hey all! got my Torch, LOVING IT!

one issue hoping I might be able to get some help with:

When in the ALL tab on the home screen, I cannot seem to place icons in the order I'd like.

I move them fine and they'll stay where i move them UNTIL i change tabs or screens. As soon as I come back...BOOM....reset back to a randomized order.

Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks in advance fellow Torchinators
    10-01-10 01:55 PM
    I had this problem as well. Seems to have resolved itself after I hid a bunch of icons and did a reboot. (.246)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 04:36 PM
    thanks Shifty, i've done a few reboots but let me try clearing out and hiding some icons and give it some time...and cross my fingers haha
    10-01-10 05:01 PM
    by any chance you are not changing themes are you? I do know if u change themes icons r different form theme to theme otherwise shifty646 is the best solution, when in doubt do a battery pull...i've hid a lot of the at&t garbage i couldn't delete but my icons stay in the same place...maybe try loading a new os if ur problem isn't resolved..
    10-01-10 05:09 PM
    hey guys, sorry forgot to also mention i'm running .246 on rogers. just picked up the phone yesterday!

haven't changed any themes, using the stock one and yah, i've done tons of batt pulls actually.

i'm thinking it might have to do with the switcharoo i did on DM6 with my old 8900...maybe some of the older apps are causing problems?

i do know that i have to re-add my e-mails since it looks like my roges bis does not sync wirelessly with the torch
    10-01-10 05:28 PM
    Yeah, I used "switch device" from my 9700 to the 9800 as well and also brought all the 9700 apps over in the switch. I also had a few apps that didn't work on OS6 and caused problems. I'd highly recommend removing all your 3rd party apps that don't say they work specifically on OS6. Then install them one at a time and see if they work. One other thing I noticed is whenever I install a new app from Blackberry World, it moves my BB World app icon to a different location. I just simply move it back where I had it and it stays there until I download another app.
    10-02-10 08:34 AM
    Sorry to rehash an old thread. This is happening to me. I tried hiding icons and battery pulls to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions? This is becoming really annoying.
    10-31-10 01:41 PM
    Sorry to rehash an old thread. This is happening to me. I tried hiding icons and battery pulls to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions? This is becoming really annoying.
    Did you use the device wizard or restore from a non-os6 backup? Have you converted ur 3rd party apps to TS versions or Torch specific versions if available?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD