I have removed the Device Software program from my PC. How do I install it again? Also, I think I have lost the CD that comes with the device. Any help please?
    If you are talking about Blackberry Desktop Software, download it from here. Depending on what system you are using, you can download either PC or Mac.
    03-02-11 09:49 PM
    Think I need some assistance. I downloaded 448 and tried to install like always. It said it was installing but after battery pull it still shows that I have 450??

To review.
    1) I installed 450 over a month ago and the phone was working PERFECTLY. No lag, no freezing. Working well all around.
    2) Suddenly and for no reason at all the past few daysl the phone started regularly having a terrible delay (the black square with the little seond hand moving around while it is stuck). This happens handomly and for no reason sometime. It has happened 3 times while typing this post!!!
    3) NOTHING new has been installed so I have no idea why this would start happening out of the blue.
    4) I have a 16gb card in phone that is not even 1/2 full.

SO 2 questions.
    HOW do I downgrade the operating system
    And
    WHY do you think this new "lag" has started out of the blue?

Thank you to all for any help you can offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And you have done the battery pull while the phone is on? Excuse me if this was a dumb question, but battery pulls do 'fix' a lot of issues.
    03-02-11 09:52 PM
    If you are talking about Blackberry Desktop Software, download it from here. Depending on what system you are using, you can download either PC or Mac.
    No, I have that already. This is for syncing my media and removing applications for my device. I'm talking about the BlackBerry Device Software, the program that upgrades my device's software version and I don't know where to get it. I have deleted it by mistake and now I'm stuck and I can't upgrade my Torch to .448.
    03-03-11 08:46 AM
    It seems to be a bit of a battery pig.
    My Bad. Battery life seems to be normal. I had 85% left after 8 hours. Last time I posted, my charger was unplugged over night. So, my Torch did not charge for 24 hours and seemed to be heavy on battery when I looked at the battery indicator later that morning.
    03-03-11 09:21 AM
    No, I have that already. This is for syncing my media and removing applications for my device. I'm talking about the BlackBerry Device Software, the program that upgrades my device's software version and I don't know where to get it. I have deleted it by mistake and now I'm stuck and I can't upgrade my Torch to .448.
    You can get 448 here from UK3
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FA661ED1244039
    03-04-11 03:11 AM
    OK, but which program do I have to use in order to upgrade my device software to 448?

03-04-11 02:06 PM
    OK, but which program do I have to use in order to upgrade my device software to 448?

Here's the instructions I used to upgrade to .448. Click the link and on the page that comes up, select the BB 9800. On the next page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the .448 upgrade. At the bottom of that page you will see the download button. Click that button and it will download the .448 upgrade to your PC. From there, follow the steps below and you will have the .448 downloaded to your 9800.

FYI, I did not follow step 5 as I was a little nervous and .448 downloaded to my 9800 with no problems.

There are other methods to download the .448 upgrade, but this is how I upgraded my 9800.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FA661ED1244039

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)
    then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
    03-04-11 03:06 PM
    It seems I cannot install the OS file to my PC because of the following error:

"Error reading setup initialization file"

Any idea what's the problem here?
    03-04-11 08:26 PM
    It seems I cannot install the OS file to my PC because of the following error:

"Error reading setup initialization file"

Any idea what's the problem here?
    I did a search and found a couple of posts relating to the error message you are getting.
    From Rogers: "If it's when you're starting to install the OS to your PC, redownload it..the file is corrupt.

If it's when your updating your device and Desktop manager is giving you the error, delete the vendor.xml (if you are not a rogers customer)..restart your PC and restart Desktop manager."

Read this post, paying attention to Crucial_Xtreme's statement since he is a Forums Moderator.
    It seems to be the fix from all the posts I searched through.
    I hope this works for you.
    03-05-11 03:39 AM
    Awesome! I had to re-download the file since it was corrupted somehow. I have just upgraded to .448 and everything seems to work just fine.

Thanks alot for your help, ghostryder12!
    03-05-11 09:57 AM
    Awesome! I had to re-download the file since it was corrupted somehow. I have just upgraded to .448 and everything seems to work just fine.

Thanks alot for your help, ghostryder12!
    Glad I could help. You will see that when you click on new messages, you will now be directed to the first unread rather than to the middle. The response time is a lot faster as well.
    03-05-11 01:13 PM
    How do you remove the vendor file??

03-07-11 11:03 PM
    How do you remove the vendor file??
    To remove the vendor.xml browse to:

On 32 bit computer: Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader

On a 64 bit computer: Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader

The vendor.xml file should be at the bottom. Afterwards (assuming you have already installed the OS onto your computer), you can just double-click the Loader.exe within the same folder to start the update process.

Hope that makes sense...

03-07-11 11:21 PM
    anyone experiencing LAGGY when you are in photo album??
    03-08-11 02:09 AM
    anyone experiencing LAGGY when you are in photo album??
    i'm

its tooo slow now when u try to browes the photo album.. before in 337 it was faster..
    really bad.. i want to go back to 337.
    can any one help in that!!!
    03-08-11 05:11 AM
    every time you load an OS to your phone, it needs to load a cache of all your files (Music, Photos, Videos) the first time. Be patient it will only happen once. If you go back to 337 (which sucks BTW) the same thing will happen
    03-08-11 02:26 PM
    i just reconnected to DM and i clicked update, it asked me if i wanna downgrade, so im back to my old one. simple just few clicks for me.
    03-08-11 02:33 PM
    every time you load an OS to your phone, it needs to load a cache of all your files (Music, Photos, Videos) the first time. Be patient it will only happen once. If you go back to 337 (which sucks BTW) the same thing will happen
    yeah for me it didnt happen only once, everytime i go photo album was laggy, and even after quickpull didnt fix. anything to do with photo it was laggy. even when i try to change profile pic on bbm.
    03-08-11 02:36 PM
    i just downgrade to 337 and im happy with it...
    03-09-11 09:21 AM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 337, I think my phone should stay away from 448. I'm currently back to 246 atleast its not laggy no more in photo album.

03-09-11 11:52 AM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 337, I think my phone should stay away from 448. I'm currently back to 246 atleast its not laggy no more in photo album.

I'm using .448 and extremely happy with it. I'm gonna have to take/download more pics to see if my torch gets laggy there.
    03-09-11 01:09 PM
    anyone know how to remove that black notification that slides in from the top when you get a new bbm message or something?

It slows down the phone and you can't reply back to messages until it disappears
    03-11-11 10:22 AM
    (Sorry if this is a repeat but don't recall seeing mention of it)

FYI, Rogers now has this release as their official:
    9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel1907_PL6.4.0.210_A6.0.0.448_Roge rs_Wireless_Inc.exe
    Published Mar 4, 2011.
    03-14-11 11:34 AM
    I enjoyed this os, I are in Vietnam, hoping RIM will integrate Vietnamese into ROM
    03-14-11 03:14 PM
    This may sound like a very noobish question, but im confused. When in the title it states "(EastAsain)" does that mean the primary language for the Blackberry will be converted to English?

Thanks in advance
    03-14-11 07:45 PM
133 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD