I've recently redone the code for my app BerrySlider. I'm looking for a few beta testes who will be up for a few hours and willing to download the app. I will need a few people who can provide me with feedback, so someone that knows a little bit about their device. If you're interested please post it in this thread.

Thanks
    10-02-10 10:35 PM
    I'll be glad to help beta test it though I can't promise to stay awake for more than another hour or two.
    10-02-10 10:43 PM
    I'll be up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 10:45 PM
    Ill be up and willing to beta test for you.
    9800/6.0.0.246 Official
    pin:22CF35C3

10-02-10 10:47 PM
    Okay I sent you guys pm's. The beta link should be live in about 5 minutes.

Thanks
    10-02-10 11:00 PM
    I'm available to beta test as well. I know a lot about this device as well.
    pin:22D95BA8

10-02-10 11:04 PM
    Ok I'm up and running - my first hope would be to get it to launch with the hardware lock button.

I prefer to not have my phone be locked unless I lock it. I know I can set the autolock on dim to 0 minutes and have it launch automatically but then it will also lock every time the screen goes off which is a pain if it's sitting on my desk.

I will continue to try and break it for you though!
    10-02-10 11:12 PM
    Hey I have an 9700 & would like 2 become an beta tester for your app. Pin:215b032b

10-02-10 11:14 PM
    Ok I'm up and running - my first hope would be to get it to launch with the hardware lock button.

I prefer to not have my phone be locked unless I lock it. I know I can set the autolock on dim to 0 minutes and have it launch automatically but then it will also lock every time the screen goes off which is a pain if it's sitting on my desk.

I will continue to try and break it for you though!
    Yeah that's something I'm working on right now. I've found a few ways of doing it, but they seem to be unstable at best. I would like to get that feature working 100% before adding it back to the app.
    10-02-10 11:20 PM
    1) What does "Show Menu Items" do? I can't see a difference whether this is enabled or not.

2) If I hit the lock button and then unlock it a second later it shows the BerrySlider. If I hit the lock button without sliding it, it does nothing. I'm not sure if this can be changed but if I took the phone out of my pocket to look at the time, I would not be able to just lock it again. I'd have to slide to unlock and then lock.
    10-02-10 11:21 PM
    Storm 9530 .797 ill be up for a bit

10-02-10 11:22 PM
    Yeah that's something I'm working on right now. I've found a few ways of doing it, but they seem to be unstable at best. I would like to get that feature working 100% before adding it back to the app.
    I have been using PatternLock and they have that feature but I hate the fact that it stops the hardware lock from disabling most of the hardware buttons (mute, volume up/down, convenience key, trackpad press). This makes it way too easy to turn the screen on in my pocket.

There's a "Launch behind default lock" option in PatternLock but that does not work for me and numerous attempts with their support have not gotten it fixed...they're "investigating."

I'm not sure if that helps but if you can do it better than they can it would be very nice!
    10-02-10 11:23 PM
    I'm willing to be a beta tester as well. I will be up for at least 2 more hours. I would love for it to work with the lock button

Rogers, .246, pin:231B11F7

10-02-10 11:25 PM
    1) What does "Show Menu Items" do? I can't see a difference whether this is enabled or not.

2) If I hit the lock button and then unlock it a second later it shows the BerrySlider. If I hit the lock button without sliding it, it does nothing. I'm not sure if this can be changed but if I took the phone out of my pocket to look at the time, I would not be able to just lock it again. I'd have to slide to unlock and then lock.
    1. When this is turned on you can simply click the menu key and choose lock screen anywhere in the os. So say you're in your email and you want to lock the device you can click the menu key and lock the device. If this is turned off then this option will no be available.

2. Okay so when you hit the lock button you want the app to come up and then hit the lock button again to have it turn off? Should be easy enough to add.
    10-02-10 11:41 PM
    1. When this is turned on you can simply click the menu key and choose lock screen anywhere in the os. So say you're in your email and you want to lock the device you can click the menu key and lock the device. If this is turned off then this option will no be available.

2. Okay so when you hit the lock button you want the app to come up and then hit the lock button again to have it turn off? Should be easy enough to add.
    1) Ok I get it thanks.

2) To be clear - I'd like it to launch immediately after the device is locked with the hardware lock - keeping in place the disabled hardware keys of the hardware lock. Then when I hit the lock button again, it should unlock the device but remain "slider locked". From there I would either be able to slide to unlock and use the phone or just hit the lock button again to relock the device and immediately dim the screen; exactly the way the hardware lock works on its own.

Again the last part would be if I took the phone out of my pocket, checked the time, then wanted to lock it and put it away immediately. It would be an extra step to have to slide to close BerrySlider and then hit the lock button.
    10-02-10 11:45 PM
    I have my screen dim set to 30 seconds. I'd like to see this more like 10 seconds when BerrySlider is active...perhaps configurable too?

A big problem with the Torch is obviously the lock button is too easy to hit. If it's in my pocket and the lock button is hit, BerrySlider is there to protect from any screen presses. However, now that the hardware lock is off, any button will turn on the screen. In such a case, I'd like the screen to go off quickly rather than stay on for the full 30 seconds.
    10-02-10 11:47 PM
    1) Ok I get it thanks.

2) To be clear - I'd like it to launch immediately after the device is locked with the hardware lock - keeping in place the disabled hardware keys of the hardware lock. Then when I hit the lock button again, it should unlock the device but remain "slider locked". From there I would either be able to slide to unlock and use the phone or just hit the lock button again to relock the device and immediately dim the screen; exactly the way the hardware lock works on its own.

Again the last part would be if I took the phone out of my pocket, checked the time, then wanted to lock it and put it away immediately. It would be an extra step to have to slide to close BerrySlider and then hit the lock button.
    Okay I released a new beta and it's available. I've added the feature you requested and should work the way you described.
    10-02-10 11:55 PM
    I have my screen dim set to 30 seconds. I'd like to see this more like 10 seconds when BerrySlider is active...perhaps configurable too?

A big problem with the Torch is obviously the lock button is too easy to hit. If it's in my pocket and the lock button is hit, BerrySlider is there to protect from any screen presses. However, now that the hardware lock is off, any button will turn on the screen. In such a case, I'd like the screen to go off quickly rather than stay on for the full 30 seconds.
    Thanks for the heads up. I don't have my torch yet so I didn't know the lock button was easy to press. I will add this feature in for you.
    10-02-10 11:57 PM
    Okay I released a new beta and it's available. I've added the feature you requested and should work the way you described.
    Should the version number have changed? I see 5.5.0 still from the download link - that's what I have installed.

By the way, in application management it's still called StormSlider instead of BerrySlider. Not sure if that's intended.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have my torch yet so I didn't know the lock button was easy to press. I will add this feature in for you.
    Yeah it's a joke how easy it is to press the button. I can't believe the beta testers didn't notice it. Demand for your app and others like it should be much higher for the Torch as a result. Without the added layer of protection it easily turns on and presses buttons in the pocket.
    10-03-10 12:01 AM
    More than willing to give you some feedback.
    10-03-10 12:02 AM
    Should the version number have changed? I see 5.5.0 still from the download link - that's what I have installed.

By the way, in application management it's still called StormSlider instead of BerrySlider. Not sure if that's intended.

Yeah it's a joke how easy it is to press the button. I can't believe the beta testers didn't notice it. Demand for your app and others like it should be much higher for the Torch as a result. Without the added layer of protection it easily turns on and presses buttons in the pocket.
    Yeah the version will change. When you're at the download screen press the menu key and refresh and it will update it.

I keep forgetting to change that StormSlider lol.
    10-03-10 12:02 AM
    Yeah the version will change. When you're at the download screen press the menu key and refresh and it will update it.

I keep forgetting to change that StormSlider lol.
    Tried the refresh - still shows 5.5.0
    10-03-10 12:04 AM
    woops try now =)
    10-03-10 12:09 AM
    I installed the 5.5.0 that was there over the one I had. I see that the lock button will now lock the device with BerrySlider already active - perfect.

I'll continue to try and break it!

Let me know when the dim feature and hardware lock launch are available!
    10-03-10 12:13 AM
    Okay I should have the dim feature in place in like 30 minutes. I usually upload beta versions every hour or so. So when you're bored feel free to check the link and see if it's updated. =)

Thanks for your help so far. I usually try to avoid Miami fans lol. I'm a gator fan myself
    10-03-10 12:19 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD