First of all, I'm really liking my Torch as I have all of the Blackberries that I've owned. I must say however I'm kind of looking forward to trying the windows phone 7 device.

If I buy one and switch back and between it and my BB, do I change anything with AT&T?

I'm guessing that any other device will work just using the data portion of my plan.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Bighat
    09-17-10 09:52 AM
    your plan includes BIS

switching to another device will not effect your plan.

Once you are finished using another device, put your sim card back into the blackberry and you will have Bis service again.
    09-17-10 10:14 AM
    I was wondering about this also for the same reason. But will AT&T force you off BIS because you are upgrading to a non blackberry phone? I have been thinking about running a WM7 device and one of my many Blackberry's. I can get wifi at work and home and would rarely have to put the sim in the BB for anything other than voice.
    11-08-10 11:29 AM
    they will only force u off if u are buying your other phone from a retail outlet...if u buy it from craigslist or ebay or something they won't force u off. AT&T's computers won't let u use say an android with a bis plan but if u buy an android from ebay it works fine...its just a paperwork thing for at&t
    11-08-10 12:29 PM
    Well just as an update since I went by an AT&T corp store this evening to try this out. I came away with a Focus WM7 device as an upgrade on my contract and managed to get them to add back on the unlimited $30 blackberry data. So now I can happily SIM swap between all my devices while I check out WM7.

Actually surprised they let me do it.
    11-08-10 08:05 PM
    Yeah I talked with a service rep about this very thing because sometimes i like to use my captivate. The data still works and is routed through your same plan. The only thing he said I needed to look out for is sometime around midnight att's servers do a sweep and might automatically change your plan. He also said this could be solved with a phone call but he put it out there. So I always keep my sim in my blackberry over night. I happily switch to and fro with little issue.
    11-08-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD