62 87.32%
  • Its okay, but it needed more work

6 8.45%
  • CRAP...looking to trade ASAP!

3 4.23%
10-24-10 12:16 AM
29 12
tools
    Torch owners....you're addicts to the crackberry, like we all us on this board. Now that you have some experience with the 9800 and have handled it for some time

Is it a keeper or are you ready to trade it in for something else?

Would you go back 9700?
    10-22-10 01:50 PM
    Best phone I've ever had. Best phone I've used. Best phone I've seen overall.

Could it be better? Yes. There are many things that could be done to improve it...but the same could be said of all phones.
    10-22-10 01:55 PM
    Best phone I've owned. Could have gotten an Evo or Epic 4g, glad I passed on those.
    10-22-10 01:55 PM
    Not this 2nd time, this torch is much better. The 1st torch(Launch) I had I returned back to my 9700.

If youre thinking about trying it, I say give it a shot.
    10-22-10 01:59 PM
    No chance...os6 is great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 02:00 PM
    I can't imagine going back to an OS5 device.

10-22-10 02:04 PM
    +1 KEEPER

10-22-10 02:07 PM
    I would have probably waited a gew more months due rto build quality issues only. Since I'm in Canada and we got a later launch, I figured some of the stuff would have been fixed. Am I happy ? Yes. Took the 3rd device but I am glad I never changed as I was given the option for a different device the last return. Os6 is amazing and this phone gives me everything I wanted since my storm 1 days. <3

10-22-10 02:07 PM
    I come from a Storm1 9530..so obviously the Torch blows it out of the water lol. The integration between touchscreen, trackpad, and physical keyboard make this thing a beast imo. I'm not sure I could ever go back to just Touch only. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon (or go back to my 9530) than ever use an iPhone, but Androids have peaked my curiosity..although with them I'm not sure I could ever get used to the redundancy of all the different "home" screens. Not to mention BBM. My whole family as well as most of my friends are on it..so It would be very hard to not have.
    10-22-10 02:14 PM
    Had mines for about 3 months. Can't see myself with anything else. The more I use it, the more valuable it becomes. Its such a value to have the qwerty keys, trackpad, touchscreen. No other phone on the market has this functionality. The design is great. An extra convience key would be cool. Its just OS 6 dosnt need one. I was unaware the best way to take photos was in landscape. After firguring that... This phone is kinda scary LOL. I took a pic of President Obama and secret service looked shook. LOL

Its SICK how effecient this design is. My only gripe is screen res. But battery life is more important. Ip4 is awesome, but the Torch has its own nich and fits well.

So knowing what I know now....... Nope sprint has some dope pricing. But I don't mind paying the premium.

Last edited by BBGR8; 10-22-10 at 04:24 PM.
    10-22-10 04:20 PM
    Not this 2nd time, this torch is much better. The 1st torch(Launch) I had I returned back to my 9700.

If youre thinking about trying it, I say give it a shot.
    I did the same exact thing. The Torch is fire! Get it? Lol

10-22-10 04:53 PM
    I come from a Storm1 9530..so obviously the Torch blows it out of the water lol. The integration between touchscreen, trackpad, and physical keyboard make this thing a beast imo. I'm not sure I could ever go back to just Touch only. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon (or go back to my 9530) than ever use an iPhone, but Androids have peaked my curiosity..although with them I'm not sure I could ever get used to the redundancy of all the different "home" screens. Not to mention BBM. My whole family as well as most of my friends are on it..so It would be very hard to not have.
    Same here, I do not miss my 9530 one bit. This is the greatest phone, I've owned, but like you I have an intrest in the Android OS. I rooted my friends evo and he was showing me some of the cool hacks and I like the overclock ability after it is rooted. I like to do stuff like that but too bad BBOS has too much security to do things like that lol. It is one of the best things about blackberry though is the security. But I do like the higher def screens of some of the droid devices too, and I will never consider going apple. I convinced my girlfriend she didn't want a new mac laptop to replace her old one and got her on windows like normal people haha.

10-22-10 05:08 PM
    I love my torch, down with this thread.
    10-22-10 05:24 PM
    I love mine as well but I had quite a learning curve since I never had a touch screen phone before. Now that I am getting the hang of things I don't know if any other BB currently out here has anything better to offer!

10-22-10 05:35 PM
    Best device I've owned. Hands down.
    10-22-10 05:46 PM
    the torch is great! having owned an iphone and android phone, i say this phone competes with both. its amazing and i wont go back to any other phone
    10-22-10 06:12 PM
    P.s. It destroys my tmobile hd2...that 1 ghz processor means **** ...love my torch..

10-22-10 07:30 PM
    I love my Torch. Before I had a Storm2 just for 6 mos and thought it was the best thing ever. Prior to that I had an LG Chocolate Spin that served me well. Storm was very cool with the big screen but I found it really tough to get use to the touch screen thumb typing. Well to be fair it was my first intro to thumb typing. But Torch omg the slide out keyboard is so much easier. And you still have that big beautiful screen. I love the v6 OS. Leaps and bounds above v5. Intuitive. The universal search alone is astounding.

Here's how much I love my Torch. I was with Telus. Paid 599 to get a Torch (since I wasn't due for a discount after renewing with Storm). My house is in a challenging valley-like location. Storm CDMA reception was ok, once I put in a 400-800 cellular amplifier. Torch though on 3G sucked big time. The closest tower is 20 km away and me being in a dip here - well I was constantly "searching for signal". But by then I had fallen in love with the Torch. Terminated with Telus for $600 (!!) buggers nailed me and signed up with Rogers who have better coverage. But I did it because I LOVE the Torch. Ok I'm crazy. Whatever. I have what I want. And now I even get phone calls on top of fun apps and stuff. Bonus.
    10-22-10 10:40 PM
    I'm loving my Torch! Just got it two days ago and fell in love instantly. I've had Android (EVO) before this, and I'm selling that..I've missed blackberry and bbm!
    10-22-10 10:57 PM
    Go BACK????

Are you f'king serious?????? This phone is the SH*T
    10-23-10 12:59 AM
    I couldn't be more satisfied coming from a Tour 9630 it's a refreshing upgrade. The interface is familiar yet the layout is more aligned and looks more professional. The virtual keyboard is great but for some reason I still prefer the physical keyboard and I type faster. Overall this is a great phone.
    10-23-10 04:13 AM
    Best phone I've ever had. Best phone I've used. Best phone I've seen overall.

Could it be better? Yes. There are many things that could be done to improve it...but the same could be said of all phones.
    Agreed completely, with one qualification - it's the best phone I've seen for me and what I do with a phone.

My previous Bold 9000 and I got to be close buddies, and I was hesitant at first to replace it. When the Torch was first announced, I knew I really wanted that bigger screen, slide-out keyboard, and better browser; but the question remained as to whether or not it would still do everything else that made the 9000 a permanent fixture on my person, and would the touch-screen UI be so much more than what I needed as to diminish the whole experience. But this phone has exceeded my expectations: everything that I loved about the Bold, fixes the things I didn't love so much, plus all the benefits of this form factor.

Absolutely no regrets here, and definitely no spec-envy.
    10-23-10 09:15 PM
    Absolutely not. I have had an 8310, 9000, and the 9700; the Torch is by far the best that I have owned to date.

10-23-10 10:00 PM
    Definite keeper. Wouldn't be able to go back to a non-touch screen phone

10-23-10 10:03 PM
    I can't imagine going back to an OS5 device.

+1 and 9 more characters
    10-23-10 10:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD