I just gpt my Torch on Friday last week so I have not had it a week yet. When I got it, it had .141 installed on it. I decided not to update to a beta just yet because I wanted to wait to see if I was having any of the problems or "bugs" that I have read about in the forums. Every thing was working pretty well on it with only a few minor complaints.

1-sometimes had a lag when closing apps or me email applications.
    2- when i would press and hold an icon on the home screen to bring up the menu sometimes it would open fast and other times it would take over 10 seconds.
    3-sound on a call was kind of low but loud enough to hear if not much background noise. (also had a tinny sound on some calls)
    4-sometimes the track pad was sluggish.
    5-sometimes when I would try to highlight the notifications bar it would not highlight.

Today when I hooked up to my laptop to synk. I got a message that there was an update avail from BB. it was .246

I updated after backing up my device.

now-
    1-resolved
    2-resolved
    3-still kind of low on the volume but it is better. tinny sound was gone
    4-so faf so good.
    5-resolved

problem-browser seems slower than before.

I do have a question about the auto tilt screen.
    I never noticed before upgrading to .246 but now I notice that when the slider is open the screen will not go to lansdcape mode when device is rotated. Not that I need it to but was just wondering.
    I also notice that when the screen is in landscape then slider is opened the screen goes to portrait.
    09-29-10 05:24 PM
    about the screen thing.. i think its done on purpose..

bcos u wldnt rly have the phone in landscape if u want to use the keypad would u.. i guess it makes it easier to type when lying down too.
    09-29-10 05:29 PM
    The tilting should have been present in .141.
    It is assumed that when you have the keyboard out you will be holding it in the portrait position (typing on the keyboard). It also makes it easier to use the phone when you are in lying down.
    09-29-10 05:30 PM
    I appreciate your findings - always good to see - but they do belong in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-246-a-530980/
    09-29-10 05:34 PM
    You were prompted that there was an update to .246? Did it just become an "official" release? I'm going to check tonight.

Agreed on the tilting, it was present in .141.
    09-29-10 05:36 PM
    Yes. I have my settings on DM to tell me when there are software updates I actually thought it meant that it would notify me of updates to DM but when I conected and saw there was an update I started to do the update and realized that it was updating my device.
    09-29-10 05:40 PM
    Are you sure you haven't downloaded and installed the leaked .246? If you did, DM would know it and try to update your device for you.

.246 will likely go official for Canadian carriers tomorrow but DM shouldn't offer you non-AT&T updates.
    09-29-10 05:44 PM
    Are you sure you haven't downloaded and installed the leaked .246? If you did, DM would know it and try to update your device for you.

.246 will likely go official for Canadian carriers tomorrow but DM shouldn't offer you non-AT&T updates.
    That might actually be what happened. I was trying to put a leaked .246 on my computer but got lost somewhere in the process so I stopped. Maybe it actually was a leaked version than. thanks for the tip.
    09-29-10 05:46 PM

Tomorrow .246 will be posted at RIM website? Does it come with East Asian Language Support?

Thanks.
    09-29-10 06:44 PM
    Tomorrow .246 will be posted at RIM website? Does it come with East Asian Language Support?

Thanks.
    Who knows but the practice is usually to release the official OS with the device - and as the Canadians are said to be getting .246 with the Torch release tomorrow...I'd imagine that will be the case.

Whether or not East Asian is supported you'll have to wait and see. For now .225 has East Asian and it's very similar to .246.
    09-29-10 07:04 PM
    OK. thanks. When AT&T first released the Torch, I think .141 doesn't come out on RIM website until few days later. but maybe I am wrong...
    09-29-10 07:20 PM
    There's nothing set in stone for when it will be available...but the CrackBerry blog post about AT&T releasing .141 was at about 1AM the day after release (8/13) - good chance it was actually available earlier than that, perhaps more than an hour earlier (aka 8/12) until CB posted it.

Official OS 6.0.0.141 released for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 | CrackBerry.com
    09-29-10 07:27 PM
    so that means tonight!!! I will wait for it!!

Thanks for the info...
    09-29-10 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD