08-02-12 02:00 AM
    So based on this thread I'm not really seeing any new features being added. Just the usual "it's much snappier then before!" comments you see with every update

Anyone think that OS7 is going to see any more major updates like we got with 7.1?
    08-02-12 01:51 PM
    @Joltcola1234

Don't expect any new feature on OS7.1 until BB10 releasing on 2013...
    08-02-12 02:06 PM
    I'm thinking of upgrading but does anyone know how if i need Chinese input (write in Chinese not just read)
    08-03-12 10:40 AM
    This is probably the best build yet. The radio seems improved for me as I now get signal in places I never used to. Memory drain seems minimal and battery drain seems to be the best that it has ever been. I would definitely recommend this build.
    08-03-12 12:34 PM
    40 min left to download .....
    08-03-12 03:46 PM
    This is probably the best build yet. The radio seems improved for me as I now get signal in places I never used to. Memory drain seems minimal and battery drain seems to be the best that it has ever been. I would definitely recommend this build.
    That's the reason why I won't update my device until the next OS will have 100+ very good reviews!

Other evidence about the goodness of this firmware: i'm running a lot in this period and i'm using Endomondo FREE to track my paths. It locks the GPS signal in 10 seconds and, with Endomondo and music player working, i've drained only 8% of battery in 45 mins!
    08-03-12 05:58 PM
    Just downloaded and installed the new update. Everything seems better and faster. I have only had the clock face right after restarting. I will give update after monitring a few days.
    08-03-12 10:08 PM
    everything seems to be good so far, phonebook seems to have duplicate content !! other then that seems to be very smooth.
    08-05-12 10:39 AM
    Does anyone know if the Momax battery's work with this build?
    Yes it works.
    08-05-12 10:41 AM
    I installed this a couple of days ago. Went without a hitch. My observations so far, on this latest build?

Smooth.. although that's usually the case for a fresh install. Snappy as well. The one gripe I had since 3 builds ago.. is no longer a gripe!! The damn spacebar that kept on sticking, no longer occurs! Finally it's fixed.

Not sure if this is an omen of things to come.. but after 4-5 battery pulls in the last 50 hours, my battery drain has not been as long as the previous build. In fact, my last charge doesn't look like it'll even last 16-18 hours!

So far, that's my only gripe. Crossing my fingers the battery drain issue works itself out.
    08-06-12 08:59 AM
    my gripes include the battery drain and as stated before and for about 4 builds now is, when using the native music player and headphones, the music after pausing still sounds choppy at best

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Crackberry forums app
    08-08-12 07:11 PM
    All,

Can someone post a link to a 7.1.342 build that works on an ATt Torch 9860? I tried installing the Telenor Norway build, but the screen would lock and not rotate when you rotate the phone. Not sure why there are so many problems. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    08-09-12 11:37 AM
    It's been at least 6 days since I, (ahem) upgraded, to this build. All I can say is that the battery drain is in' (forgive me - venting frustrations)!

Every night I've had to charge the phone because the battery charge would barely make it to 10pm. I'd turn my phone on at or around 6:30am every day. I've done numerous battery pulls, probably more than 10 times now.

Today, though, has been the worse. I've charged it overnight, and 100% charge when I turn the phone on at 6 this morning. At 4:30 this afternoon, all I had left was 10% charge! That's total bull!! This build just sucks big time!!!

Granted, my other gripe has been solved. The spacebar on the Suretype and qwerty keyboard no longer sticks. But it took the writers of these builds three(3) tries to get that right?? And now there's a battery issue when before there wasn't any???

Geez.. Louise?! Trying to decide whether to go back to the previous build and hope the sticking spacebar doesn't re-surface or do a complete wipe and re-install this build. It's like choosing between two evils here.
    08-10-12 04:17 AM
    Regarding my previous post, I guess the censors on this site didn't like my use of the effin' word here... tough. It was THE word that aptly describes my frustration!
    08-10-12 04:20 AM
    having trouble with this OS. it doesnt seem to allow me to find my 3G or 2G network - can find lots but not BT. going to downgrade and see if thats a device issue or firmware issue
    08-10-12 05:01 AM
    It's been at least 6 days since I, (ahem) upgraded, to this build. All I can say is that the battery drain is in' (forgive me - venting frustrations)!

Every night I've had to charge the phone because the battery charge would barely make it to 10pm. I'd turn my phone on at or around 6:30am every day. I've done numerous battery pulls, probably more than 10 times now.

Today, though, has been the worse. I've charged it overnight, and 100% charge when I turn the phone on at 6 this morning. At 4:30 this afternoon, all I had left was 10% charge! That's total bull!! This build just sucks big time!!!

Granted, my other gripe has been solved. The spacebar on the Suretype and qwerty keyboard no longer sticks. But it took the writers of these builds three(3) tries to get that right?? And now there's a battery issue when before there wasn't any???

Geez.. Louise?! Trying to decide whether to go back to the previous build and hope the sticking spacebar doesn't re-surface or do a complete wipe and re-install this build. It's like choosing between two evils here.
    I'm on this build and my battery performance has been stellar. Of course I don't use social feeds, or facebook, and have all my apps except the weather network set to manually refresh. I take my phone off my charger at 6:45am, and when I go to bed I have between 30% and 40% left. I also have battery saving mode turned on all the time.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    08-10-12 09:15 AM
    Downloaded and installed the new version, so far it is working fine except for the built-in Map. It takes few minutes to locate you. This is so frustrating.

I just have a quick question. Since finding my current location is taking a while, would it affect other location-based applications?
    08-15-12 10:03 PM

Is your location service on? Or your area has weak 3G signal? Maybe u wana try switching ur 3G to EDGE and test out for a day.
    Last edited by KalaiSelvan; 08-17-12 at 05:31 AM. Reason: typo
    08-17-12 05:31 AM
    I just came back from New York this past weekend and had the /voice issue...I could hear them but they couldn't hear me??!! as soon as I landed back in South Florida everythings fine...this was on my wife's 9860 as well??
    08-20-12 08:10 AM
    Recent SMS messages and call logs go missing after every battery pull. Battery life has improved though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    08-20-12 09:57 AM
    The Vendor.xml file says "T-Mobile", and it's acting out on my Claró BlackBerry!
    03-13-22 02:16 PM
    The Vendor.xml file says "T-Mobile", and it's acting out on my Claró BlackBerry!
    Define "acting out".....

You can remove the vendor file when installing the OS on your phone... more likly any issues your are having are a result of the BlackBerry shutdown, rather than a vendor file.
    03-14-22 07:20 AM
    It actually rebooted by itself without any reason for few times, but now it seems like it's working OK!
    03-18-22 06:03 PM
    Help, it's rebooting by itself unexpectedly!
    05-14-22 03:36 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD