Hi Crackberry... After suffering with an Iphone 3g since the IOS 4 update, and gravely missing the efficiency of BB, I've decided to return to a BB (used one for work until 2008).

My Iphone is useless, and people seem to love the 9700 form factor, so I'm torn with whether to wait for the 9780 (in Canada), or get the Torch on the 24th of September.

Any thoughts on the differences between the two? Pros/Cons/Recommendations?

Cheers
    Last edited by BigTK; 09-03-10 at 03:25 PM.
    09-03-10 03:22 PM
    I went from a 9700 to a torch and then back to my 9700, I hated the torch.
    09-03-10 03:30 PM
    I went from a 9700 to a torch and then back to my 9700, I hated the torch.
    Why? Your profile shows you as having a Torch. Must not be much to discuss in the 9700 thread.
    09-03-10 03:35 PM
    Why? Your profile shows you as having a Torch. Must not be much to discuss in the 9700 thread.
    Just cause I don't feel like updating my profile
    09-03-10 03:37 PM
    Why did you hate the torch? Will you upgrade to the 9780 or wait for the
    OS6 release for the 9700?

How functional is the browser on the 9700 (that's my only concern regarding getting the 9700 now).

Note - I'm pretty excited for the torch.
    09-03-10 03:38 PM
    I have been tempted to go pick up a Torch. But after extensive playing around with it, I'll stick with my iPhone 4. I may pick up a Bold 9780 when it hits, since I love thefirn factor of the Bold 9700. But we'll see. I have really enjoyed my iPhone 4.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 03:39 PM
    I am not a multimedia person, if I was I would buy an andriod. My 9700 is a workhorse for txting and email, I don't know if I will upgrade when the 9780 comes out. I might just try it out and see what I think.
    09-03-10 03:40 PM
    The thing that pisses me off is that the 9780 really should be sooner than end of the year given that it gets OS6 out there faster. There seems to be a lot of people who would pick one up over continuing with a new Iphone. But, most aren't willing to wait so long...
    09-03-10 03:43 PM
    You really can't lose with either phone. To answer your question, the browser on the 9700 as it stands now will get the job done, just not as fast as your iphone. Wait a little bit and the new webkit browser will really kick it in too high gear. It really just matters what you want most. If you like the touch screen functionality then go with the torch. If you like the small compact form factor of most common bb's than go with the 9780 or 9700 if you cant wait!! Glad your coming back to bb land....I know I will as soon as that 9780 drops for tmo!!
    09-03-10 03:43 PM
    New firmware will be available next week for iPhone 3G that should fix the performance issues. Guys who are using the Gold Master are reporting very good results.
    09-03-10 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply Rick2123. This really is an excellent forum. Really enjoyed the posts over the past few weeks. The bashers are ridiculous though...
    09-03-10 03:49 PM
    Also, waiting has been very painful... Don't know if I can wait almost 3 months for a 9780. I do look forward to smashing my 3g when the time comes. WIll be cathartic given how slow, and useless it's been since June. Steve Jobs is an ******* for putting out IOS4 like that...
    09-03-10 03:54 PM
    Hi Crackberry... After suffering with an Iphone 3g since the IOS 4 update, and gravely missing the efficiency of BB, I've decided to return to a BB (used one for work until 2008).

My Iphone is useless, and people seem to love the 9700 form factor, so I'm torn with whether to wait for the 9780 (in Canada), or get the Torch on the 24th of September.

Any thoughts on the differences between the two? Pros/Cons/Recommendations?

Cheers
    Only you can answer this question. If this is an upgrade period for you, I would suggest testing the Torch during your 30 trial period. If you don't feel it's right for you, trade it for the 9700. Once you've had the 9700 for a few weeks you will be able to decide if the Torch was a good phone, or if the 9700 is what you will stick with.

Or... you may decide the iPhone wasn't so bad and head back to Appleland.
    09-03-10 04:04 PM
    I just went from iphone to torch, I love it, has everything i needed in bb and stuff i wanted in the iphone...I will never go back to an iphone as long as bb keeps updating software and hardware...I hear a lot of talk about it wiggles here and wiggles there mines so damn firm i often forget it slides out to reveal a physical keyboard and use the touch keyboard 99% of the time. I am really worried about my data limits, haven't been able to put it down since i unboxed it and I only have the $15 att plan, somehow I wish they stilll had the unlimited plan or something like sprints unlimited data and text family plan...come on att wake the heck up already!!!
    kevin
    09-03-10 04:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply Rick2123. This really is an excellent forum. Really enjoyed the posts over the past few weeks. The bashers are ridiculous though...
    Don't mind the bashers, like they say in aviation, " you won't know which headset works for you untill you try it on" same with the phone, try it for a few weeks if you don't like it try something else...
    Kevin
    09-03-10 04:22 PM
    Whatever you decide is up to you. Only you can decide. The important point is to think for youself and not be swayed by anything more than your own experience. The Torch is in the stores now; the 9780 is not. There are numerous threads posted Torch owners who are thrilled with them. I have had a 9700, 9000 and an 8310. The Torch is such a step up from the 9700 that I Don't miss it. Go in the store and spend at least an hour testing. See how much having a touchscreen, a better trackpad and QWERTY keyboard makes multi-tasking so much more powerful as well as web-browsing with tabbed browsing, pinch to zoom, double tap ans swipe. The multi-media experience is so much better. I don't miss the 9000 stereo speakers. Also, the Torch has 0S 6 now. It may be a few months before the 9700 gets it and 9780 is released.

09-03-10 08:08 PM
    The thing that pisses me off is that the 9780 really should be sooner than end of the year given that it gets OS6 out there faster. There seems to be a lot of people who would pick one up over continuing with a new Iphone. But, most aren't willing to wait so long...
    i think they're clearing the shelves of the 9700?
    and some people, especially those who don't visit the forums and simply rely on the knowledge of the sales rep.. will probably think they only have the 9700 vs 9800 at this time.. not knowing the 9780 is coming.
    09-03-10 08:28 PM
    yeah but bloody when??????

09-03-10 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD