Since I ordered my torch yesterday (from AT&T website). And have to wait till tomorrow to get it, I thought id go down to the local radio shack and play with the one they have on display. Unfortunatly theirs is just a "dummy" that will not turn on. Upon picking it up I finally saw the wobble issue. Actually it felt like the screen was going to fall off in my hand.
    The display at my local AT&T corporate store was a real working phone and was solid as a rock. I hope mine is more like the one in the att store otherwise when I get it its going back. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    09-23-10 01:21 PM
    The store models are so worked over by many people messing wih them that you can't gauge a phones durability on that alone. Yours more than likely will be just fine.
    09-23-10 01:25 PM
    My wobble first began slight and is now noticiable when I hold the phone by the keyboard and shake up and down. I'm pretty sure every torch has some issue with wobble open or closed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 05:18 PM
    I would expect some minor play imo. Now if it's extreme that's probably not good.

But as mentioned store models are not a good representation because they get abused. The one at the store I went to look like someone dropped it pretty hard, it had some deep knicks in the bezel that went through all of the paint.
    09-23-10 05:21 PM
    they all begin to wobble, so it's whatever.
    09-23-10 05:25 PM
    A very slight, minor play is to be expected. It shouldn't be a deal-breaker.
    09-23-10 05:36 PM
    Why are you people defending this wobble so much? It's a $600 phone, it shouldn't have this problem.

Anyways, when I get my torch and it has this problem, a few found out how to fix it.
    09-23-10 05:50 PM
    ^^ You're oversimplifying and not understanding what people actually said...
    09-23-10 06:32 PM
    My wobble first began slight and is now noticiable when I hold the phone by the keyboard and shake up and down. I'm pretty sure every torch has some issue with wobble open or closed

lmfao

what do you expect?? Who would even do this during normal operation??

Listen im sure you can rip the slider off if you push/pull hard enough - but thats not normal operation!

i could see if its wobbling or the slider is coming up when your talking - or if while typing the keyboard wobbles so bad you cant type - but the complaints of wobble due to ridiculousness is absurd.
    09-23-10 06:38 PM
    My torch does not wobble, neither does my wifes phone and she is pretty rough on phones too. She has dropped the phone with the screen extended twice that I know of. I have two friends that have the torch as well and their phones are solid as well.... I think the wobble is caused by abuse and my wife is just lucky...lol
    09-23-10 06:50 PM
    The phone wobble because some people pick up the phone and expect that it should wobble and find actions that make the phone wobble..

09-23-10 06:55 PM
    There is some play in every one I have touched. In most cases the wobble is when the phone is open or closed, but not both. The wobble when closed is more annoying, but is more easily fixed. I know of no fix for the wobble when the phone is open, does anyone?
    09-23-10 07:08 PM
    Interestingly enough the working non-dummy Torches I've seen at my local corporate AT&T store didn't have any play in the sliding mechanism. The first Torch I got did have a reasonably large amount of looseness forward to back so I took it back. These past two I've had have been perfect. I read on another post that the wobble can be fixed by tightening a couple screws, but that would require you to take it apart if I recall. I guess it's a matter of them not tightening them enough during production.
    09-24-10 01:47 AM
    There is some play in every one I have touched. In most cases the wobble is when the phone is open or closed, but not both. The wobble when closed is more annoying, but is more easily fixed. I know of no fix for the wobble when the phone is open, does anyone?
    The second Torch I had wobbled both when it was both open and closed. The open wobble was particularly pronounced -- the damn thing actually rattled when you shook it -- and I suspect this looseness carried over to when the slider was shut. There was up and down play when I used the BB key or trackpad and the bottom of the touchscreen. (Plus the trackpad had a very spongy feel and sound like squeaky leather shoes.) That sucker went back the next day for another one.
    09-24-10 08:40 AM
    The phone wobble because some people pick up the phone and expect that it should wobble and find actions that make the phone wobble..

+1 you hit the nail in the head
    09-24-10 08:48 AM
    We wouldve had the second best virtual keyboard out there were it not for its surepress like action.

09-24-10 10:50 AM
    ah....that explains why I only experienced the teeniest tiniest wobble....I wasn't doing the right things with it....

with a phone one must hold it and shake it and jump up and down and take all actions necessary to make sure that there in fact *is* a wobble....

that is a classic example of a self fulfilling prophecy....you find something that doesn't behave like people have told you that it should and you manipulate it and manhandle it until it does in fact do what you expect it to do....
    09-24-10 11:04 AM
    ah....that explains why I only experienced the teeniest tiniest wobble....I wasn't doing the right things with it....

with a phone one must hold it and shake it and jump up and down and take all actions necessary to make sure that there in fact *is* a wobble....

that is a classic example of a self fulfilling prophecy....you find something that doesn't behave like people have told you that it should and you manipulate it and manhandle it until it does in fact do what you expect it to do....

LMFAO @ this!!!!!!! You didn't know that??? What the he## are you doing with the BB then?!?!?!
    09-24-10 11:12 AM
    obviously not holding it right....
    09-24-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD