Has anyone tried to jailbreak the torch? If so, how did you go about it? I'm thinking about going this route to use it on the Verizon network (if possible) because the 9650 really isn't cutting it.
    10-28-10 04:49 AM
    Impossible. Also the term jailbreak makes no sense for BBs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 05:01 AM
    Yeah, what ^^he said. Gsm phones are not compatible with cdma networks.

10-28-10 05:19 AM
    You mean unlock. You can unlock your Torch to use different carriers SIM cards. VZW doesn't use a SIM since they're CDMA, so the above posters are correct.

10-28-10 06:25 AM
    Jailbreak doesn't even mean unlock. Lol.

Nor does it mean flash.

I see iPhone ignorance surfacing. :P

10-28-10 07:51 AM
    Hey OP. Jailbreaking refers to CrApple fonz. This soz you can run Apps not provided by the prophet Steveie.

BlackBerrys do not suffer from this MASSIVE restriction. You can download and run ANY app you like.

As others have said in here, A GSM phone won't run on CDMA (which Verizon runs). by asking some1 like Mobile Phone Unlockers | The Professional Mobile Phone Unlocking Service | Setting Your Mobile Free who give 50% off to Crackberry members.

You can unlock your fone to run it on any GSM network worldwide.
    10-28-10 07:52 AM
    If by "unlock", you mean "I don't want to pay the deserving developers for their apps", you're with the wrong type of phones. Only apple is stupid enough to be exploited like that.
    10-28-10 11:03 AM
    If by "unlock", you mean "I don't want to pay the deserving developers for their apps", you're with the wrong type of phones. Only apple is stupid enough to be exploited like that.
    Where did this come from? You can run an app on the BB without paying for it. Its not up to your device to make sure you paid for the app. If you know what your doing you can do it. Jailbreak is not intended to steal software but allow you to run 3rd party apps on the iphone. The op's termology was very off but they made clear what their intentions where. To use the Torch on another carrier.

10-28-10 02:12 PM
    You mean unlock. You can unlock your Torch to use different carriers SIM cards. VZW doesn't use a SIM since they're CDMA, so the above posters are correct.
    Yes, the OP's only hope is that the mildly rumored 9830 will actually exist. However it wasn't supposed to be until spring last I heard, and I haven't heard any rumors of the 9830 at all in quite awhile, so who knows it will ever be.

10-28-10 02:51 PM
    Where did this come from? You can run an app on the BB without paying for it. Its not up to your device to make sure you paid for the app. If you know what your doing you can do it. Jailbreak is not intended to steal software but allow you to run 3rd party apps on the iphone. The op's termology was very off but they made clear what their intentions where. To use the Torch on another carrier.

Not intended, but 99% of the posts on here asking about jailbreak are in order to use paid software for free...
    10-28-10 03:42 PM
    LOLz @ some of the replies!!!
    XD
    10-28-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD