11-17-10 06:53 PM
32 12
tools
    The one thing I really miss more than anything from the Bold 9700 is that left-side convenience key; it almost proved to be a deal-breaker for me. In the end, however, I liked the device enough to keep it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    For those of you who really like extra convenience keys..check out a couple of apps from ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Home. He's got one called ExtraKeys and one called Six Tools..both of which allow you to designate your Volume Keys and Mute Key for extra convenience keys. Not to mention Six Tools allows you to designate sounds when your slider opens and closes (Star Trek sound ftw).

Here's a couple links:
    ExtraKeys:
    ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Products

Six Tools:
    ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Products
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-15-10 at 12:03 PM.
    11-15-10 12:00 PM
    go for the tourch you will love it
    11-15-10 12:55 PM
    as appreciative as i am for the responses, can anyone tell me how the speaker sound is and what's this infamous sms bug that's going around? in terms of the keyboard, i've been able to hold a display version and mess around with it for a while but it felt comfortable. i've gone from a n95 to an xperia x1 and now my bold so getting accustomed to change is something i'm used to. but i'm really curious as to how audible the ringer is and what's so bad about this particular text bug? i have a lot of people who don't have blackberries (losers) and rely on texting a lot so i was wondering how big of a problem is this? thanks in advance and for all the replies, it's been helpful.
    11-15-10 04:45 PM
    The SMS bug consists of the chat log opening up in the middle of the conversation..as opposed to being at the bottom of the conversation..as it should be. It's an easy enough workaround though..a quick up and down "swipe" on the trackpad immediately takes you to the bottom of the conversation.

As for the sound volume..some have issues..other's do not. My volume is fine, and i've never had any issue. I'm coming from a Storm1 though..so I don't know if it's any different coming from a 9700 or not.
    11-15-10 04:56 PM
    Running on OS .246, never had the speaker issues with the tinny sound. I didn't have it on OS .141. The volume issue seems to be variable in terms of who considers it an issue and to what degree. My volume is fine but then again I don't need to hear it in a windtunnel.
    11-15-10 04:57 PM
    I thought 9700 was the best bb ever, and still think that way, but i went to torch. Torch is a tough learning experience, specially if you (like me) havn't been on the touch bandwagon. I upgraded to .337 and there's significant change in user interface. Torch is a great phone, but like with every paradigm shift, it takes time to get used to it. As for the touch screen, i got a very simple rule, when i'm working, i switch out the physical keyboard, and use the trackpad a lot. When im in leisure time, try to use the touch screen to get used to it. The future is touch, im sure of that, but i'm very happy i got both worlds now.

One strong point is browsing. Browsing on 6, and on the torch is a far better experience than in the 9700. I know it's a tough decision..... but im happy with my torch
    11-17-10 06:44 PM
    I know I'm always pimping the Torch on here, but I've had mine a month and I love it more every week. Zero problems and fun to use. And as far as the people who don't like it because of the touchscreen, what are you going to do when you get a playbook?
    11-17-10 06:53 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD