Hi folks...

do you ever notice slight lagging when you slide the home screen? especially if you compared it to Iphone 4.

I just bought Torch for few days, and my friend got Iphone 4.. the decision buying the torch is the push notification solely, I hate notification on Iphone 4..
    but considering the same price, I'd expected more from this device.. at least a smooth screen transition would justify the price..
    12-09-10 10:25 AM
    no my 9780 is perfect and fast!
    12-09-10 10:29 AM
    Most agree it's been designed that way for whatever reason. If you press on the right or left of the titles of the tabs (i.e. "uent All Favo" <-- pressing on uent or Favo") it moves to the next screen faster.

Honestly I never even use these tabs - I stay on All 99% of the time - and many use themes that remove the tabs.

If the price of the phone is not justified simply because of a half second delay in switching these tabs then I guess you won't be satisfied.
    12-09-10 10:30 AM
    yes.. it's very difficult di comprehend why RIM didn't put $30 more on a better chips..
    it left us, consumer.. pretty difficult option to choose. I'd prefer to have blackberry PUSH on Android OS.. with blackberry style notification..
    that's all what I need..
    12-09-10 10:40 AM
    You seem to think the lag in changing tabs is due to a slow processor...I'm not sure why.
    12-09-10 10:42 AM
    my transition is fine, don't recall much difference from the Android and Iphones I've owned before?

I don't have many icons though so maybe that's why. In fact I don't think I even need the tabs to begin with.

Heck, i remember my android (moto droid) lagged when answering a call! now thats unacceptable.
    12-09-10 10:56 AM
    Most agree it's been designed that way for whatever reason. If you press on the right or left of the titles of the tabs (i.e. "uent All Favo" <-- pressing on uent or Favo") it moves to the next screen faster.

Honestly I never even use these tabs - I stay on All 99% of the time - and many use themes that remove the tabs.

If the price of the phone is not justified simply because of a half second delay in switching these tabs then I guess you won't be satisfied.
    Ditto.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by KEB64; 12-09-10 at 11:26 AM.
    12-09-10 11:24 AM

Heck, i remember my android (moto droid) lagged when answering a call! now thats unacceptable.
    Same here. Now that was a drag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 11:25 AM
    No question it's not as smooth as the iPhone. But I have to wonder if you'd even notice this if you didn't use an iPhone. In the grand scheme of justifiable complaints, I just don't see this as significant. There are tradeoffs with any device.
    12-09-10 03:58 PM
    Well did you get the Torch to be a social device or a multimedia device? Since you mentioned the social feedback I'll assume social device. I had a BB Storm before I got the droid that I have now. Even though my droid is faster, more responsive, and has a better browser than my old BB Storm it very much "sucks" at email and sometimes texting. But, for internet and music it's great. My BB Storm however was great for all forms of messaging and phone calls. The web browser was ok but, it worked. The same could be said for the music player. It worked. If all of the flashy features are what matter to you then something like Iphone is gonna be your slice of pie. Give the device some more time and you'll over look the slight lag it has and hopefully grow to love it.

Also, don't forget to upgrade the OS! I've heard the latest OS6 for the Torch helps with some of the lag the device may have.
    12-09-10 06:52 PM
    Think it has to do with it differentiating between a partial swipe and full swipe, because you can swipe a tab part way (and even hold it) without actually switching to the next tab.

If you use the click method it knows you want to go to the next tab so it just does it, no hesitation or anything.
    12-09-10 07:26 PM
    Try adjusting the swipe sensitivity in options>typing and input>touchscreen sensitivity>swipe sensitivity - set that to low (0). That seems to speed up the transition a bit, no? I'm not sure.
    12-09-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD