I've had my torch for just under a week. Love the device. Don't love the issues I'm having with sync.

I finally figured out how to disable the wireless sync function (not by following any of the instructions provided by BB). Now I need to figure out how to get my contacts to sync from the device to Outlook.

I've already done all of the standard troubleshooting. My BB desktop software is configured for two-way sync. It works for calendar, tasks & memo pad. My contacts will sync from outlook to my device, but not the other way around. I have also tried configuring a one-way sync from the device to outlook.

Any suggestions?

BTW - if anyone else is having the "wireless sync" problem, the route that finally worked for me is as follows:

Setup >Email Accounts >Internet Mail Accounts

then: select an email account

Full Menu >Edit >Synchronization Options

then: un-check the "contacts" box.

Cheers,
    11-18-10 01:02 AM
    when setting up contact sync in the DM, any errors? Please explain exactly what is happening. Do you have more than one contact list under Contacts > Options?
    11-18-10 02:14 AM
    I couldnt figure out exactly your problem, but some people were having problem with synchronizing contacts with outlook because of the at&t address book backup feature. If you dont need it, i suggest you remove it using bbsak and check if your synchronization problems are solved.

The files for the at&t address book are
    Code:
    net_rim_bb_nabsync.cod
    net_rim_bb_nabsync_102.cod
    net_rim_bb_nabsync_resource.cod
    net_rim_bb_nabsync_resources_102.cod
    For any other carrier, delete all the nabsync files
    11-18-10 02:39 AM
    when setting up contact sync in the DM, any errors? Please explain exactly what is happening. Do you have more than one contact list under Contacts > Options?
    When I completed my first sync, all of the contacts that were in outlook ended up duplicated on my device. Eventually, I deleted my outlook contacts completely, which removed the duplicates from my device. Now however, my entire address book is on my device & I can't get it to sync to outlook. If I add a new entry to outlook however, it will sync to my device.

No to errors, but yes, there are three contact lists under contacts >options. All three are email addresses. I'm not clear on how they got there. As far as I know, I haven't ever created a "contact list" on either my device or outlook.

My contacts, email settings, etc were all transferred from my old BB to my torch when I purchased it. My old device synced seamlessly.

Arg.
    Last edited by hesnomarmaduke; 11-19-10 at 08:14 PM.
    11-19-10 08:10 PM
    I couldnt figure out exactly your problem, but some people were having problem with synchronizing contacts with outlook because of the at&t address book backup feature. If you dont need it, i suggest you remove it using bbsak and check if your synchronization problems are solved.

The files for the at&t address book are
    Code:
    net_rim_bb_nabsync.cod
    net_rim_bb_nabsync_102.cod
    net_rim_bb_nabsync_resource.cod
    net_rim_bb_nabsync_resources_102.cod
    For any other carrier, delete all the nabsync files
    I'm on Telus. How do I find the nabsync files?
    11-19-10 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD