Hello All. I am a new member of Crackberry and also a new Torch user. I just wanted to share my experience and frustrations with the physical build quality of the (3) Torch devices I have been through within the last 10 days.

Device #1. Mexico 4 Build date of 10.28.10. Creaking keyboard, esp. on left side. Dust evident under screen in just a few days. Very low call volume on speakerphone. "Sticky" sound when touching call button panel. Physical keyboard feels very cheap when compared to the physical keyboard on Devices #2 and #3.

Device #2. Canada 1 Build date of 12.13.10. Dust evident under screen in less than 24 hours. The top lock button is super sensitive and easily depressed whereas the other builds had a tighter feel to the lock button and thus less prone to accidentally getting pressed while in my pant pockets. The left side of the call button panel cover was raised slightly higher than the right side. The call button panel cover made a slight "sticky" sound but much much better than on Device #1. The slider mechanism felt solid but seemed a tad bid too tight to push. Screen did not sit 100% flush in closed position.

Device #3. Hungary 3 Build date of 12.10.10. This seems the best build of all the devices I have tried. The screen looks great so far. The call button panel cover is on perfectly with no "sticky" noise. The trackpad itself has a slightly "clicky" sound but that is no big deal. The slider mechanism feels perfect. The top lock button feels great....not too sensitive or too loose. So far so good all around.

Luckily, I didn't seem to have any software related issues on any of my devices.

Moral: It seems like the Torches are very susceptible to dust under the screen. Also, it seems that the build quality of the Torches varies so it may take a few exchanges for you to find the "perfect" one for you.

Enjoy.
    01-24-11 03:16 PM
    Thankfully I haven't had any issues with my Torch since release date. Everything works great *knock on wood*

But I have noticed a friend's Torch having issues with the sliding function. She prefers using touchscreen keyboards. When I told her that's the best part of a Blackberry and went to slide her phone open to show her, it was jammed. She said she's never slid open the Torch in the entire month she had it and never even noticed. It felt as if you had to push it open so hard you were worried about breaking it. Told her she definitely needed to return that unit and get a different one.

She did say she dropped it a few times, so who knows, does that affect it?
    01-24-11 10:57 PM
    Thank you for saying that I really hate the lock button it's just way too sensitive and the volume is low on both speaker and the handset (mexico)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 01:06 AM
    Thank you for saying that I really hate the lock button it's just way too sensitive and the volume is low on both speaker and the handset (mexico)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    same issue with lock button... berries are no more reliable as they used to be i guess. (mexico)
    01-25-11 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD