Hey guys , i need some points to fight against the iPhone fanboys
    11-15-10 01:42 PM
    Might as well pull your own teeth...
    11-15-10 01:43 PM
    People really need to stop doing this bb vs. iphone thing.
    You're comparing a ferarri with a rolls royce....or a bugatti for that matter.

Blackberry....since its INCEPTION....has NEVER been a sexy device. Back when BB was monochrome and had a rolling scroll at the side of the box, it was the ugly kid on the street. But it was a great, efficient, device.

Other phones have ALWAYS been able to do what BB did...and more. BB was one of the last to have a camera. One of the last to be able to play mp3s and video. And now...one of the last to have a proper touchscreen.

A blackberry is a workhorse. It`s the most secure phone on the market, and the most efficient phone I can think of. In a nutshell....

Blackberries are work phones you can play on.
    Other phones are play phones you can do SOME work on.

Just because they're both named after fruit doesn't make it oranges to oranges.

~LB
    11-15-10 01:59 PM
    Sad the only thing i can think of is physical keyboard and BBM.
    11-15-10 02:01 PM
    To each his own, but the Torch does everything the iPhone does plus it has the physical keyboard. The new OS6 is fast and with the .337 upgrade, it is virtually bug free. I agree with LaughingBandit, "Blackberries are work phones you can play on and all other phones are play phones you can do SOME work on." But this Torch is the best of both worlds. I find my laptop sits a lot more now that I have the Torch.
    11-15-10 02:12 PM
    Android, and iPhones can be as productive as BlackBerry. It's all about the user. I've got a friend who has the most pointless apps on his Droid X; I kinda wanted to smack sense into him when he ran his beer "app".

I kind of steer clear of those apps. I've got Quick Office (might seem more complete if it had docx support like Docs to Go, but it's free). Google Calender with Astrid Task work for me. I don't have to worry about truncated email, either.
    11-15-10 02:19 PM
    I just want Angry Birds on my BB and I would be happy
    11-15-10 02:42 PM
    Sad the only thing i can think of is physical keyboard and BBM.
    x2...

people who tell me we dont need apps crack me up...

i just find blackberry is so far behind in the times. i have to find reasons to like my torch...
    11-15-10 02:59 PM
    x2...

i just find blackberry is so far behind in the times. i have to find reasons to like my torch...
    Why would you even buy, let alone keep a device that you feel that way about...

Makes no sense.
    11-15-10 03:00 PM
    Why would you even buy, let alone keep a device that you feel that way about...

Makes no sense.
    well - for most that have the torch i would imagine they bought it because of the "hype" around it.

dont get me wrong, its a decent phone... but i dont find it amazing - esp compared to what else is out on the market.
    i only wish there was a bit more with the new devices... esp with os6.
    also from going with a larger screen - no way i can go back to something smaller as i need it for media for what i do as a living.

sadly for me bbm is the only thing keeping me blackberry - with my business 99% of people use that as a form of communication. msn, texting, even emails are hardly used anymore.

sooo... no $ no toys... no toys no $ lol...
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 11-15-10 at 03:06 PM.
    11-15-10 03:04 PM
    Echoed papped. That's why I sold my S2; it was a great performer, but I found it was limited for the direction I was heading myself into. I know the person getting it will be a happy camper, especially having come from a 9530 - at least that's how I'd think he'd feel; the 9530 has gotten a bad rap since it came out.
    11-15-10 03:05 PM
    People buying ANY phone purely based on hype, then wondering why it doesn't meet their tailored expectations...

Yeah, I have no comments...
    11-15-10 03:06 PM
    well - for most that have the torch i would imagine they bought it because of the "hype" around it.

dont get me wrong, its a decent phone... but i dont find it amazing - esp compared to what else is out on the market.
    i only wish there was a bit more with the new devices... esp with os6.

sadly for me bbm is the only thing keeping me blackberry - with my business 99% of people use that as a form of communication. msn, texting, even emails are hardly used anymore.

sooo... no $ no toys... no toys no $ lol...

Understood. It is a hassle to tell your clients to move to something out of the blue. when that time comes, where you do switch, I think you'd be well-served by notifying them gradually - letting them know you're in the process. I'm in the same boat with my Google Voice number. I know people who've had my personal number for some time, but I do like the Google Voice style call management; blacklisting is a powerful feature .
    11-15-10 03:07 PM
    x2...

And exactly what apps does iPhone have that are soo mind blowing they make BB's archaic? I'm not referring to games either..please tell me because i'm sure my wife who has an iPhone would love to know what game changing apps are out there. Is it the Zippo app? Or maybe it's the "Bump" app that transfers your contact info from one phone to another? "Hey..lets bump phones..tee hee"

I've browsed iPhone forums trying to find what "cool" apps everyone is always talking about and using..and guess what. Nothing much different than what BB's have. Perhaps some of the "graphics" are better...but bottom line is..most people use Productivity apps..to speed up their day to day lives..which is exactly what BB's offer in the app department.

And I can guarantee you one thing the BB does better than iPhone: L-E-D. Can you walk away from your iphone for an hour..and come back and without ever picking it up..tell whether you've gotten an email (and if so, whether it's business or personal), or a BBM, or a SMS (and if so, from who EXACTLY), or a MSN Message or Whatsapp message or a missed call? Nope. Even in 2010 you STILL can't do that on iPhone.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-15-10 at 03:43 PM.
    11-15-10 03:32 PM
    I used an iPhone 3GS for almost a year. No doubt it has THE best touch interface ever built (yes even compared to all the latest Android phones). The app catalog is massive. You name it and you will probably find an app for it.

you can pass a lot of time downloading/trying different apps and most are really well designed. gaming is awesome on the iPhone as well. Hardware wise, the scratch free glass is great. You dont have to worry about babying the phone. It is quite sturdy.

Now even with all these pros I got bored of the iPhone. I switched to a Palm Pre Plus, really loved WebOS but hardware was very poor especially the battery life.
    So I changed over to Blackberry torch within the 30 days window and couldnt be happier.

This is my first time using a Blackberry. I always stayed away from berry's thinking they were only meant for corporate users. But I was wrong. The new Torch and the BB OS6 is awesome. I appreciate RIMM on making the OS efficient enough to run smoothly on a 624MHz processor. Is it iPhone like buttery smooth? NO. But it does a lot of other things better. e.g. I get real multitasking. I get a physical keyboard that is simply the best keyboard I have ever used on a phone. I m in love with the BB option key. I get amazing signal strength and moreover solid 2 day battery life with moderate use. Push email, love the social feeds for RSS feeds.

I just feel more comfortable with my Torch than I ever felt with my iPhone. I know the Torch could not compare with the iPhones graphic capabilities and the extensive app catalog. But I like it for what it does and the Torch really does it well.
    catwoman66 likes this.
    11-15-10 03:34 PM
    Both phones will do exactly what you want them to do....it depends on the users needs....
    11-15-10 03:40 PM
    I used an iPhone 3GS for almost a year. No doubt it has THE best touch interface ever built (yes even compared to all the latest Android phones). The app catalog is massive. You name it and you will probably find an app for it.

you can pass a lot of time downloading/trying different apps and most are really well designed. gaming is awesome on the iPhone as well. Hardware wise, the scratch free glass is great. You dont have to worry about babying the phone. It is quite sturdy.

Now even with all these pros I got bored of the iPhone. I switched to a Palm Pre Plus, really loved WebOS but hardware was very poor especially the battery life.
    So I changed over to Blackberry torch within the 30 days window and couldnt be happier.

This is my first time using a Blackberry. I always stayed away from berry's thinking they were only meant for corporate users. But I was wrong. The new Torch and the BB OS6 is awesome. I appreciate RIMM on making the OS efficient enough to run smoothly on a 624MHz processor. Is it iPhone like buttery smooth? NO. But it does a lot of other things better. e.g. I get real multitasking. I get a physical keyboard that is simply the best keyboard I have ever used on a phone. I m in love with the BB option key. I get amazing signal strength and moreover solid 2 day battery life with moderate use. Push email, love the social feeds for RSS feeds.

I just feel more comfortable with my Torch than I ever felt with my iPhone. I know the Torch could not compare with the iPhones graphic capabilities and the extensive app catalog. But I like it for what it does and the Torch really does it well.
    Wow, one of the few iphone users that actually seems to genuinely understand the pros and cons of both devices...

I almost thought it didn't exist.
    11-15-10 03:44 PM
    Echo that, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 03:47 PM
    I just want Angry Birds on my BB and I would be happy
    +1. And fruit ninja too! I'd GIVE AWAY my ipod to a homeless person if this were possible.

11-15-10 03:56 PM
    Hey guys , i need some points to fight against the iPhone fanboys
    I like my Torch better than the iPhone for reasons that matter only to me. Period. What's important to people who prefer their iPhone isn't as important to me, and vice-versa. Feel free to like your iPhone better.
    11-15-10 06:48 PM
    I like my Torch better than the iPhone for reasons that matter only to me. Period. What's important to people who prefer their iPhone isn't as important to me, and vice-versa. Feel free to like your iPhone better.
    Agreed- unless you're a sales rep, you're not going to make any commission from recommending a phone to someone. We as a society are not (yet) segregated by our telephones; if your friend has an iPhone, you can still hang out with them :P

As for my fave finds in the Torch so far: I really like the "Universal Search" feature. I never used the search feature in OS5, but now I use it every day, and it makes things much more efficient!
    11-15-10 07:00 PM

Ditto. I had an iphone 3GS for about a year. It was amazing at first - I even recommended it to other people. It was a great phone, but I had been on a bb curve before and missed it. With the Torch, I came back and am happy as can be.

Both phones are wonderful pieces of technology - both have their own pros and cons...I just happen to find BB fits my needs better and I'm much more comfortable with it.

I'm being myself with my BB.
    11-15-10 07:47 PM
    hey i think mentioning simple features of any bb that a iphone lacks in would help for example
    *bbs have removable batteries, underrated as the thing a phone starts to to lose is its battery life long term.
    *bbs have extendible memory, iphones however cost more depending on memory.
    *bbs are more custom made with keys that you can change and shortcuts you can put on apps.
    *the keyboard ofcourse ive tried both and i have to say im way faster on the bb. the iphone when using symbols takes forever.
    *USB using bbs its quite easy to transfer files,photos,music anything click and drag however using a iphone u actually need to download an app to use the phone like a usb even then its through itunes not the general comp.

overall after trying both i find my bb more user friendly and capable of my needs including lasting longer, able to put on word and ppt docs and being able to edit them without downloading any apps, texting is a breeze, phone is resistant to being dropped, fits in my small hand better.
    hope that helps !
    Last edited by afimelb; 11-15-10 at 08:08 PM.
    11-15-10 08:04 PM
    +1. And fruit ninja too! I'd GIVE AWAY my ipod to a homeless person if this were possible.

Hahaha, +1. My iPod Touch is sitting in the car 24/7 just for music playing purpose after I got the Torch!

11-15-10 08:13 PM
    I own both a iphone 4 and a Torch. The iphone 4 I must say is a wonderful piece of device with an incredibly beautiful screen, gorgeous design and feel, smooth touch interface that is unmatched by any other platforms, and lot of useful applications. But somehow I just prefer the Torch more, much more than the iphone. The Torch is so much more productive with its keyboard, rich notifications and multitasking capabilities that make email and instant messaging like bbm, msn, google talk working reliably. The iphone's multitasking is just not up to the task. Instant messenging is unreliable and typing long text/emails is a big pain. I am using the Torch as my main phone. When I felt tired of Torch I go to my iphone 4, but my excitement with iphone very soon wane and I go back to the Torch again, and the Torch-Iphone back and forth continues. My bottomline is that the Torch is truly a fantastic productive work horse even though it doesn't have the wow factor and smoothness torch interface of the iphone. I love both but I love Torch much more.

catwoman66 and soogriff like this.
    11-16-10 01:43 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD