Yes, but it is hidden. To reveal it, go into the phone options and type "??5*" (without quotations).
    I updated to .523 a couple of days ago and have this same question. I'm probably not doing this right.

This is how I understand your instructions; I go into Phone Options, I press the menu key and select "show keyboard" (full qwerty keyboard), then I enter "??5*" (press "?" and "?", then press numbers/special characters key, then press "5", then "*").

The "??5*" gets entered into search box at the top of the screen. The device monitor does not come up. All that comes up is a search result of eight items..

What am I doing wrong?
    06-30-12 07:02 AM
    I updated to the .523 version a couple of days ago. Here's my observations so far:

1. Updating went without a hitch, once I figured out I had to delete *again* the two vendor.xml files (the 2nd set showed up after I installed or unpacked the .523 update).
    2. Media player works fine. I play my mp3's thru my BT headset when I workout so no problems there.
    3. Battery life doesn't seem to have changed much from .267 to .523. Although it does feel like it's draining faster somewhat. I can't really know for sure because I can't seem to get the "??5*" to work on my phone.
    4. The sticking keyboard (specifically the space bar) still happens but not as often as before. That's my reason for not upgrading to the previous two updates because I read the "sticking keyboards" wasn't resolved in either release. I use the Suretype keyboard because I'm basically one-handed. I was hoping this release would fix the sticking keyboard problem.

The above are the only noticeable things that's come up for me. The UI has been smooth and other aspects of the phone operations have been fine. I probably will do a couple more battery pulls (I've done a total of 3 in the past 48hrs) if the battery discharge feels like it's more than it should be.

Basically, the phone is serviceable. I was looking forward to the new BB10 phones later this year but I guess I'll have to make due with this one until next year.
    06-30-12 07:34 AM
    The mic issue may be specific to the Bold. Would need someone on the Torch to confirm that its still a problem on AT&T. Otherwise a comment like "don't waste your time" doesn't really help anyone.
    I'm on AT&T and updated to this version and experienced the mic issues.
    Referred back to .342. I did love the features that it offered.
    06-30-12 09:07 AM
    As far as battery life goes in this one, I find it normal... Not bad but its not that good either, regadless, great OS, a lot snappier that .428
    06-30-12 10:30 AM
    Hi, to all who seems confused on how to get their device analyzer back. Just go to Options>Device>Advance System Settings and there you show your keyboard go to numpad and type "??5*" you will get a confirmation about the analyzer being enabled and press ok, voila! there you have your analyzer back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 05:49 PM
    I am definitely having better battery drain, so too are 2 other 9860 owners I know. Memory leak appears to have no noticeable improvements.
    06-30-12 09:02 PM
    Hi, to all who seems confused on how to get their device analyzer back. Just go to Options>Device>Advance System Settings and there you show your keyboard go to numpad and type "??5*" you will get a confirmation about the analyzer being enabled and press ok, voila! there you have your analyzer back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
    06-30-12 10:13 PM
    has anyone noticed the music store gone or its just me? any way to get it back other than app world? i would love to have my little bag icon back instead of the ugly one that comes with app world installation
    07-01-12 12:02 AM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
    The trick is to open keypad and go to NUMBERPAD view before entering the "?"

ie enter ??5* from the numberpad screen view
    07-01-12 07:01 AM
    Just downloaded and installed 532 on my PC. Fired up DM attached my BB9860 clicked update and was told there was no update for my BB. hhmmmm Went to the APPLOADER to manual load and repeat ....there is nothing to update. I'm baffled and yes I removed the vender. Suggestions are welcome.
    Download and run Vendelete+ and then run the update using DM
    07-02-12 06:48 AM
    I have found the battery draining faster. Also a low mobile network signal causes it to go spastic between 3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS->3G->SOS-> every second until I get to a better signal area.

Speed and response to apps is very good though.
    07-03-12 05:29 AM
    I don't normally have problems updating. However this time using apploader it isn't allowing me to update from 7.1.0.428. Anyone know why?

All that it gives me is to update my apps, which don't need updating so running apploader doesn't do anything.
    07-03-12 02:16 PM
    After you've loaded the OS to your PC, why don't you use the trusty method of running vendelete then install via BB Desktop????
    07-03-12 06:19 PM
    I don't normally have problems updating. However this time using apploader it isn't allowing me to update from 7.1.0.428. Anyone know why?

All that it gives me is to update my apps, which don't need updating so running apploader doesn't do anything.
    Look for the other vendor file, do a search in my computer of the vendor.xml

If its not the vendor, remember to uninstall any other OS u have on ur computer before updating
    tripodakos and deangamblin like this.
    07-03-12 07:51 PM
    Hi all,

I finally decide to install a 7.1 firmware from 7.0.0.540 as I needed the mobile hotspot feature which now works very well. Much more responsive and huge difference in battery life, plus love the application monitor and device analyzer BUT I am having a couple of weird problems that are driving me nuts, has anyone notice these?

- On places when you space bar turns into a dot like fields for email addresses or URL's the space bar does nothing, I can push it 30 times and the dot is not inserted, I can go around this by putting a ".com" (to the right of the bar) and delete the "com" if I need a .net for example...

- The email notifications are completely screwed, I have 4 exchange mailboxes and 1 blackberry email using BIS, when I have new emails on any of them the red asterisk shows on top and then I go in and out and the asterisk is not always removed sometimes it gets stuck and I have to start deleting new emails for it to go away, and the little envelope in the notification bar does not go away either even after clearing the asterisk from all mailboxes including the general one...

Should I downgrade? if so, which of the 7.1 is the best?

Thanks!
    07-03-12 11:43 PM
    Look for the other vendor file, do a search in my computer of the vendor.xml

If its not the vendor, remember to uninstall any other OS u have on ur computer before updating
    love u man i had tried everything but after the search i found a vedor.xml dnt really remember where i found it but i deleted it n now i installing the update!than you very much!
    07-04-12 05:15 AM
    love u man i had tried everything but after the search i found a vedor.xml dnt really remember where i found it but i deleted it n now i installing the update!than you very much!
    That's why running "Vendelete.exe" on your PC will sniff all instances of these xml's out.
    07-04-12 05:19 AM
    Hi all,

I finally decide to install a 7.1 firmware from 7.0.0.540 as I needed the mobile hotspot feature which now works very well. Much more responsive and huge difference in battery life, plus love the application monitor and device analyzer BUT I am having a couple of weird problems that are driving me nuts, has anyone notice these?

- On places when you space bar turns into a dot like fields for email addresses or URL's the space bar does nothing, I can push it 30 times and the dot is not inserted, I can go around this by putting a ".com" (to the right of the bar) and delete the "com" if I need a .net for example...

- The email notifications are completely screwed, I have 4 exchange mailboxes and 1 blackberry email using BIS, when I have new emails on any of them the red asterisk shows on top and then I go in and out and the asterisk is not always removed sometimes it gets stuck and I have to start deleting new emails for it to go away, and the little envelope in the notification bar does not go away either even after clearing the asterisk from all mailboxes including the general one...

Should I downgrade? if so, which of the 7.1 is the best?

Thanks!
    Lumute: I too get the spacebar problem, and use the same ".com" workaround.
    So far I haven't had any problems with my exchange mailboxes, so perhaps this is more specific to your setup rather than something generic in .540 ???
    07-04-12 05:21 AM
    I updated to the .523 version a couple of days ago. Here's my observations so far:

4. The sticking keyboard (specifically the space bar) still happens but not as often as before. That's my reason for not upgrading to the previous two updates because I read the "sticking keyboards" wasn't resolved in either release. I use the Suretype keyboard because I'm basically one-handed. I was hoping this release would fix the sticking keyboard problem.
    After a full year, I finally had enough with the sticking keyboard issue, so I sent my phone back to RIM. They must have replaced the whole board inside because I had a different PIN, but they said the problem was "tested and proven fixed". From the day I got it back, it still had this issue, only worse. For a year and a half, I've waited for an update to fix this issue and this update has by FAR made the biggest improvement on the issue.
    07-04-12 10:02 AM
    Ah yes thank you. I didn't delete the 2nd vendor file.

It'll work fine now. Thank you!
    07-04-12 02:18 PM
    Installed the update and here's a 48 hour report:

1) Overall Feel: Device seems snappier. Thought the 423 update was good, but this is brilliant! App world loads up super quick too.

2) Battery: Seems much more controlled. After a full days use, still end up with enough to spare. Still need to charge it every night but that's because I'm a heavy user.

3) Emails: No difference there. Haven't faced the same problem as Lumute.

4) New Features: Working good. Not much comments there.

All in all, I vote that this update is the best released for 9860.
    07-07-12 10:32 AM
    i dont know what to say about this build becuase it the fist upgrade i did from 7.0

what i dont like is my battery doesnt last as long as everyone else, in 12hrs im down to 30% (thats with a little bit of browsing, checking facebook, tweeting and the regular broadcast that i get

also after 2 days or so, im down to 85-90mb or memory.... i only install bb facbook/twitter, whatsapp, google maps, google sync, advance os, instaphoto

the OS is a lot snappier that the one that came with the phone, but when the memory runs that low, i get that spinning clock thing while the phone processes what i requested from it

i also notice sometime when i silence the ringer when i get a call, i cant here the other person when i answer the call... make me have to call back the person (wasting my minutes when they're the one who made the initial call
    07-09-12 06:51 PM
    This has been an issue with every single 7.1 build. No idea why it hasn't been fixed but it is VERY annoying, seeing as how my email addresses are .net, not .com.
    07-09-12 06:58 PM
    The mic issue may be specific to the Bold. Would need someone on the Torch to confirm that its still a problem on AT&T. Otherwise a comment like "don't waste your time" doesn't really help anyone.
    Happening to me, Paramus NJ 7.1.0.523 -- Torch 9860.
    07-09-12 08:10 PM
    Do i need to have my SIM card in the phone to install a new upgrade?

Reason I ask is cause i had my back button serviced and still have my loaner phone working now. Like to upgrade my 9860 flawlessly before i transfer my SIM to the my phone.

Tried couple of times but with no luck.

THX
    07-10-12 11:30 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD