I like the trackpad, it is pretty neat feature as I came from a storm that obviously didn't have one. I thought it would be even cooler if there was an option to use the slide out keyboard in the same manner like a laptop computer can with the touch pad. There was a phone released a few years ago that had that capability with a clear glass keypad or whatever. I know it is a touchscreen and I can touch where ever I wanted to without scrolling, but to also have the ability to use the keyboard with that feature would add more to the table and open up different avenues for apps and such. Maybe in future phones, RIM will implement this feature, and not just for touchscreen phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:38 PM
    It would be rather redundant. Why not just use the touchscreen? Besides, the OS is designed for a trackpad. On a computer, you have to have the larger surface of a fingerpad to easily drag the mouse cursor from one side of a much larger screen to the other.having the same setup on a phone would be overkilll.

10-13-10 07:08 PM
    This is an interesting idea. There have been times where I wish I had a bigger trackpad, but I don't know how I'd feel about this one. It'd be very welcome, but it just doesn't seem too practical considering we already have a trackpad and especially since we have the touch screen. I think I'll have to agree with Masahiro.

This idea reminds me of the bluetooth keyboards that mount to PS3 controllers. Those have this function too, but I think it gets more mileage there considering they don't have anything like a trackpad or touchscreen.
    10-13-10 07:34 PM
    But so is having 3 different styles of keyboard. Even on non touchscreen BB's you could pinch zoom pictures and web pages in the browser I think. I just hate how my case gets in the way of the trackpad to really utilize it to its fullest so having the convienence. Of a keyboard trackpad would be a nice thing. Just saying

10-13-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD