hi everybody,

i just got a 9800 2 days back...
    6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246 Platform 6.4.0.105)

First day was all ok .. but after 1 day of use i'm getting a couple of issues. My guess is that is os related and i have no idea how to download the upgraded os.

I'm using a mac.

I tried connecting to a pc desktop manager .. it shows that my os is upto date and there are no updates available.

I tried using options - software updates ... same thing.

1. The backlight brightness - 0 to 100.
    Its the same at 100 as it is on 0.
    No difference.
    Does anybody else have this problem?

2. Music - songs synced but several files are just names - marked in dk.red. When i play the files dont exist - nothing happens.

3. Icons - when i mark them as a favorite, the icons get duplicated sometimes - sometimes they just dont appear in favorites.

4. V.imp - is there anything i could do about the phone sounds? i travel a lot and the sounds are really quite low. I've even done the audio boost in media settings.

5. Email - when i mark prior opened, nothing happens.

I'm quite sure most of this is os related.
    But if i could get some help, it would be very deeply appreciated.
    Thank you very much.
    11-28-10 10:17 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 10:19 PM
    ..yes ... tried it twice yesterday...
    11-28-10 10:23 PM
    overall, i'm beginning to get used to the device.

bit confusing because with 9700 it was just the keyboard .. lol.. now its keyboard / touch / trackpad .. but i think i'll b fine .. and i'm liking it.

but the low sounds scare me ...i dont want to miss important calls .

Thx.
    11-28-10 10:25 PM
    Have you tried the loud profile? I find that the loud profile is pretty loud even in a busy crowded location.

11-28-10 10:26 PM
    i did try it ..not much of a noticeable difference...
    am i missing something here..?
    11-28-10 10:35 PM
    i did change the ringtones..
    is there any way to make all the profiles go back to default?
    thank you and sorry for the stupid question.
    11-28-10 10:39 PM
    That is strange, my phone rings really loud with the volume set to 10 so I have it only at 5. Pretty sure I could hear it ring from any phone in the house with it set to 10.

11-28-10 10:39 PM
    Not sure when I switch mine from normal to loud profile its at least 2x the volume of normal. You may have a defective phone. I would try to get a replacement since you're within the 30 day period.

11-28-10 10:40 PM
    You may just need to upgrade your os to the leaked .337 version. I believe a lot of Torch users had similar issues until they upgraded the os. I waited all of 2 days before I upgraded to it and I've not had a single issue you've mentioned. My Torch has been flawless & I've had it for about 3 weeks now. Hopefully some of the experts will chime in here, but I would upgrade os first. If you haven't done it before, just search "proper os upgrade procedure" and you should find it.
    11-28-10 11:00 PM
    337 is no longer a leak. See the sticky. Not sure about a Mac, but I certainly would delete the vendor file and unhook your Internet connection before giving it a go...

11-28-10 11:33 PM
    wow... thank you so much guys..

1. sound problem - aznlgcy - thanks a million .. i sorted it out.
    a) changed to loud profile.
    b) downloaded all the old ringtones and used the ones that i'm used to .. lol .. maybe the tones were loud enough but i was "used" to the old ones and could'nt "notice" the sound.
    anyway - problem solved - sincere thanks.

2. OS update
    - - got it - i'll do it right away and hopefully i'll b back in business very soon.

Sincere thanks to aznlgcy, acwyaw, lyls, shansmi - very humbling to get soooooooo much help sooooo fast.
    11-28-10 11:58 PM
    Oh and for the screen you need to do a save. You should see the screen dim a bit. If autodim is enabled it may not be much unless you are in a low light area. You should see about 15%+ in battery life with it at 0.

11-29-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD