I recently got a blackberry torch 9800 from a friend of mine, up until now I have been using an old samsung flip phone. I simply pulled out the sim card and popped it in and after resetting it through the desktop manager it works. The problem is that I don't have a data plan, I would still like to use the browser and other apps on it through wifi so that I don't run up an insane data charge. After doing a bit of digging through the web I got it up and running with opera mini but I don't know for sure if it's using the wifi or not. I blanked out the apn settings on the TCP IP settings and then unchecked the enable box. the browser only works however if data is turned on in the mobile network options even if I have the mobile network turned off and wifi connected (though I would like to keep it on so I can still get texts and whatnot). Under service status it still says blackberry internet service not connected as well as enterprise server. how do I make sure that it doesn't use data over the network and restrict browsing to wifi?
    06-21-14 04:47 PM
    If wifi is on and your on your wifi network, and it shows your wife is on it's using wifi.
    06-21-14 07:42 PM