10-25-10 07:13 PM
27 12
tools
    I installed the beiks touchscreen lock on my 9800. I changed the unlock key to the return button. The locker works. But I seem to have a problem. The lock button on the top of the phone will also unlock the screen with 2 pushes. The reason I was trying to get away from the BB lock is because it's so darn easy to hit when it's in your pocket.

Am I doing something wrong or is the program not working properly? I'd be very happy with the beiks lock program if it would just not respond to presses from the lock button on the top of the phone.

Ideas?

Roveer
    10-25-10 12:48 PM
    Still no apps that will completely lock the phone like the hardware lock...on pressing the hardware lock.

The only way to accomplish this, that I have found, is to use the autolock functionality of BEIKS, BerrySlider, PatternLock...but I HATE autolock. I don't want to have to unlock it every time it turns off...ONLY when I press the hardware lock button!

BEIKS does not have the option. You can't have it use the lock button to lock and a different button to unlock. Apparently it is always running in the background which also is annoying - I don't want to see it in the task switcher every time...

BerrySlider does not have the option.

PatternLock has the option (lock behind default lock) but it does not work and their tech support doesn't know why.
    10-25-10 07:13 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD