I just got my Torch, first thing I did was download and update to .448, everything seems fine. However, when I go into e-mail setup, it wants Enterprise information. How do I get my @att.blackberry.net back?
    02-22-11 03:19 PM
    I have the .337 installed and I just downloaded the Three UK .448. However after the normal procedure (installation, deleting vendor.xml and launching the apploader.exe) it says that the applications installed on the device are newer than the available ones?! I never had this before. Anything I can do about that?
    02-23-11 01:08 AM
    I had the weirdest updating experience today. I have had the 8700c, 8310, 9000 and 9700. I loaded betas all the time on the 9700 and was quite accustomed to the OS loading process. I just got my 9800 last night and first thing I did this morning was try to load .448. On the computer screen, it made it all the way down to device initialization just before restore programs and it just sat there ... for over an hour. Meanwhile, the berry itself had already completed the update but never restored programs. I did that manually. I have never gone off to lunch and come back with a berry still updating. Now I'm afraid to try .450!
    02-23-11 09:09 PM
    I have the .337 installed and I just downloaded the Three UK .448. However after the normal procedure (installation, deleting vendor.xml and launching the apploader.exe) it says that the applications installed on the device are newer than the available ones?! I never had this before. Anything I can do about that?
    Use DM, it should detect it and update normally. That's what I did and it worked flawlessly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 11:55 PM
    Will try now...
    02-23-11 11:57 PM
    Nah... Still the same... No new Version found...
    02-24-11 12:38 AM
    Using this now, and it seems a lot snappier than .450
    450 has given me problems after a couple of weeks of using it.
    So will let you know if this also goes the same way.

Done the UMA hack and UMA was found immediately.. So looking good
    Happy at the mo.
    02-24-11 01:04 PM
    Is there a tutorial for Japanese input? When i type in my kana, i am used to IOS bringing up possible kanji, but haven't been able to do so on my torch.
    02-27-11 08:20 AM
    Also, are other devices able to receive the characters in sms?
    02-27-11 08:20 AM
    Your carrier may not have certified .448 yet. There are a few official versions from
    other carriers that you can load with no issues. One such official version is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/of...ree-uk-584864/
    You have posted and incorrect link. Your link for the 9800 goes to:

Package Version: 6.0.0.695
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.246
    Software Platform: 6.4.0.105
    File name: 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel695_PL6.4.0.105_A6.0.0.246_3_UK. exe
    File size: 161.7MB
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 02-27-11 at 04:50 PM.
    02-27-11 04:42 PM
    Oops. Did not scroll to the bottom of the page. Found it:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.1907 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.1907
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.448
    Software Platform: 6.4.0.210
    File name: 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel1907_PL6.4.0.210_A6.0.0.448_3_UK .exe
    File size: 169.92MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
    02-27-11 04:59 PM
    I can't believe you guys are still being fooled by Mike and Jim. OS 6 is a big improvement, but guess what, all those things including the webkit is not new nor original. BB trails behind in all these smart phones attributes and present them to you guys as new and innovative. Where is Adobe Flash 10? RIM hasn't implemented them on their cell phones yet...but ANDROID users is enjoying total browsing as we speak. HTC, MOTOROLA, and SAMSUNG running Android 2.1 and higher are way ahead. So wake up and ditch your BB until rim put that damn playbook down and turn their attention back on smart-phones and get updated. How dare them bring out the Torch in 2010 with a processor less than 1 gigabyte, no Adobe Flash and a Android rip off version of a webkit. Take action people!!! or...come on over to Android.
    02-27-11 11:03 PM
    I can't believe you guys are still being fooled by Mike and Jim. OS 6 is a big improvement, but guess what, all those things including the webkit is not new nor original. BB trails behind in all these smart phones attributes and present them to you guys as new and innovative. Where is Adobe Flash 10? RIM hasn't implemented them on their cell phones yet...but ANDROID users is enjoying total browsing as we speak. HTC, MOTOROLA, and SAMSUNG running Android 2.1 and higher are way ahead. So wake up and ditch your BB until rim put that damn playbook down and turn their attention back on smart-phones and get updated. How dare them bring out the Torch in 2010 with a processor less than 1 gigabyte, no Adobe Flash and a Android rip off version of a webkit. Take action people!!! or...come on over to Android.
    Um, excuse me, but are you lost? Nobody wants to hear your bull**** over here so take yourself and your very original username elsewhere.

02-28-11 12:02 AM
    I have 2 Android phones. An HTC Dream and a Google Nexus One. And guess what? I love my Torch the best.

Android is not all what it is cracked up to be. My Nexus One has a 1 Ghz processor and is slow and laggy. It often freezes. Battery life is pitiful.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 02-28-11 at 02:59 AM.
    02-28-11 02:52 AM
    Will this OS work for my AT&T Torch 9800 in USA? What is the most current OS that would work on mine? Thanks!
    02-28-11 06:38 PM
    Will this OS work for my AT&T Torch 9800 in USA? What is the most current OS that would work on mine? Thanks!
    Yes. Remove the Vendor XML file first though.
    03-01-11 03:06 AM
    I just upgraded from .248 a few days ago, very happy with this os. Only small problems is portrait view doesnt show up on the home screen and the browser messes some pages it usually didnt. But overall very happy.
    03-01-11 04:43 AM
    i can't believe you guys are still being fooled by mike and jim. Os 6 is a big improvement, but guess what, all those things including the webkit is not new nor original. Bb trails behind in all these smart phones attributes and present them to you guys as new and innovative. Where is adobe flash 10? Rim hasn't implemented them on their cell phones yet...but android users is enjoying total browsing as we speak. Htc, motorola, and samsung running android 2.1 and higher are way ahead. So wake up and ditch your bb until rim put that damn playbook down and turn their attention back on smart-phones and get updated. How dare them bring out the torch in 2010 with a processor less than 1 gigabyte, no adobe flash and a android rip off version of a webkit. Take action people!!! Or...come on over to android.
    get a life
    03-01-11 07:49 AM
    Upgraded today using the UK 3 because my carrier is AT&T which is still stuck with the .246.
    how did you get it to work? I have the same problem
    03-01-11 09:06 AM
    Installed yesterday. Everything is working great. Haven't played with it enough yet to notice any major differences although the desktop sliding seems a little smoother.
    03-01-11 12:28 PM
    You can check this post or I used the instructions from here and had no issues.
    03-01-11 02:41 PM
    I just upgraded from .248 a few days ago, very happy with this os. Only small problems is portrait view doesnt show up on the home screen and the browser messes some pages it usually didnt. But overall very happy.
    It seems to be a bit of a battery pig.
    03-01-11 11:49 PM
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!

3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."

If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.
    03-01-11 11:51 PM
    Think I need some assistance. I downloaded 448 and tried to install like always. It said it was installing but after battery pull it still shows that I have 450??

To review.
    1) I installed 450 over a month ago and the phone was working PERFECTLY. No lag, no freezing. Working well all around.
    2) Suddenly and for no reason at all the past few daysl the phone started regularly having a terrible delay (the black square with the little seond hand moving around while it is stuck). This happens handomly and for no reason sometime. It has happened 3 times while typing this post!!!
    3) NOTHING new has been installed so I have no idea why this would start happening out of the blue.
    4) I have a 16gb card in phone that is not even 1/2 full.

SO 2 questions.
    HOW do I downgrade the operating system
    And
    WHY do you think this new "lag" has started out of the blue?

Thank you to all for any help you can offer.

03-02-11 01:16 AM
    I have removed the Device Software program from my PC. How do I install it again? Also, I think I have lost the CD that comes with the device. Any help please?
    03-02-11 09:45 PM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD