Folks...

O2 UK are now stocking the torch.. just ordered mine eak!!!

1200 mins, unlimited txt and whatever the data bundle was 750MB or 500 MB not sure...�40 a month 24 mth contract... works for me should be in my mailbox tomorrow :-) Happy Days!!!!
    10-12-10 06:49 AM
    nice. any upfront cost for the phone?
    10-12-10 06:58 AM
    Yeah they tapped me for �29 it was free on higher tarriffs but i didnt want to pay anymore each month. 18mth contract see a significant increase in the upfront costs... guess I WILL have to keep this one for two years now!!!!!!!
    10-12-10 07:17 AM
    A whole 29 pounds?! That's basically free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 07:18 AM
    lol i know i was curious why they even bothered :-) but i guess i guess thats how they make their millions!!!!! I hate carriers.. lol I work with them on a daily basis and they are generally a pain in the bum!!! am i allowed to say that here???
    10-12-10 07:33 AM
    Good choice bro.. I got mines on Voda UK, love the device, and I came from the Nexus One...My Nexus should be punted on eBay by Thursday, LOL
    10-12-10 08:29 AM
    I got mine today.

Curious as to how everyones (UK) Torches are in terms of wobble, mines Hungary 3 and it's terrible, a good few mill in both planes. IMHO NOT acceptable for a high end device, I'm calling now for a replacement, the rest of it's great however.

V6.0.0.246 (Platform 6.4.0.105) is this the most recent?

Ian
    Last edited by Ian G; 10-12-10 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
    10-12-10 10:35 AM
    Wabble???????
    10-12-10 10:40 AM
    Sorry typing too fast;

*wobble
    10-12-10 10:45 AM
    I've just got pretty much the same from vodafone, 1200 mins xnet, unlimited texts, 500mb data/bb services but �45ish a month after VAT has been added. It's an 18mo contract though, which I had to specifically ask for, as they were going to sly a 24 month out of the trap straight away. No thanks!!

It's a cool little gadget, I'm chuffed as a pup with mine
    10-12-10 10:49 AM
    Always interested to hear from UK members.

Visited Orange yesterday.... no stock/demo unit, then Car Phone Warehouse.... no stock/demo unit.

Phones-4-you had stock and a fake unit but wouldnt open a box to try one unless i bought it
    The best offer they could do was �35/month and a free phone.... yet on line its �30/month and free phone...... spoke to manager who would honour the web deal, spoke to P4U head office, still wouldn't let me have �30/month in store...... i walked out.

Why cant i just get a phone in store for �30/month
    10-12-10 02:40 PM
    I went to P4U for mine, had a play with the demo unit and then got a sealed one from the back.

On Orange �45pm, 18m, 1200mins, ultd txt, ultd internet, 50 mms and orange nav.

Mine is from Mexico 4 and has a very slight movement in the mechanism after 9 days, I am talking 1mm. Is that acceptable, I have noticed some of the US guys have returned there's for bad wobble or a little wobble. Should I return mine, P4U said I have 28 days no quibble exchange.
    10-12-10 04:38 PM
    This doesn't help the thread but will serve as a comparison - I'm paying �35/month, 1200mins, unltd txt, 500mb internet, 50mms, orange maps for 24 months - no upfront costs.
    10-12-10 05:19 PM
    Mine is Hungary 3 and there's not much slop in the slider at all, 1mm possibly if I'm really violent with it...

The demo model I tried in the Vodafone shop was terrible, good couple of mil up and down but the one I got is fine. They did try to fob me off with a used unit (phone was covered in fingerprints, battery was out of its bag etc) but I took that back and got a brand new sealed unit.
    10-12-10 06:16 PM

Mine is from Mexico 4 and has a very slight movement in the mechanism after 9 days, I am talking 1mm. Is that acceptable, I have noticed some of the US guys have returned there's for bad wobble or a little wobble. Should I return mine, P4U said I have 28 days no quibble exchange.
    EXACTLY. the same situation here. Mexico 4, less than a mm and not noticeable when you don't look for it. Gonna sit with mine til day 27 and see if the wobble has got progressively worse. If not i'm gonna stick with it, and crack it open and tighten those 6 screws instead
    10-12-10 08:18 PM
    Folks...

O2 UK are now stocking the torch.. just ordered mine eak!!!

1200 mins, unlimited txt and whatever the data bundle was 750MB or 500 MB not sure...�40 a month 24 mth contract... works for me should be in my mailbox tomorrow :-) Happy Days!!!!
    Was that through the O2 website? I had a look but couldn't see the Torch listed.

10-13-10 07:04 AM
    Phones4u website today says they 'have no offers' for the Torch, ie no prices at all.
    10-13-10 09:06 AM
    Not sure where mine is from ... I was playing with a whole bunch of these at a RIM event not so long ago and none of them opened as freely as mine.. the y were all very stiff and need a good shove to open. Mine just glides....... in terms of wobble .. nothing i am too worried about... am with weezul, if it gets bad i ;ll crack it and tighten up!!!

loving the device itself although i was pretty miffed as there was no case in the box... is this normal of have been stiffed by o2???
    10-14-10 08:23 AM
    ohhhh sorry Daisy....

i was calling and pestering for at least week before i got mine maybe even two lol.

Anyway they ket telling me it would be on the website as soon as it was available ... yeah right .. i ordered mine on Tuesday and it still isnt up on the website.

Give them a call on 202 from an o2 mobile and follow the upgrade route :-)

or....

Call into or call your local o2 shop and check the stock... my local shop were getting them Tuesday too.

hope this helps.
    10-14-10 08:32 AM
    Good Job SeamusPeter

hmm case...

Think I will be heading down the Ebay Route... can't wait four weeks for a case.. my shiny new torch will be trashed by then !!!
    10-15-10 03:36 AM
    QUOTE=seamuspeter;5678755]Whoop. Welcome to the UK torch club elite. I bagged an orange deal, 10% discount for students on a �27.50, with a month free and the handset was under �100. Love it to pieces. 500mins and ulimtd txt n bis.

Can any of you suggest somewhere that stocks cases in the uk?? After an otterbox, can't find stock anywhere. Phoned bb uk and they said, oh, 4 week wait sir. What on earth. The london flagship orange/3/voda stores had zip too.

Someone help!

Thanks yal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

Hi eamuspeter,

Check mobilefun, case-mate should be there next monday. I pre order mine last week and hopefully wil getting it next week.

10-15-10 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD