hey all!
    i got my Torch 2 month ago, it was doing great and still, but i have encountered some laggs lately and freezings.
    sometimes when i enter photo galery i have to wait like 20-30 secs of freeze time and wait the picture to be displayed
    also sometimes while moving around menus ( ALL-->Frequent-->downloads...) i get some lags.
    i have OS 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)
    and also i realized that there is no other way to restart the phone but to pull out the battery, isnt that weird?
    well, if someone had the same issues and has a solution please let me know, and if its possible to format the phone.

cheers!
    11-23-10 04:02 AM
    Is this actual lag(like u see the spinning clock), or just perceived lag(doesn't quite seem as snappy as it once was)?

Lag between menus, or lag on viewing your photos, is not normal. Is your SD card full, or perhaps the phone itself(could happen quite quickly if you save pictures to internal memory)?
    Have you done a battery pull?

Pressing alt + right shift + del keys simultaneously is also a soft reset. Most apps you buy simulate this action. This is not to be confused with an actual battery pull(nothing can simulate an actual BP)

To "format" the phone you would wipe with bbsak and reinstall the OS via app loader.exe.

Hope that sheds some light on the subject for you.
    11-23-10 06:35 AM
    Make sure you don't have apps open - if you hold down the BB key to toggle the app switcher you can see what's open. There are 5 that cannot be closed - anything else could be slowing you down.

The key here is: is your phone slow and laggy immediately after a battery pull? If so, you might need to reinstall the OS.

First you can try removing the MicroSD card during a battery pull and let it boot up and see if it's slow then.

If so, I'd try an OS reinstall.
    11-23-10 07:16 AM
    i have tried the following: backed up my phone contents using bb desktop software and then restored, but i still get the laggs and freeze, actually yesterday mu phone just stopped functioning ( freeze) for a very long time so i have to make a battery pull to restart it!! (
    knowing that im a newbie, would anyone tell me how to wipe out everything then reinstall a fresh copy of the OS?
    thank you
    11-24-10 02:27 AM
    Start off by making a complete backup via desktop manager. Next backup any third party app you may have using a program called bbsak(can be found right here on CB).

Now all your backups are complete, download the latest(or any OS you want) from the sticky at the top of this section of the forums. Install to your pc, navigate to the app loader folder(typically C:\program files(x86 for 64 bit systems)\common files\research in motion\app loader) scroll to the bottom of that folder and delete the vendor.xml file. Then just simply click the loader.exe file and let it do it's thing.

As long as you didn't wipe the device prior to installing the OS app loader will do a backup and reinstall all your settings and apps. If you do wipe the device prior to installing then you will have to use your DM backup to get your settings back.

Any problems with this procedure there are several threads on how to install an OS in nearly every section of the forum.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-24-10 at 07:00 AM.
    11-24-10 06:58 AM
    i have tried the following: backed up my phone contents using bb desktop software and then restored, but i still get the laggs and freeze, actually yesterday mu phone just stopped functioning ( freeze) for a very long time so i have to make a battery pull to restart it!! (
    knowing that im a newbie, would anyone tell me how to wipe out everything then reinstall a fresh copy of the OS?
    thank you
    The instructions to Wipe and reload are in jeffreii's signature in post #3 above yours. Check it out. It's a very well written set of instructions.
    11-24-10 09:42 AM
    This is not to be confused with an actual battery pull(nothing can simulate an actual BP)
    Not even QuickPull?
    11-24-10 09:54 AM
    right...not even Quickpull.
    11-24-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD