So I just recieved a message from "BlackBerry" (PIN: 256AC8D9)
    Telling me that I am among 15 people who have won $90000 (Oh golly!) after my PIN was selected via "Digital Random Internet BlackBerry Processing Service (D.R.I.B.P.S.)" which "won for you $90,000.00 USD and your reward is coming from the interest generated from advertising and copyrights from the BlackBerry network."
    There are many grammatical errors and it tells me to keep this confidential so its not a very good hoax at all. Has anybody else recieved this message? I wasnt sure what forum to put this in so I just put it here.
    05-08-11 02:34 PM
    At least you are not getting spammed with tons of BBM invitations because some ******** decided to post your PIN in hornymenforumland.sex/getlaid.php
    05-08-11 05:06 PM
    So I just recieved a message from "BlackBerry" (PIN: 256AC8D9)
    Telling me that I am among 15 people who have won $90000 (Oh golly!) after my PIN was selected via "Digital Random Internet BlackBerry Processing Service (D.R.I.B.P.S.)" which "won for you $90,000.00 USD and your reward is coming from the interest generated from advertising and copyrights from the BlackBerry network."
    There are many grammatical errors and it tells me to keep this confidential so its not a very good hoax at all. Has anybody else recieved this message? I wasnt sure what forum to put this in so I just put it here.
    We've (as in the CrackBerry community) seen this off and on with random PINs posing as BlackBerry, advising security breaches of spamming, and I've seen it on a couple of corporate devices where we don't block BBM/PIN messaging via IT Policy/Firewall.

Just ignore it, sadly it's just growing pains as a platform/service grows. Any good technology will be abused.
    05-08-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD