I have a 36 day old Torch purchased through Telus in Canada. Two issues (possibly related, possibly not) have developed:

1/ Mid-afternoon yesterday I went to reply to a text using the physical keyboard, but only some of the keys would register keystrokes. I decided to call the person instead, but every attempt resulted in "call failed" and I didn't even hear it dialing. Attempted multiple numbers with same result. Did a battery pull and when it rebooted I was able to send texts without issue, and the phone worked fine for a couple of hours.

I then went home and again attempted to make a call, again the call failed issue resurface. I had full bars and 3G showing, and it appeared I could send texts. Calls to my phone would also not go through. I headed over to the mall to the store to see if there was a network issue (the Torch is my only phone so I couldn't call in to support). When I got to the mall I saw there was no network signal, so I turned the network off then back on. I was then able to make calls. After getting to the store and calling in to tech support, they said they had no network problems and thought it might be my phone or might be random errors. It would be 6-8 weeks to have the phone sent out, so I decided to take it home and see how it behaved over the next couple of days. Upon returning home I was again unable to make calls, and eventually the phone went into SOS mode. Later in the night the network came back temporarily and I received texts and emails. This morning at work I am receiving emails fine.

2/ Phone has been rebooting itself. Once Tuesday, twice Wednesday, and multiple times last night. Has happened right when I take it out of the holster, and happened overnight as it was plugged in (screen setup returned to default from my custom setting so I knew it rebooted).

Anyone having similar issues? Do you think there is a problem with the device or SIM card, or maybe a problem with the cell tower covering my home as the phone was working elsewhere?
    11-12-10 08:39 AM
    The call failed error could certainly come from the sim card. Have telus swap it out for you. I'm not sure about the device restarting on its own. I'd probably swap it out under the 1 year warranty if it is consistent.
    11-12-10 11:00 AM
    Might want to try re-installing the OS. I would wipe 1st and only restore things like contacts and profile settings after to be safe.
    11-12-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD