-17-10 04:15 PM
    So I bought my phone on the first. Awesome thing, loved it.

Recently updated to .337. Happy as can be. And then... This morning, I realized something was missing.

The B, T, and U shortcut keys (and possibly others) no longer function while in an Open Message Dialog. I used to utilize the B to skip to the bottom of a thread after backscrolling to find an old text message exchange in the dialog, and now it no longer works...

Was the feature removed with .337? Did it get disabled in the OS update, and I simply have to reenable it somewhere? Is anyone else having this issue...?
    That's not something you have control over to enable or disable...it seems to work fine on my end
    11-17-10 04:25 PM
    That's not something you have control over to enable or disable...it seems to work fine on my end
    I just checked, and actually that isn't working me either, much to my surprise. No big deal as I don't text that much.

The other poster was originally referring to opening an SMS conversation. Within a threaded SMS chat, the T, B, and even R (for Reply) shortcuts do not work anymore apparently. (Not sure what U did...)
    11-17-10 04:42 PM
380 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD