i downloaded the telus os update from bberry .com but i am not sure how to properly install it can some one help me or point me to a thread that can help me ...thank you so much
    10-01-10 12:40 PM
    BACK UP
    download it
    run the file
    install it
    open Desktop Manager
    Follow screen instructions
    10-01-10 12:45 PM
    i am downloading this on my att phone it wouldnt be a problem ?
    10-01-10 12:57 PM
    It's better to do it through desktop manager. It's a lot quicker.
    10-01-10 01:06 PM
    how do i do it thru desktop manager? i downloaded the file backed up my data ..now what ?
    Last edited by nikosg21; 10-01-10 at 01:11 PM.
    10-01-10 01:07 PM
    How do I do this as an ATT guy. I really want a newer build and want to use the BB site from the Canadian carriers
    10-01-10 01:22 PM
    no idea lol thats why i am asking lol ..hopefully i get a lil help
    10-01-10 01:24 PM
    Here you go:

Uninstall any OLD BlackBerry OS versions from your computer if you have them.

Install .246 to your computer. This means you double click on the OS.exe file that you downloaded and let Windows install it.

Plug in your phone and use Desktop Manager 6.0 (DM) to make a backup of your device.

Close DM and go to:

C:\program files(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\

From there delete vendor.xml, if it's there, then run loader.exe

Follow the instructions - make sure you look closely at the list of items that have or do not have check marks next to them so you install what you want and don't install what you don't want.

When the popup asks if it should make a backup of your device and restore your 3rd party apps, it should be selected to do it. Do not change it.

Wait about 15-20 minutes for the process to complete and your phone to reboot completely before disconnecting. You will probably get an EntryPoint error at the end - do not worry.

Enjoy and let us know how it went. Always remember it takes several battery pulls while you're getting your phone running again before the OS becomes stable. If it seems slow at first just give it some time to do it's thing and when it seems to have caught up, do another battery pull.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any trouble!
    10-01-10 02:34 PM
    Perfect ..this new update is amazing ...made my phone awesome!!love it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 03:47 PM
    as jeffrei said make sure to delete the vendor.xml file...personally i haven't noticed any issues if you do or don't (forgot to once) but you never know i am sure the ops and mods who have recommended this to us say it for a reason and you don't want to risk it.
    10-01-10 05:18 PM
    Nothing happens it just won't let you install the OS in some cases (when installing an OS from another provider).
    10-01-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD